Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Anyone Here a Writer? - page 9. (Read 4683 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
September 13, 2016, 02:26:09 PM
count me in. I've been paid for it occasionally but i'm not so sure it's a career with much of a future any more. too many hacks willing to do too much for nothing.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
September 13, 2016, 01:08:55 PM
Count me in. I am a writer. I create books which is interested to the people. The niche is always defend upon to the current event which is the real happening in this planet. But I am not a bitter writer who wrote negative sides of the person. I am a bonifide writer who create good and bad side of a person but I highlight the good benefit of his work. During his time.

Please, tell us more about your secret on becoming a bonifide writer. (please ignore this reply if by happenstance you penned your post from a keyboard where the 'a' is adjacent to the 'i', and you've opted to forego usage of a spell checker due to whatever reasoning as a bonifide writer)
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 13, 2016, 07:47:16 AM
How about you? Why do you write? How did you get started?

Hi!
I'm a videographer.
And Now i will make a film about Epidemy.
The text is on intervuied people side.
I need only to register the talked text and put all the stuff togheder to made a film in my vision of facts.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
September 13, 2016, 06:13:36 AM
Count me in. I am a writer. I create books which is interested to the people. The niche is always defend upon to the current event which is the real happening in this planet. But I am not a bitter writer who wrote negative sides of the person. I am a bonifide writer who create good and bad side of a person but I highlight the good benefit of his work. During his time.
legendary
Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041
July 14, 2016, 09:20:24 AM
I am a writer. I have been writing since I was 12 (I am 29 now). I was home schooled, and my dad gave me a writing assignment: illustrate and write my own story. I can't even remember the story I wrote, ha!

I have a lot of original stuff, but for the past two years, I have been lost in the world of fanfiction; it's just so much more relaxing writing in a universe with characters who already exists. Unlike when you write an original, you have so much thinking to do-- and sometimes, you need a break from that (thinking).

I write when I need an escape from reality. How about you? Why do you write? How did you get started?
I used to write a lot, actually, and recently I thought about getting back into it.  I got started back when I was still in school, mostly high school.  At first it was papers or essays and somewhere along the way someone suggested writing novels or fanfictions and I tried it out, and a lot of people surprisingly liked it.

I was never too much of a fan of my own writing, but people seemed to like it.  It's been a couple years since I've written anything, so looking back at my own writing from a few years ago, it looks really bad and immature, but I can post some of it here anyway, if you're interested.

(Don't judge lol, I wrote this crap when I was like 16-18)

https://www.booksie.com/users/alkaios-45739

You're older than I am currently, I'm only 22, so mine will most likely look like shit compared to your years of experience, but whatever. Tongue  Enjoy.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
July 12, 2016, 09:54:07 PM
I'm not even a typist.     Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
July 12, 2016, 09:51:08 PM
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

One of my favorite openings...

I wouldn't call myself a writer, but I dabble in and appreciate creative writing, I'm a big fan of The SCP Foundation

Some notable entries:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-002
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682
top-rated entries
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
July 12, 2016, 07:58:23 PM
It was a dark and stormy night ...

The hot breath of the beast blows your hair back, it bellows once, long and loud, your body is frozen in fear, you open your eyes to the crawling unwholesomeness of the world, the pit in your stomach fills with snakes ...
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
July 12, 2016, 07:55:45 PM
It was a dark and stormy night ...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 12, 2016, 01:36:03 AM
I am a writer. I have been writing since I was 12 (I am 29 now). I was home schooled, and my dad gave me a writing assignment: illustrate and write my own story. I can't even remember the story I wrote, ha!

I have a lot of original stuff, but for the past two years, I have been lost in the world of fanfiction; it's just so much more relaxing writing in a universe with characters who already exists. Unlike when you write an original, you have so much thinking to do-- and sometimes, you need a break from that (thinking).

I write when I need an escape from reality. How about you? Why do you write? How did you get started?
Pages:
Jump to: