Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin fair for those who buy for the first time now? - page 7. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 261
Nooo, thats very misleading I guess. Even people who got involved in the bitcoin in year 2009 are not holding the bitcoin because I am pretty sure most of them sold it in the early days and most of them sold it when bitcoin reached 1K in value which was blessings for them. So there is no much difference between those who got involved in early stages and those who are getting involved today. Its all about those who hold and its all about those who sell at different time points.

There is no in leaving the crypto and holding the fiat, that one got my attention. There is always chance in the crypto currency and who said that it is not going to rise in the value or use in the future? It was unknown when it was launched in 2009 and it is unknown today as well, but it did grew after 2009, right? So lets just jump in and let others come out of the fiat world.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
To start with, is it even fair to us here that you chose to ask this  question knowing well that we are handicapped in knowledge concerning Adams Smith and the rest of Karl Max?

Honestly, I dont know why noobs are allowed to open up threads. Theymos should look into this honestly because most of these threads are repetitive and most often turn redundant and consequently insignificant (I am just being optimistic that it isn't all. Though facts on ground suggest otherwise.) What does the OP mean by fair for anyone buying at this massive Bitcoin dip of $7,000+ where as certain people bought at its ATH of $19,000+

However, a reminder with this cliche could snap you back to reality, Life is not fair itself, let alone business.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.
Nothing is ever fair and bitcoin is not an exception to this, what you are saying is just true for any technology out there, those that invested earlier get the most profits so I cannot see why this is right in everything else but somehow it's wrong when it comes to bitcoin, anyone is free to join bitcoin and buy it right now if they don't do it that is their choice and they will have to face consequences of those choices, then you state that for those that come late it will be better to keep their fiat but if bitcoin really becomes as successful as some people think they will have no option, this is similar to what happened to those that used Windows XP they resisted for years to not upgrade but eventually they will have to do it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Now might be an amazing time to buy. Nobody knows what's going to happen. We could go lower for a few months and then those people are going to be on a massive profit coaster up if the market improves where it dropped back in January. There's just no way to know. If you go on reddit, it just bounces between "the market is dead!! It's a scam!" and "MOON!!!". It'd be pretty cool to come back to this thread next March and weigh in on it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.
I fully support you. The mistake of many people is that they forget that bitcoin is a currency. They dream about what buying 1 bitcoin, they can't work until retirement and always to earn an income due to the growth of prices on the bitcoin and attract new users. I see this as an attempt to turn bitcoin into a pyramid.
Activity: 326
Merit: 104
Santa Coin
In my opinion, early-adopters of Bitcoin should be rewarded. Most of them became rich because they were interested in Bitcoin back in 2009 or 2010. Without them, probably hardly anyone would buy Bitcoin. Process of switching completely over to cryptocurrencies is going to take years.
Building on that, nobody would even know what Bitcoin was if it wasn't for the fringe anarchists of the world. I myself only found out about in 2015 and I worked in a rather shady industry myself before.

It isn't unfair for the older generation, they had the chance to adopt it just as much as everyone else did and besides if they are older they need not risk their money in such a fashion.

Scaling is and will always be in an issue, people seem to think scaling will end someday but it won't. Somebody will always be looking to do more things on the network and as long as we improve it (BIPs) we good.

Sure if you wanna purely gamble hop into an ICO. And to not hop in a good ICO because of potential future good ICOs is a bizarre scenario to paint, I mean why invest in anything at this point then?

I am sorry do we not live in the 21st century with smart computers in our pocket, that talk to space and transmit information everywhere? Could have sworn we lived in that world Roll Eyes. People have access to information!

My 2 sats on the matter.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
In my opinion, early-adopters of Bitcoin should be rewarded. Most of them became rich because they were interested in Bitcoin back in 2009 or 2010. Without them, probably hardly anyone would buy Bitcoin. Process of switching completely over to cryptocurrencies is going to take years.

ICOs are very risky investment, especially right now. There have been a lot of scam projects which were advertising themselves as successor of Bitcoin because of their speed, security and other features. Lightning Network should solve scalability problem for a few years, we will have to think about increasing the blocksize if opening and closing LN channels will take too long.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.
It would never be fair in the old generation they adopt currency in early stage and besides even if you join i later period you are lucky because you know bitcoin while the price is not too high, don't look on how much you buy the coin look on the development of the project if it is good to buy or not, then if i'm not mistaken you'll find on where you can invest, just make a research on a project before you go through an investment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.
Activity: 2
Merit: 2

What do you think?
Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: