Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset? - page 5. (Read 4206 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 103
September 30, 2017, 11:05:49 AM
For me Bitcoin is an asset. Because holding Bitcoin for longer period of time and selling it when the value gets high is like holding an asset until we get a good profit from it. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 275
September 30, 2017, 10:56:19 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

Bitcoin is a digital asset and it's not money at all...it just works as a currency. Wikipedia defines it, "Bitcoin is a digital asset designed by its inventor, Satoshi Nakamoto, to work as a currency. It is commonly referred to with terms like digital currency, digital cash, virtual currency, electronic currency, or cryptocurrency."
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 10:00:41 AM
I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.  I think it would be better if it will be explained at this way since it will depend on its users if they'll consider it as an asset or a currency.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 30, 2017, 09:35:25 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
Its obviously both, In terms of its asset comparrison it might be precious metals. In terms of its currency utility it is very useful for large transactions, in particular large or international transactions, but it gets expensive and cumbersome for small everyday transactions.
Activity: 44
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 09:32:10 AM
It is currency for all people/organization that accepting it as payment for good or services. Bitcoin is currency but only applicable in digital transactions just how dollaors only a legal tender in USA and peso in PH. and bitcoin is also an asset since has value that increased someone's financial networth.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
September 30, 2017, 09:25:15 AM
When using a provider like Change Bank (https://change-bank.com/ico/), it will become a currency, but now it's mostly an asset. Some stores accept bitcoin but not a lot right now
Activity: 309
Merit: 102
Presale is live!
September 30, 2017, 08:45:01 AM
Bitcoin is a currency and an asset. An asset is something you invest in and a currency is something you use for medium of exchange so Bitcoin has both of these properties when it comes to money.
Activity: 363
Merit: 101
September 30, 2017, 07:44:27 AM

Yes, bitcoin is an asset for the future. I was saving in bitcoin, holding and waiting until the price exploded. and I will benefit. because bitcoin has become my future asset.
It can be asset as well as currency in means of paying and buying through it bitcoin is currency. And if one keep it for the time of need to gain profit then it will give them profit. Taking it as both gives a lot of profit and one can use it in both ways and will give benefits in any state and at every stage of life.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
September 26, 2017, 12:52:56 AM
some people are more likely to holding their bitcoin because they have the particular target price to sold eventually the profit will be their aimed but holding bitcoin don't mean they're not consider bitcoin as the currencies because bitcoin have potential to became both a currency and asset itself
Yes it can be both currency as well as asset. when hold it for sake of profit it become an asset and different from other asset this asset can gave huge profit on time of rising index and when you want to trade across then it become currency which you can use anywhere it is acceptable on stores restaurants and shopping sites etc.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
September 21, 2017, 11:01:35 AM
Honestly it acts as both, the world has never seen anything really like bitcoin until it was created so right now you can't really lump it into one category.
I think exactly the same. It is a very different sort of currency. In my point of view, you can use it in both the ways like in whichever way you like it, just use it. It is beneficial in both the ways. It only depends on the way we want it to utilize. I will suggest taking it as an asset and that will benefit you more.

Activity: 378
Merit: 102
September 20, 2017, 01:18:36 PM
I think bitcoin is both, money and assets. Bitcoin can serve as a transaction tool that proves the function of money, the average person often holding bitcoin because it's part of the asset.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform
September 20, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

Yes, bitcoin is an asset for the future. I was saving in bitcoin, holding and waiting until the price exploded. and I will benefit. because bitcoin has become my future asset.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2017, 12:41:56 PM
Gold could be a stable investation ground, but the growth of its market is low. Bitcoin can be an more lucrative investation alternative with its fluctuations and its market growth who keeps showing a promising growth.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
September 19, 2017, 03:13:30 PM
even a lot of people holding bitcoin, some of them still using bitcoin as way of online payment. on the meaning its both to currency and asset. on its purpose that bitcoin is a great item that can be used for invest or exchange into fiat, that make the good point of bitcoin. nothing dominant from currency or asset, because bitcoin can be used as both.
Surely it act as both an online currency and an investment asset for people. People use it as online currency by making a lot of transactions online for the sale/purchase of their products and as an asset by making long term investments in bitcoins for their future purposes.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
September 17, 2017, 05:26:08 PM
bitclin for me is an asset and a currency. i can say its a currency when i exchange it already to our money and cash out or use to pay my bills. and i can say its an asset when i keep it in trading that will use in future
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
September 17, 2017, 04:33:03 PM
Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. In fact, it has already been designated as such legally in Japan with more countries to follow. However, it is a currency that has not yet reached mainstream status or acceptance.
Activity: 630
September 17, 2017, 04:26:51 PM
I think bitcoin is the currency and assets, the assets that must be stored in the future to be exchanged for money to buy something, or pay bills online and offline when we need it.
You are hundred percent correct bitcoin is a currency as well as an asset whenever you need to pay your utility bills or buy something online bitcoin is the best currency you can use and it is a perfect asset   which will be required in the future or for a rainy day then it will be very easy for you at that time and as we know that bitcoin will rise high in the future so it will be a best asset for us in the future.
Activity: 413
Merit: 105
September 17, 2017, 03:47:29 AM
As for me, bitcoin is an asset. People can consider it as an asset because it is our money or our own wealth. Because it is our earnings. It has also a value that's why people can consider it as an asset. But then, people can also consider the bitcoin as a type of currency used inside the internet. Because as we all know, bitcoin is called an asset but inside the internet, it functions as currency or sometimes called a cryptocurrency. Therefore, bitcoin can also be a currency that has a value that's why it is our asset.

Activity: 686
Merit: 100
September 17, 2017, 03:10:34 AM
even a lot of people holding bitcoin, some of them still using bitcoin as way of online payment. on the meaning its both to currency and asset. on its purpose that bitcoin is a great item that can be used for invest or exchange into fiat, that make the good point of bitcoin. nothing dominant from currency or asset, because bitcoin can be used as both.

Bitcoin focuses itself as currency, investment assets are the options that come after that, bitcoin is never thought of for that, but because the trend is always moving fast and continues positively, bitcoin is able to play a double role, I still think that bitcoin is only for the means of payment in the online world.
Activity: 756
September 17, 2017, 03:05:04 AM
Pages:
Jump to: