Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 3. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 09:12:47 PM
No! Why it is gonna dead who will do it. I think nothing because they don't see how bitcoin work in their life yet. But I think if gorvernment will acknowledge bitcoin and make it legalized many people will be encourage to use some knowledge of bitcoin to their life. And I think here in my country many people are using bitcoin in some establishment are also accepting bitcoin, that's why it not dead.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
April 10, 2018, 08:26:50 PM
I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?

i seriously disagree. BITCOIN IS NOT DEAD. i seriously consider investion on bitcoin other than anything. bitcoin is the future. bitcoin will be next to diamonds, it’s forever.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
April 10, 2018, 08:10:48 PM
No, Bitcoin is still on recovery mode and it is on sale to buy and hodl and have a great profit. Many people want this price dump to buy more bitcoin and sale on top.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
April 10, 2018, 07:43:05 PM
I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Unfortunately, there are some truth in your opinion, however, I couldn't agree that bitcoin is dead. The price between $5,000 and $6,000 doesn't mean "fall" for me. I remember the latter of 2017 before the price surged to it's ATH, bitcoin is just around the same price as today. Granting that the graph/charts shows a descending trend, it doesn't necessarily mean that bitcoin is dying. You should keep in mind that the previous ATH was influenced by media, ads, and etc, which made the noobs and wolves buy bitcoins without knowing it's core purpose - they just want to make money out of thin air, and that's it for them. Those same people are the ones who have sold their bitcoins recently and unfortunately, the big money makers are buying it cheap. Just wait until these money makers satisfy their greed, and bitcoin will soar once again. Weak hands wouldn't believe, of course.
Activity: 378
April 10, 2018, 05:49:21 PM
I think it is.

Bitcoins will never die because of the people who are keep on investing in the market and because of that we can assure that the price of bitcoins will grow even more in the future since there are a lot of people already who spend a huge amount of their capital in order to earn cryptocurrency they are interested in the market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
April 10, 2018, 05:44:48 PM
it's not dead, simply its growth has stalled
I'm just wondering who wrote this topic? Such a seal of laziness And that he never had anything to do with crypto currency. But if he really worries about the fate of the bitcoin and he has a few to me who is looking at the current situation of the market, He should have written this topic to me, and smear with a green forehead.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 10, 2018, 04:09:41 PM
bitcoin will never be dead. As long we're using and accept in any acceptable transactions and bitcoin will never disappear. Many developer or investor patronizing bitcoin as the value increases and many people would have more interest about it.
Activity: 154
April 10, 2018, 04:06:11 PM
I can not say that bitcoin is dead, but I am not so enthusiastic about its immediate future, since it seems to be at a critical moment where large investors are discovering that the alleged alternative digital money project has stopped functioning as such, and at the same time new altcoins are emerging that promise to overcome the limitations of bitcoin. At least for the moment the bitcoin seems to keep walking, but with enough difficulties and supported by crutches.
Activity: 85
Merit: 2
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
April 10, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
No, I don't believe we are in front of the end of bitcoin, and not because I've just bought my first bitcoins a few months ago!  Grin

I think now we're in a period of calm, after which it will begin another big bull run both in term of price than in term of mass adoption of cryptocurrencies... we should remain optimistic.
Activity: 329
The Exchange for EOS Community
April 10, 2018, 12:06:53 PM
losses in investments and bitcoin trades I think is natural, even though I'm losing money, I do not assume that bitcoin dies, because I'm sure the bitcoin price will come back.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
April 10, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
No, bitcoin is not dead yet and there is always a chance for immediate recovery, prices going up and down are common, I never panicked despite the price drop when I bought it when the price was over $ 13500.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
April 10, 2018, 11:26:22 AM
If Bitcoin is dead you won't be on this forum again, you must have  been asking in another altcoin platform or will not even have anyone to ask. What will we be waiting for here. We know Bitcoin is under serious dump but yet, it has not totally fallen. We all hope to see it rise soon. Bitcoin is still breathing Grin
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
April 10, 2018, 11:07:28 AM
I do not think the bitcoin is dead. After the December explosion, a chore was inevitable. Now there will be a period of stagnation, and then everything will start to rise again.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
April 10, 2018, 11:07:21 AM
Nope bitcoin is not dead, even though the price was decrease, but im sure it will pump again by this mid year, just look at the history of bitcoin back 2015 if am not mistaken the price of bitcoin in that year was crash to 75%. Then slowly pumping until they reach another ATH.
Yes, as long as bitcoin still has value then this is not dead yet, this is a momentary panic of the users and soon they will buy bitcoin at a higher price than now, I am sure that patiently waiting we will get big profit.
Activity: 6
April 10, 2018, 11:03:04 AM
Whenever the price of the bitcoin goes down, there is always someone ready to celebrate the funeral. it has happened other times, and every time the bitcoin has come up with new vices. It will happen again.
Activity: 110
April 10, 2018, 10:54:24 AM
Even though these days the bitcoin price keeps going down and now about $ 13,000 but I'm sure bitcoin is not dead yet it gives us the opportunity to earn big profits because we can buy cheaply and another month the price will skyrocket
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
April 10, 2018, 10:41:48 AM
I think not like that. Did not Bitcoin have fallen several times!?. Since its publication in 2009, Bitcoin has experienced massive cyber attacks, scam activities, and falling prices. Once in 2011 the price of 1 BTC up to 31.91 USD, then dropped to below 2 USD. But, later, in the years that followed bitcoin experienced a tremendous increase.
Activity: 406
April 10, 2018, 10:29:18 AM
There are more years for bitcoin to stay here in crypto currency world because bitcoin is the foundation of all alt coins you see in the market right now. Maybe 10 or more years another coin who have lot of potentials and advantage than bitcoin will shine in the market, but right now I don't see any coin that can surpass bitcoin even ethereum or bitcoin cash. And also there are more people who still support bitcoin even it faces a lot of problems right now because they know that bitcoin will survive these problems and rise again in near future and we the people who hold will be the beneficiaries of it.
Activity: 38
April 10, 2018, 10:23:13 AM
I think Bitcoin is affected in globalisation that we face today, and I think this usual scenario in every business like this. It will fluctuate for some reason or some cases maybe the trend of media but I think it is normal thing in this kind of world we belong. I believe soon that Bitcoin arise and it will continue their legacy In trading system.
Activity: 485
Merit: 105
April 10, 2018, 09:54:59 AM
Nope bitcoin is not dead, even though the price was decrease, but im sure it will pump again by this mid year, just look at the history of bitcoin back 2015 if am not mistaken the price of bitcoin in that year was crash to 75%. Then slowly pumping until they reach another ATH.
Pages:
Jump to: