Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Avalon mining with customer hardware? Answer is here. - page 6. (Read 44352 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

Can you spell 500 Ghash ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237710.0;topicseen

Are these some of the fpgas the miners were conned into trading away ?

Yes I can Five Hundred Gigahashes. Not really sure what point you are making.

How is the mining going at BTCMine? Enjoying your 10 day stint for 0.1 bitcoins?

umm.. BFL rigs = network hashrate flux

WTF does the pool I'm at have to do with this ? Get a better calculator and stop trying to distract others from the matters at hand.

Regardless my 1.4 ghash earns, I was having a freaking blast, even during this dry spell, thanks to having the peace of mind knowing that ITS AN HONEST 10 DAYS PAY. I say 'was' because these revelations have made the plot to centralize Bitcoin and rip off the miners, BLATANTLEY CLEAR.

For you or ANYONE to justify any company's burnin policy, implies of a conflict of interest. THEY MINED BTC WITH THE MINER'S PRE PAID PROPERTY. THEY, WHO EVER THEY ARE MUST BE HELD TO ACCOUNT.

As a show of solidarity to all those who have be taken advantage of, I'll will be taking the rest of my 2.2 ghash offline, when the current round is completed.

WE ARE THE 75% !! Soon to be 99%. :/
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It just shows though they have far to much influence on something that was supposed to be decentralised.
It also indicates why the stepwise linearity of difficulty is a far less important metric when massive swings in network capacity can and do happen, and how the centralized operations can and will game that.

For example, right after a diff. reset, a big operator can bring a chunk of capacity online and jump BpH up to around 8 or more.  In fact,the marginal small unit isn't going to contribute in that enhanced bounty, only the centralized power is mathematically positioned to extract that "bonus."

Gaming abounds.  With regard to this network drop, though, something happened somewhere, I don't think there's any question, and that goes right to the point you made.

I am glad to see I am not the only one with concerns.

To me the writing is already on the wall I am sorry to say - this is a fatal flaw with Bitcoins and will come to fruition.

All anyone would has to do is take down a couple of the big players and that's it - everything will grind to a halt. Happens continuously with the alt currencies.

I wonder if the technical solution is to set the difficulty based on the previous 1,600 or so blocks at the time the mining is performed.  

One idea could be - instead of changing the difficulty just change reward - leave the difficulty at a fixed level so you can always mine solo, and make it fully resistant to ASIC's by using a random algorithm for encryption (no idea how this would work but it needs some element of randomness which will make ASIC development impossible)

The key elements are this - anyone should be able to buy the hardware next day / same day (this will stop the likes of ASIC miner grabbing such a large share because of proprietary technology)  - It will only run on off the shelf hardware. Discourage mining pools by removing the difficulty issue which is the only reason people join mining pools.

The reward should trade places with difficulty so only a set number of coins are produced in the given period.

This is the only way to discourage centralisation of coin generation and transaction processing. Its the difficulty changes that have created this problem - and it is only getting worse - even with 200ghs you are looking at between 10 and 30 days to solve one block. That is monster no one can do that solo.

On Slush's pool one round was 90 million shares - that is just insane.

I imagine there is going to be a cull of the smaller mining pools in the very near future as they are now taking too long to make payouts which will then further centralise the coin generation.

legendary
Activity: 1246
It just shows though they have far to much influence on something that was supposed to be decentralised.
It also indicates why the stepwise linearity of difficulty is a far less important metric when massive swings in network capacity can and do happen, and how the centralized operations can and will game that.

For example, right after a diff. reset, a big operator can bring a chunk of capacity online and jump BpH up to around 8 or more.  In fact,the marginal small unit isn't going to contribute in that enhanced bounty, only the centralized power is mathematically positioned to extract that "bonus."

Gaming abounds.  With regard to this network drop, though, something happened somewhere, I don't think there's any question, and that goes right to the point you made.

To me the writing is already on the wall I am sorry to say - this is a fatal flaw with Bitcoins and will come to fruition.

All anyone would has to do is take down a couple of the big players and that's it - everything will grind to a halt. Happens continuously with the alt currencies.

I wonder if the technical solution is to set the difficulty based on the previous 1,600 or so blocks at the time the mining is performed. 

Yes I can Five Hundred Gigahashes. Not really sure what point you are making.

How is the mining going at BTCMine? Enjoying your 10 day stint for 0.1 bitcoins?
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Also just checking http://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate there has been a massive drop in hash rate.

Would someone care to explain this?

Approximately half is due to AM.  The rest can be attributed to variance.

http://www.asicminercharts.com/

Thanks for that it does clear things up.

But then what the hell are ASICMiner doing - this is a perfect example of why the network needs to be decentralised.

Is this a new form of attack to squeeze out the smaller players? Increase the difficulty to such a point and then reduce hashrate to dramatically increase the time between difficulty adjustments. Hence making it impossible to pay the costs.

A similar thing was done to Bytecoins and it destroyed it - plus it was shite anyway but the fact still stands.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
FUD everywhere by people who can't do math.

1. these are not batch #1,2 or 3 units.
2. all the openWRT firmware is burnt from a single image in batches,
3. the openWRT is used in more than just production units.
4. all burn-in is 24 or more hours, you all think we seriously only would have 700+ bitcoins if they were mining? LOL
        I can't believe I'm repeating myself by saying we are not mining with batch #2 or #3 units.
5. complains will just lead into refunds, since clearly people are not happy with Avalon ASIC.
        personally I'd love to issue these refunds so these people can go find the next thing to complain about and I can get some peace n quiet.
6. I'm going back to deal with trade-in and damaged orders.

Asked and answered... next problem please.

What does this have to do with math?  FUD doesn't necessarily apply here either, since there is no obvious connection to the OP and any competing company.
1.  People say a lot of things, this isn't necessarily proof, so please stop acting like we are idiots because we don't take your word.  It's failed us plenty.  Proof?
2.  Very reasonable and believable, sometimes when people say things there is logic behind it that makes it easy to believe.
3.  "
4.  Again this is just on your say so.  However people have been wanting to hear this, so I'm sure many will find this comforting.  You might need to put someone on part time media control, just so you can keep up with these types of discussions.  It's very reasonable for people to start questioning when things don't go as planned.
5.  This is horrible business practice and should be stopped by any company that cares to maintain the respect of the consumer base.
6.  Awesome, hope some press releases make it out into a wide enough audience that you don't need to constantly waste your time with us.
Activity: 406
Somebody said that before they ship they will give you a call to confirm your address if you are in China. But till now I received nothing. No inform mail, no tracking# and no phone call.

Maybe is best to file a support ticket with your details  Smiley
I'm not an apologist for BitcoinEdison, but there isn't any way to know if their reduction caused the network drop itself, or if their reduction was in response to other capacity moving offline, leading them to cut back to maintain their [1/6 ... 1/4] of total network hash rate level?

"I'm not an apologist for BitcoinEdison",  Smiley That was a good one.

It just shows though they have far to much influence on something that was supposed to be decentralised. Either way this is not a good omen for Bitcoins if I am honest.

If there was a fire in the Data Centre where they are hosting and all the equipment was destroyed it would have a massive impact on the amount of time transactions take to process.
Also just checking http://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate there has been a massive drop in hash rate.

Approximately half is due to AM.  The rest can be attributed to variance.

But then what the hell are ASICMiner doing - this is a perfect example of why the network needs to be decentralised.

Is this a new form of attack to squeeze out the smaller players? Increase the difficulty to such a point and then reduce hashrate to dramatically increase the time between difficulty adjustments. Hence making it impossible to pay the costs.

A similar thing was done to Bytecoins and it destroyed it - plus it was shite anyway but the fact still stands.
I'm not an apologist for BitcoinEdison, but there isn't any way to know if their reduction caused the network drop itself, or if their reduction was in response to other capacity moving offline, leading them to cut back to maintain their [1/6 ... 1/4] of total network hash rate level?
legendary
Activity: 1176
open a ticket and pick the trouble type as REFUND.

support.avalon-asic.com

This is actually cool.
Activity: 448

I haven't been following the AM threads (as I am not a shareholder).  

Did FriedCat provide an explanation as to why AM cut 1/2 their hash rate since the last difficulty readjust (not that I am complaining!)?
Is it possible that they met insufficient power supply issue because of high temperature in south China?

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

I haven't been following the AM threads (as I am not a shareholder). 

Did FriedCat provide an explanation as to why AM cut 1/2 their hash rate since the last difficulty readjust (not that I am complaining!)?

Somebody said that before they ship they will give you a call to confirm your address if you are in China. But till now I received nothing. No inform mail, no tracking# and no phone call.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Forget the newsletter. I just want to receive my Avalon machine.
I saw someone with 21XX order number already received. But my 13XX order still nothing updated.

Did you follow the instructions on how to open the ticket? Exactly how it was written?
Just wait now, you are in China probably wont get the tracking number

Average block time is heading towards 20 mins at the moment - so whoever was responsible - NICE ONE.Now we are all going to be sitting around longer trying to generate the same revenue. This is a classic lesson in how to shaft everyone in the Bitcoin mining community in one go.
Hate to say that, but that is actually good news for all folks who are waiting for their Avalons to arrive, It means that current difficulty will stay a bit longer, and current asics owners will generate lower income due to lower number of blocks generated.

What about that promised update they have mentioned in newsletter? they promised picture of a ton units ready to be shipped. Can't wait to see them, with little explanation which batch are they.

Buddy what you are talking about their is MARKET MANIPULATION so in that light it is fine to punish everyone that has not bought an Avalon?

So now instead of Bankers and Market traders manipulating the stock market we have someone doing the same with the Bitcoin Difficulty.

This is really going to help the project as a whole?

Guys with these attitudes your Avalons are not going to be worth shit when people decide that this behaviour is reprehensible and stop trading bit coins and move onto the next thing.

It is basically I am OK Jack but F**k the rest of you and the project as a whole.

How do you not see this.
Forget the newsletter. I just want to receive my Avalon machine.
I saw someone with 21XX order number already received. But my 13XX order still nothing updated.
Pages:
Jump to: