Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin fair for those who buy for the first time now? - page 5. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Right now the price of Bitcoin is pretty much on the low right now and it is in favor for those beginners who is just thinking about buying Bitcoin

but who knows is this price low enough to buy bitcoin or it will fall further? may be we will see $5000 for bitcoin or even lower.
I think that the most profitable acquisition of Bitcoin was back in 2009. To date, these people have already collected a fairly large fortune. Therefore Whatever the price for Bitcoin is for today, it is still quite large for us.
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
I told a friend about bitcoin and he bought in January when it was around  $14,650 and until now he is still holding. I also told another friend early this month that bitcoin is recovering and he can join the train by buying now and he embark on that and bought around  $10760 but now he is complaining that he has loose money. I encourage them that if the can hold bitcoin is going to grow again and if the sell now they will loose they investment.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
Right now the price of Bitcoin is pretty much on the low right now and it is in favor for those beginners who is just thinking about buying Bitcoin

but who knows is this price low enough to buy bitcoin or it will fall further? may be we will see $5000 for bitcoin or even lower.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
Right now the price of Bitcoin is pretty much on the low right now and it is in favor for those beginners who is just thinking about buying Bitcoin because this is the right time to buy because of the enormous price drop that just happened there's a high potential for you to get that profit since Bitcoin went down so deep you can assure that it will get back on its track very soon and might get that little profit then play safe again and sell when you gained your little profit.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
These guys are multimillionaires as we talk,they actually take the right step by investing on bitcoin,but today people are still afraid of investing on cryptocurrecy it may be the right time to also take the advantage
Nobody is will force us to buy bitcoin so it's fair to everyone that it's their choice to buy bitcoin wether it in high or cheap price as due to volatility the price may go in any direction. It's our choice to enter crypto or not.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.
I fully support you. The mistake of many people is that they forget that bitcoin is a currency. They dream about what buying 1 bitcoin, they can't work until retirement and always to earn an income due to the growth of prices on the bitcoin and attract new users. I see this as an attempt to turn bitcoin into a pyramid.

Bitcoin will never reach the vision of becoming an adopted currency until people can get over this idea that bitcoin is designed to make them rich. It was not the intention, if it's a by product of people who support and use bitcoin then great but it should never be the focus.
Activity: 266
These guys are multimillionaires as we talk,they actually take the right step by investing on bitcoin,but today people are still afraid of investing on cryptocurrecy it may be the right time to also take the advantage
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1571
'Bitcoins are like gold bars with wings' - T.W.
I entered Jan 15. Bought first BTC at 13.500. Current total loss is less than 10%, last month made profit. We have only ourselves to blame.

Learn, adapt, like what you're doing. If you don't like it, don't understand it or don't want to learn, entering a market this volatile is really a gamble.

Hell, it's a gamble even if you do everything right. Grin

TBH, i love it that I entered during this period. Learned a lot just to keep my head above the water.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.

Yes, I agree that it is not fair for those freshers and beginner who have recently entered the crypto market and I am pretty much sure that they might not be knowing about the power of Bitcoin moves and other crypto coin movements where wonders are used to happen every month. As a trader i would like to add that it is not their fault in entering in this market too late, market dynamics used to change when there is huge participation goes on increasing and when there is a shift in nature of total demand and supply, which can be seen truly in the current market. ICO's are really a good alternative option for investment purposes.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
Now might be an amazing time to buy. Nobody knows what's going to happen. We could go lower for a few months and then those people are going to be on a massive profit coaster up if the market improves where it dropped back in January. There's just no way to know. If you go on reddit, it just bounces between "the market is dead!! It's a scam!" and "MOON!!!". It'd be pretty cool to come back to this thread next March and weigh in on it.
Yes price will not stay low for long time as it use to rise and fall. Bitcoin price is not remain common at the same time, I know market use to change with investment, if today you will invest in bitcoin then tomorrow you will see the massive progress of bitcoin, yeah if bitcoin price is increasing gradually so get to the bitcoin and hold it for long time, today price is not very high so very easy to buy holding is all the time profit, don’t lose your patience and buy to hold for long time.
It seems to me that it is too early to buy bitcoin. A lot of millionaires bought their bitcoins at the price of 1500-2000$. Selling your bitcoins now they keep 300% of the profits. No one can guarantee that they will not keep their bitcoins further. We can see even more price drops. Long-term storage of bitcoin used to be risky now it's getting dangerous.
Activity: 121
Merit: 13
I believe I saw the post quite similar to this one a few months ago. Well it's not like there's only one coin, they can start with the small one and when they, hopefully eventually, get some profit then they can invest that into btc. Also, no one says that you have to buy whole BTC coin, you can go for decimals as well.

I think that by now everyone is acquainted with the Bitcoin and its usage. Noone is guilty of the knowledge of the certain individuals. People which had invested in BTC when it was on its very start made actually a very smart decision back then. Right now current investors are striving towards the same financial profit that the holders of the Bitcoin from back then have made today. It is not possible because maket is changing. BTC cannot bring so big profit income to the current buyers because the number is decreasing and the price is climbing and it cannot go so high anymore. There are other opportunities for the investors that are being presented in the forms of the ICO projects. These projects are similar to the Bitcoin breakthrough in 2010. Individuals should not greed and be jealous on the holders of the Bitcoins which have recognized the opportunity on time, instead they should think properly and invest in other projects that have even better perspective than the Bitcoin in a long term. Each individual is tailoring his/her own destiny and it is up to them to take the right opportunities and not to look back. There will be more opportunities even if most of them are revealed as a scam. It is up to us to recognize these opportunities and to grab them. We cannot long for the past and to the time when we had the opportunity to grab Bitcoin. A market is fair and for those who don't have enough of the financial assets to invest into the Bitcoin right now - Invest into other projects and coins. Bitcoin isn't the only coin today on the market!
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1571
'Bitcoins are like gold bars with wings' - T.W.
Right now? I would say yes. I would say long-term it was fair even for those that bought at 19k and didn't panic-sell.
Activity: 448
Now might be an amazing time to buy. Nobody knows what's going to happen. We could go lower for a few months and then those people are going to be on a massive profit coaster up if the market improves where it dropped back in January. There's just no way to know. If you go on reddit, it just bounces between "the market is dead!! It's a scam!" and "MOON!!!". It'd be pretty cool to come back to this thread next March and weigh in on it.
Yes price will not stay low for long time as it use to rise and fall. Bitcoin price is not remain common at the same time, I know market use to change with investment, if today you will invest in bitcoin then tomorrow you will see the massive progress of bitcoin, yeah if bitcoin price is increasing gradually so get to the bitcoin and hold it for long time, today price is not very high so very easy to buy holding is all the time profit, don’t lose your patience and buy to hold for long time.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Bitcoin's potential is something we can't even remotely imagine right now. Some trolls here made fun of people having bought their coins at +$1000 levels back in 2013, and kept repeating it all the way to the bottom in 2015.

Look at where we stand right now. It's obviously not smart to buy your coins during a serious rally, especially if it isn't based on something highlighting Bitcoin's fundamental progress, but these people did and can't go back.

Some sell their coins and cut their losses, where others accept that it wasn't a great investment in current time frame, but keep hodling because they understand the potential of Bitcoin, and are willing to wait for it.

Current situation isn't any different. People bought at peak levels, and are now facing the same difficulties. One person adjusts to the new situation, and the other just steps out. No one is being forced to stay.
Activity: 244
Merit: 101
Well I think that it is just fair. Bitcoin is not some kind of lottery. To the first ones who got engaged with, we may say that they were lucky to find bitcoin early. But if we think pf bitcoin's true purpose, which is to provide a decentralized currency with faster transactions in a digital way, the it is fair enough. If we think like this, bitcoin's value would not be an issue here, for me the value does not make any sense at all.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
I think it's very fair, in this life who is fast is the lucky one,
who just joined at this time is not believe in Bitcoin ago,
they start playing Bitcoin when hearing the price is high,
whether the profit generated by new players will be equal to that long ago, definitely not.
In fact they have already missed so many opportunity in past, therefore i think that it will be too good for them to trade bitcoin right now. The beauty of bitcoin is that bitcoin is that  is one of the most safe investment in current time and if they will invest money in bitcoin hope that they will not lose money here but will surely give them a very good profit in near future, therefore i think that newbie should start from bitcoin investment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I think it's very fair, in this life who is fast is the lucky one,
who just joined at this time is not believe in Bitcoin ago,
they start playing Bitcoin when hearing the price is high,
whether the profit generated by new players will be equal to that long ago, definitely not.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Isn't the 'market price' of a certain commodity/asset is already a fair price in Economics, especially if it is dictated by supply and demand? So in this case, bitcoin's price is already fair, knowing that the price is just the manifestation of the overall supply and demand in the whole market. As for this people who don't want to buy in because they don't agree to the price, or think that it's too much for them, they always have the liberty to take their money elsewhere, and that's the beauty of a free market.

For the scaling concerns, the LN is the most recent take on the said problem. We can't count on it heavily yet until the final phases are done and could be tested in real-world scenarios. Scaling would always be a problem as more and more people would flock in and use bitcoin in the coming years--hopefully.

Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

If this is the 'better' option, then why most of the money in the cryptospace are stocked in bitcoin? People who are investing in ICOs are those who are either involved in previous projects that turn out successful and are in search of a new gold mine. But for most newcomers, they'd just stick to what is already 'proven' in their books, so in this case they'd be buying into bitcoin. Many ICOs don't stand out and just die within a couple of weeks. Why risk it there if you are completely clueless on whether or not the project is good?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.
It would never be fair in the old generation they adopt currency in early stage and besides even if you join i later period you are lucky because you know bitcoin while the price is not too high, don't look on how much you buy the coin look on the development of the project if it is good to buy or not, then if i'm not mistaken you'll find on where you can invest, just make a research on a project before you go through an investment.

I would argue that for the people who hopped on the bitcoin train early, there was a little bit more than just luck to do with it. Maybe they took the time and found applicable uses for blockchain technology / bitcoin in the future and wanted to support that idea. If they were making an educated investment, it's more than understandable why they would have put so much money in early. Of course, research is, as you stated, the number one way to making more money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30

What do you think?
Thank you.
as an economist you should look in all aspect of every topic you wanna engaged for fairness of it all,but it seems like ALL ISSUES YOUR TRYING TO TACKLE IS NEGATIVITY OF THIS COMMUNITY SPECIALLY BITCOIN,are you really an economist?or another one that wanted to create panic?why it seems that you never mentioned even a single positive things in regards cryptocurrency,if you are really concern about the what you called "first time buyer"you must show concern too in those old time buyers.
Pages:
Jump to: