Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset? - page 10. (Read 4206 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 07, 2017, 02:39:13 PM
Bitcoin is a crypto currency that can be made anything we want. I think it's incredible bitcoin like a crypto technology system that has become a complete package that has extraordinary prowess. if you say that people prefer to save other than spend it is totally wrong. now many people are making bitcoin as a livelihood to meet the needs of its economy. so on this basis I can say that of course many people who do sale and purchase transactions using bitcoin. in addition there are still many people who make bitcoin as a long-term investment assets. because of course bitcoin has a very high value so I think bitcoin has become one package where one can use bitcoin as a transaction tool like fiat in general. can also be saved as an asset in the future.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
September 07, 2017, 11:56:05 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

I believe it's both ( a cryptocurrency and an asset also).
 Reason, is because, now almost ever business and country are now accepting it and storing it also can make you a lot in the coming future.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 07, 2017, 11:52:33 AM
I think when BTC goes mainstream then it would officially be considered as a currency, else Bitcoin will probably stay as an asset (defined by Forbes as well) when most people are still speculating the potential or investing in the coin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 07, 2017, 11:50:08 AM
Bitcoin can function admirably as an asset. Likewise, it can be put away safely and economically. In addition, cool wallets are the most ideal approach to store your Bitcoin securely. Bitcoin is likewise effortlessly traded in different exchanges like the Coinbase.

As a store of huge worth, Bitcoin is significantly more fundamental and secure than other certifiable assets. For example, the land is a store of huge worth, yet all property requires support and dealing with to make the return. For sure, even empty land requires some progressing costs, with property taxes and lawful prerequisites.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
September 07, 2017, 11:25:21 AM
Both anyway. But presently it is more of an asset than a currency. Most people now see bitcoin as more of a store of value and would prefer holding it for a long time than spending. However, that does not stop anyone who wants to spend from doing so.
Activity: 396
September 07, 2017, 11:23:28 AM
Why do you think btc must be a currency that can not be an asset? A concrete example of this. The dollar is the strongest currency in the world's monetary system and the main trading tool in monetary issues. But treating dollar as an asset is a very normal thing, such reserves do not have any affect whatsoever. btc too, there are many ways to make btc more popular and stocking btc or treating btc as an asset does not have any affect on that.
Activity: 244
September 07, 2017, 11:02:28 AM
I don't know how to treat Bitcoin another people.But i personally treat Bitcoin is a asset because i hold BTC for long time and i think at future its safe or secure my life.I always depand BTC.
Activity: 322
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
September 07, 2017, 10:41:36 AM
Bitcoin isn't much of a currency (yet), because very few people use it to buy stuff.

It's mainly a store of value and competes mainly against gold.
Activity: 357
September 07, 2017, 10:24:02 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
This is fact That bitcoins are both a currency and an asset ,
But it also varies from person to person.
People who buy bitcoins and store it safe in wallets use bitcons as an asset that would give them benefit in future
People who earn bitcoins or buy them from somewhere can also use it like a currency to buy stuffs like games on steam or ingame purchases like skins and all.
So we can see that people can use it like an asset and a currency too.
Activity: 132
September 07, 2017, 04:05:11 AM
I love bitcoin I mine it and buy it to save but it is pretty useless as a currency. I keep a couple hundred bucks in a blockchain wallet on my phone thinking I will find somewhere to spend it. I look everywhere I go and have found no one that accepts it. I have only used bitcoin to buy things twice and both were online once for a trezor at cryptohardware and the other at newegg.

It would be awesome if I could spend it anywhere but very few places to do so.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
September 07, 2017, 03:50:58 AM
it is a Currency because you can earn it   save it and use it  to sell any thing like clothes food ..............

what make it famous is global and security
Activity: 840
Merit: 659
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
September 07, 2017, 03:09:45 AM
Read this article this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/bra-tycoon-michelle-mone-selling-192m-dubai-apartments-bitcoin/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

That is a large sale via bitcoin. Good publicity for btc. Perhaps other altcoins will follow soon.

Sure, it's gonna be a real huge thing ! This is one of the last points that must be allowed. Purchase of physical properties in all countries.

So, with the various regulations, with the legalization of the Bitcoin in different countries, things accelerate for BTC. The US economic situation is not exceptional far from it, and if the second hurricane hits. They will lose a lot.
Activity: 35
September 07, 2017, 02:25:56 AM
I'm on the side that it is both. It's a currency since you can buy things with it, but an asset as well in that people hold on to it for long periods of time. Even though I say it's an "asset," eventually those people will either die holding on to it or cash out.
Activity: 451
September 07, 2017, 02:25:11 AM
Read this article this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/bra-tycoon-michelle-mone-selling-192m-dubai-apartments-bitcoin/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

That is a large sale via bitcoin. Good publicity for btc. Perhaps other altcoins will follow soon.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
September 07, 2017, 02:23:35 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin is a crypto currency, but when viewed from rising prices, most of them use bitcoin as an asset, I personally make bitcoin as an asset, I rarely use it to buy something with bitcoin, I prefer to keep it, and most people make bitcoin as an investment place because it can be a lucrative opportunity, the growth and bitcoin values ​​are very good maybe that's what makes them make bitcoin assets.
i agre with your opinion mate bitcoin have potential to growth in the world of crypto currencies, i keep also bitcoin for my investment for the future asset using the bitcoin as decenratralised currency many people around here in the forum save the bitcoin because bitcoin save and safety investment using the privatekeys.
Activity: 116
September 07, 2017, 02:14:19 AM

I think there are some terms of money, be it the fiat money and digital currency
1. Generally accepted
2. Has a stable value
3. easy to carry anywhere
4. Durable
5. The amount is limited and not easily falsified
6. Easy to share without reducing the value

I think bitcoin already has most of the terms above the above terms and is worthy of say as currency. although the price of bitcoin always fluctuates.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
https://fansunite.io
September 07, 2017, 01:59:03 AM
I think that it is both - like has been said in this thread.

A more relevant question might be - which one is it more of? Is it more of an asset or more of a currency?

It definitely seems like it is more of an asset at this time, since people buy it with the thought that it could appreciate in value as they hold it for a certain duration. But there are also ^purchases that go on with it so it definitely has currency-like qualities there.

I hope that it gets used more as each - more and more acceptance over the long term
Activity: 6
September 06, 2017, 09:53:53 PM

Gold can also be used as a currency (and was used 2000 years ago), but not it's only an asset.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
September 06, 2017, 09:53:23 PM
Bitcoin is both, it is a currency and an asset because you can use it to buy things mostly online and you can have it for long term which will give you profits if you will just keep it on a safe place and then keep it for more years because the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher and that is how can you buy more things in the future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
September 06, 2017, 09:50:37 PM
In my opinion, bitcoin is a crypto currency, but when viewed from rising prices, most of them use bitcoin as an asset, I personally make bitcoin as an asset, I rarely use it to buy something with bitcoin, I prefer to keep it, and most people make bitcoin as an investment place because it can be a lucrative opportunity, the growth and bitcoin values are very good maybe that's what makes them make bitcoin assets.
Bitcoin is cryptocurrency to most of people. However, to me, Bitcoin is an asset. It is very valuable. Bitcoin now is my job to earn money for life, pay the cost of living. I will save Bitcoin for many purposes in the future such as buy a house, open the cafe and buy a car.
Pages:
Jump to: