Pages:
Author

Topic: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity? - page 26. (Read 102789 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Some great info on this thread, but also some doomer stuff.

Yeah the system's we have are screwed, yeah banks will keep rinsing us and yeah it'll probably implode in the next 20 odd years as the west falls off it's demographic cliff ala Japan.

But the public simply will not wake up any time soon. There more interested in attacking the rich or denigrating the underclasses led by sock puppet MSM when they're not watching the Kardashians or some other mind rot. And therein lies the problem, all the slaves are still fighting among themselves without looking to the problem of centralised control of government and money supply.

Here, we are part of an incredibly tiny demographic (I'm talking broad strokes libertarian, freemarket, awake and aware types, I do not mean to speak for all). We have almost zero representation in the mainstream, Ron Paul? Nigel Farage? Yeah they are good for entertainment but they are pin pricks in the ass of an elephant. But it will come one day. The sooner the SHTF the sooner we can move towards a more civil society. The world is fast approaching a moment where the math of free money and power to banks will have to fail. Will we see it in our lifetimes? I hope, but certainly don't expect it.

What's left of the free market will continue to churn out innovation just as the efficiencies and wealth it creates are then used by governments to make up more reasons control countries. And personally I'm not even sure that bitcoin truly contributes to freedom in it's current form, though it is disruptive and innovative.

Things will shamble forward, but it aint all bad Wink

I found a great video recently, while I already knew most of it I enjoy Don Harrold's musings thought you guys might like it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFwsWpa7Wuc&feature=share
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
When the rule of law goes away (because everyone is bankrupt and it is impossible for the system to pay and be trusted), all we have remaining is Trusting Trust combined with trusting algorithms which don't require trust.

Political bullshit morass will be more harmful than worthless.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

It is clear that only 3 of the 9 are willing to protect constitutional rights. The other 6 are willing to uphold tyranny.

The tenth amendment has long since fallen.
It is clear we can no longer rely on the fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh.
Progressive undermining of the second will follow.
The first alone will not stand long.

As they say, "so goes copper, so goes the global economy...".

Dr. Copper has spoken, "look out below":

http://www.minyanville.com/business-news/editors-pick/articles/Charts-Copper-Bubble-Is-Being-Punctured/3/17/2014/id/54201

http://blog.mpettis.com/2014/03/will-emerging-markets-come-back/#comment-21244

Quote from: AnonyMint
Even the IMF has admitted that global debt is at a 200 year high. Central bank was invented a the end of the Middle Ages, but it wasn't ubiquitous until the 20th century. In addition to the $223 trillion debt which is 313% of global GDP, there is something on the order of $quadrillion of derivatives and another $quadrillion of actuarial promises to society which are unfunded. Central banking being the omnipresent lender of last resort is the cause of humongous monstrosity, because it prevented liquidation of TBTF throughout the 20th century.

For example the emerging markets are heavily laden with corporate dollar bond debt because due to ZIRP the fixed income investments (e.g. pensions) were forced to seek higher returns abroad. Thus emerging markets are mathematically betting short the dollar. Thus as capital flees the peripheral (i.e. non-reserve currency) markets (to include Europe and Japan by next year), there will be massive strength in the value of the reserve currency (the dollar) in 2015 and concomitant doubling in the NYSE index. This would put a spiraling (the toilet bowl) pressure on emerging markets, because they will be repaying debt with weakening local currencies. This will spiral until they exhaust dollar reserves and default on external debt, because once you take away the bubble veneer, none of them have positive current accounts. Argentina is approaching default the earliest probably in 2016.

Central banking is an abject failure.

But there is currently no better solution on tap. The fundamental issue and potential solution is much deeper than I can insert into a blog comment.

See also:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5775371
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Dark Ages...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5672089

P.S. John Williams (proprietor of ShadowStats.com) thinks we will have hyperinflation. He is entirely mistaken. We will have severe deflation.

You are both entirely mistaken. As soon as we have severe inflation or deflation, the game will be over and dark age begins. Japan and all other 400%-Debt/GDP economies are trying to maintain zero percent inflation until they can't.

Dark Age is severe deflation, but the difference is that almost nothing has value any more. Food becomes the unit of currency and becomes much more expensive, e.g. rice was money in Japan for about 600 years during its Dark Age. This means the maximization of the division-of-labor collapses back to barter money, which means productivity and new knowledge production collapses.

Agreed there exists now the threat of falling into a Dark Age. And that is why I am working so hard on a technological solution. I know you don't believe it is possible to avoid a Dark Age. You might be correct, but you also might not be. I told you upthread that my strategy is to make it so the hackers can avoid confiscation and control over their activities, so that we can create 1000X more productivity in the Knowledge Age space. I hope this can offset the collapse of 47% into technological unemployment along with a $223 trillion global debt morass with a $2000 trillion derivatives and unfunded future social liabilities.

Wait to see the outcome.

P.S. And I thought I was the pessimist in this forum, you are more pessimistic than me.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
Where can I read more about Madmax?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
Mad Max Dark Ages are the norm most of the time throughout human history.  Cry

Wrong. The history of the citizen within the societies is not the history of the human. The history of the human is dozen fold older and never suffered Mad Max Dark Ages.
Mad Max Dark Ages are the norm most of the time throughout human history.  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: