Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 19. (Read 3628 times)

Activity: 582
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 07:42:03 PM
if I think the bitcoin is a very valuable asset like asset assets that exist in the real world. only difference if the assets in the real world can be seen there is a form and can be felt. different if bitcoin assets are not in shape but can also feel the impact .
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 07:05:19 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Well, to be fair Satoshi Nakamoto, creator of bitcoin intended bitcoin to be the internet's official currency. However due to certain unfortunate events it had failed to perform the said task. But it had found home in tge investment world and as of now is one of the biggest and most popular investments to date. And is also one of tge most profitable and easy to avail. I'll let you guys decide on what you intend bitcoin to be.
Activity: 658
Merit: 254
For campaign management, please pm me.
February 27, 2018, 07:03:26 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Bitcoin is an asset that acts like a currency. The use of it will be maximize if you will look at it as an asset, tradable and can be sold.
If the value of bitcoin will be stabilize it will lose its essence which is volatility. We are enjoying the ride of pumping and dumping. We are benefiting from it. If stabilizing it wpuld make it a currency then, I'd rather use it for trading and investment.
Activity: 156
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 06:58:48 PM
Bitcoin is an electronic asset but it is possibly  become  like a currency shortly  to meet the day to day life human being because now schools ,hotels and supper markets are accepting bitcoin. Most of every field it is accepting bitcoin means its popularity has improved a lot in the financial market though bitcoin is its infant stage.
Activity: 85
February 27, 2018, 06:39:58 PM
It doesn't matter what people treat Bitcoin as, what academics think, and what needs to happen to be treated in a certain way.
This is the whitepaper:
Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

There's nothing else that needs to be said. This is irrefutable evidence that Bitcoin is a currency.
We don't need NYU's 'dean of valuation' to say that it is, we already know.

Yeps!
We don't anyone to interpret and classify ut for us. How they see it doesn't affect in a very significant manner. They can join in or not, we still go on. As long as supporters are present,bitcoin will not lose value.
There are many insititutions and countries around the globe that sees it differently and accepts it at various levels, how we urilize it is more imporatant
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 27, 2018, 06:38:47 PM
bitcoin is both a currency and an asset , its an asset because it holds value which can eighter increase or decrease , maybe its not a fixed asset but more like a current asset.Its is also a currency because it can be used to transact and pay for goods and services anywhere in the world . this is a simplified explanation though.
I don't like to just keep Bitcoin and call it a Currency. I don't like to call it a currency because it is not officially labeled as one.
Activity: 448
February 27, 2018, 06:35:20 PM
According to my bitcoin is an asset as an investment that will be very useful for now and the future, and now not allowed for bitcoin to Transact payments.
Activity: 350
February 27, 2018, 06:06:14 PM

Yes that is true. As of now that's the main reason why bitcoin couldn't be considered a currency. The price was so unstable that the world will face more problems (given that it is an international currency because being decentralized) using bitcoin as a currency than not using it. For now let's just stick with bitcoin being an asset of investment. It's still profitable.this way and I think this could go onfor a while.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 27, 2018, 04:56:57 PM
Well personally I consider Bitcoin as both investment or asset and a currency depends on how I am going to use it. I use Bitcoin as a currency when I shop online, which i rarely do recently since I am more into investing it now. So now, I do some short and long term investments which I find very awesome since I have gained more than what I am expecting that I can get out of Bitcoin. It has exceeded my expectations when it comes to being a great source of profit or income.
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
February 27, 2018, 04:30:42 PM
bitcoin is both a currency and an asset , its an asset because it holds value which can eighter increase or decrease , maybe its not a fixed asset but more like a current asset.Its is also a currency because it can be used to transact and pay for goods and services anywhere in the world . this is a simplified explanation though.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
February 27, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

i dont care what other people think or treat about bitcoin,but for me this is an asset and currency in one..asset because in time this can bring lots of earning most specially when the price pumps,and currency because anytime i can pay my bills using this and some online transactio
We cannot consider Btcs as an asset for the simple reason that it never belongs to one nation and the basic quality of an asset is that it is bound to one specific inheritance identity.

All we can say is that it is a currency that is being used in a virtual form by millions of people around the world for the sake of earning capital and on the other hand it is also being used as a way to store your amount without using bank accounts or any other customary option.
Well you can be right but I have some different opinion about it as according to me bitcoin can be use as an asset because it is having the ability to be exchanged for goods, bitcoin is the currency as well that we use to buy things so according to me bitcoin is the both the asset and the currency. Some people love and use bitcoin for the payment of every day good and some other people hold bitcoin as an asset, now a lot of merchant accept bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
February 27, 2018, 02:40:02 PM
I think it's highly both an asset and a currency. Apparently it is
very well known for being such a flourishing, substantial and vigorous
currency, it started to grow and gained notable recognition and reputation as
years had gone by. With the price growth it has on the market, Bitcoins are very
good assets. We can also say that bitcoins are more than assets nowadays, they have been
acknowledged as fine lucrative investments. It's a game changer and potentially profitable. A unique
innovation that seems to innovate itself and has so much potential that it will still continue to revolutionize
and influence everything in the modern digital age. Bitcoin is the ingenuity that will propel and enhance our future.
Activity: 89
February 27, 2018, 12:45:54 PM
I would rather treat is a poison which is contaminating the world by its grasp
Activity: 112
February 27, 2018, 10:03:28 AM
Bitcoins are better as assests only. Atleast for me Smiley
The best i like about bitcoin is that it could be used in any way you want. If you want to do transactions, you can do that simply by pressing some buttons. If you want to make some jaw-dropping amount of wealth, that is also possible simply by keeping it in wallets.
Activity: 11
February 27, 2018, 08:12:37 AM
The beauty of Bitcoin is it play role of as an asset and currency.An asset can be a resource which easily convertible in liquidity is known as current asset so Bitcoin have same characteristics.
Bitcoin as a currency acceptable overall the globe and also restore value as well.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
February 27, 2018, 08:03:52 AM

i dont care what other people think or treat about bitcoin,but for me this is an asset and currency in one..asset because in time this can bring lots of earning most specially when the price pumps,and currency because anytime i can pay my bills using this and some online transactio
We cannot consider Btcs as an asset for the simple reason that it never belongs to one nation and the basic quality of an asset is that it is bound to one specific inheritance identity.

All we can say is that it is a currency that is being used in a virtual form by millions of people around the world for the sake of earning capital and on the other hand it is also being used as a way to store your amount without using bank accounts or any other customary option.
Activity: 17
February 26, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
There is difference between national currency, that based on resources of the state, and crypto-currency that based on amount of people and institutions that use it. A lot of people still want to see crypto-currency as currency that based on something objective things.
Activity: 29
February 26, 2018, 05:25:33 PM
Bitcoins are better as assests only. Atleast for me Smiley
Activity: 420
February 25, 2018, 04:35:08 AM

Bitcoin is an asset and use as a payment method to some online shops but it can be an currency because we use it our money now. In some country bitcoin is legal currency and can be use to buy goods and other things. You can pay bitcoin in some stablishment like malls, hotels and etc.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 04:31:26 AM

It will depend on how people treat bitcoin. But for me bitcoin can be an asset, because someone is owning it if he/she invest in it and the bitcoin can be convertible to cash, you can also earn from the bitcoin. For me it is not currency because the value of the bitcoin is not stable. BTC is also an asset if you invest for the long-term. For my understanding and for all I know BTC is an asset not currency.
Pages:
Jump to: