Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin fair for those who buy for the first time now? - page 4. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 0
As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.
It would never be fair in the old generation they adopt currency in early stage and besides even if you join i later period you are lucky because you know bitcoin while the price is not too high, don't look on how much you buy the coin look on the development of the project if it is good to buy or not, then if i'm not mistaken you'll find on where you can invest, just make a research on a project before you go through an investment.

That is exactly right not to look of the price when you  bought the coin instead look  on the developement of a project.  If you keep thingking of the value when bought it then when you compare the price 5 years ,you only feel dissappoinment and you will loss focus of your goals.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
if you buy the bitcoin at this time and hold it until the price goes up then you can get a lot of profits you need to do just wait until the price becomes very expensive. just be patient the price can definitely be very expensive again someday.
Activity: 280
I think in the current market price of bitcoin, it is still fair for the first timer to but btc at this current price as I believe btc can still efficiently improve it's market growth in the coming years. I would suggest somehow to every first timer to consider long term investment if they wanted to invest in bitcoin. However, prior to do so, they must have to educate and familiarize themselves about bitcoin so as to gain sufficient knowledge about the market trends and movement.
Activity: 714
This current market price is in favor of those who are new comers who just joined and will join Bitcoin investment because the price is much cheaper to purchase than before. So if i where these people i will buy much cheaper Bitcoin today and who knows the long awaited bullish market run is now just around the corner in which it will become an opportunity to earn huge.
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
The reason that people who invested on Bitcoin early on has an advantage is mainly because they actually gambled their money on something they're not sure will go big ib the future. The advamtage they gained is mainly the rewards they have for the uncertainty of their investments before. The same thing coyld be said about the stock markets.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.

I agree completely with the quote. The price of bitcoin should not be an issue if you will invest. Whatever the price it will always be fair from the time you invest. That’s the risk of investing in bitcoin. If you are having problem with bitcoin price then ICO may be the best for you. To answer the question about the best time for the first time in bitcoin. Whatever time or anytime you invest, it is the best time. Just be wise on how you invest.

Yes, I do strongly agree with this one as well, the price is always fair even if the price crashes or it skyrockets it shouldn't be an issue within investing, but what if these first time buyers of BTC has limited and tight budget around them, then they should really observe the price, because they cannot invest without BTC, and therefore if you are looking forward to buy some Bitcoin/s then you should really take a look at the price and it may get you more if the price is down.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.

I agree completely with the quote. The price of bitcoin should not be an issue if you will invest. Whatever the price it will always be fair from the time you invest. That’s the risk of investing in bitcoin. If you are having problem with bitcoin price then ICO may be the best for you. To answer the question about the best time for the first time in bitcoin. Whatever time or anytime you invest, it is the best time. Just be wise on how you invest.
Activity: 31
As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.

In my opinion, that is not unfair for old people those who do not have even information about them. Because, after the Soviet Union demolished in the past, there were so many people who used advantages of it, and obviously many of us did not live in those time of period, so what should we do? Do we need to use time travel for going past? Cheesy Technology is consumed efficiently only with people who are capable of new developments. Whoever does not have enough information in time, thats their problem, you should not worry about them, if you can just inform and advice them.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
if your speaking as an economist i think you will not asking some question like that
if your talking about fair or not, you know how the market cap like any big company right now
but when they started and still little how much people buy their share
i know bitcoin is don't have any fundamental asset but bitcoin price is like a finishing product that doesn't producing more new supply so it still risiing if demand are high
and that fair for thoese who buy for the first time because they have a chance and look the oppurtunity in it
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
I told a friend about bitcoin and he bought in January when it was around  $14,650 and until now he is still holding. I also told another friend early this month that bitcoin is recovering and he can join the train by buying now and he embark on that and bought around  $10760 but now he is complaining that he has loose money. I encourage them that if the can hold bitcoin is going to grow again and if the sell now they will loose they investment.
You need to be very careful when recommending bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to your friends or family, you basically gave them financial advice telling them to buy and now they are losing money, who do you think they are going to blame for it? They're going to blame you for their losses especially if they really did not knew anything about the market of cryptocurrencies and the risk inherent to this market, so whenever you are recommending bitcoin as a good investment tell them to make a very deep research about it before making any kind of investment and ask you questions about it so they do not have any kind of doubts before investing.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Times are hard for bitcoin holders now because of the.pricing situation. However, it is a bit of a disadvantage for those who were just starting to invest on bitcoin. I would not recommend ICO's for now because of current market. It is a huge risk as of the moment. Investors should focus on buying bitcoin for now.
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
There is always opportunity for new comer to make profits in cryptocurrency. In cryptocurrency world, price always leave on market floor, and its depending on supply and demand. I think its fair if people who first buying bitcoin get market price
Activity: 322
As for fairness you say , when you are first time to buy bitcoin now and the price is high , then you do not buy, so what time will you wait in buying so you make your own unfair ,waiting for price to go low , then you hsve not started , first time to buy now , buy immediately  and you can trade your coin in future with a little gain at least you started your investment in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I did not think it is true, of course, if people join the network 5 years ago and they can be millions by now but even now we are well aware of the peak price of Bitcoin and those were joining Bitcoin right now there late but if they can hold their investments they can really earn some profit from it. Trading is never too hard for someone it's just one should know when to wait and when to invest their money and even does mistake for the first time but a trading you have a very good chance for recovering your losses. Show all the newbies can keep trying for the best because hard work is going to get the money they want.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
PISTI
Indeed, bitcoin is programmed to operate independently. Bitcoin does not distinguish new or old investors. Anyone can be successful at first joining bitcoin. They can earn high profits when bitcoin prices reach the top. I think this is an advantage of bitcoin.
Also keep in mind that bitcoin is very very volatile you might loss everything in just one snap so make sure you invest wisely.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

What do you think?
Thank you.
This is probably one of the biggest issues of bitcoin these days, and that is scaling, in the past every time bitcoin got up in price it gave an opportunity for people to join in and get profit if they want to at a point where buying bitcoin to the average person became a really hard thing to do because of the price, so people started looking for other cheaper alternative which they found in ICOs, not only that but last between the tow last months the bitcoin network was a mess transaction were stuck for days miner fees reaching ridiculous prices, all of that because of the high flow of traffic and people that got into it, but hopefully with the lightning network things will get much better as it will solve this whole process by letting bitcoin be implemented in the instant micro transaction payment.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
I don't believe that bitcoin limits anyone from investing. Some of the early adopters were lucky while some felt it to have great potential in the future and they decided to invest.
Activity: 575
Merit: 250
Indeed, bitcoin is programmed to operate independently. Bitcoin does not distinguish new or old investors. Anyone can be successful at first joining bitcoin. They can earn high profits when bitcoin prices reach the top. I think this is an advantage of bitcoin.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507

What do you think?
Thank you.
Well to start with,i read an interesting statistic saying that of all icos in history 81% are scams, 8% have managed to get their coins listed on an exchange and the rest disappeared after sometime. I am not sure where exactly I read it, but i did read it. Comparing the statistic with bitcoin, bitcoin's dev aka Satoshi has never scammed anyone.
If you really worry about economies and their issues, bitcoin isn't the problem. Get them food first worry about bitcoin later.
For people who are not familiar with bitcoin, it would be much better if they stick to stocks cause they don't have to worry much when compared to the complications crypto has.
I am a big fan of new technologies but with so many scams going around, you really don't know what's scam and what's legit. Because nor every scam nowadays is too good to be true. They seem legit until....
Activity: 255
These guys are multimillionaires as we talk,they actually take the right step by investing on bitcoin,but today people are still afraid of investing on cryptocurrecy it may be the right time to also take the advantage
The fairest investment is the bitcoin right now for them as they actually know what they are investing and what will be the output so they are not afraid of the price rise and fall, bitcoin is being invested by thousands of people in my society and most of them are millionaires. If you will buy bitcoin at very high price it will decrease the profit, so try to buy bitcoin when you see market is a bit down and you can get bitcoin at fair price, so right now bitcoin is not very high in price you can invest it is perfect and fair price after all,.
Pages:
Jump to: