Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset? - page 8. (Read 4206 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
September 09, 2017, 12:51:10 PM
i think Bitcoin is both , Bitcoin is a really a Currency Asset , little by little i safe some Bitcoin for my future , my prediction Bitcoin price will rise in future , and i do not want to missing this opportunity .. Wink Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
September 09, 2017, 12:50:54 PM
I think both are true, it just depends on how each individual's perspective view. because everyone's thinking must be different. and for my own personal thoughts I think bitcoin is an asset
Activity: 686
Merit: 282
September 09, 2017, 12:09:30 PM
I see there is a misconception, born out of the evolution of bitcoin. Bitcoin was created as a currency, a vehicle of exchange. However it has morphed into something a bit more complex. It is neither an asset or a currency. It is a currency and an asset. Its definition depends on its use by the end user.
But in current times its morphiing into more of an asset. Its cap and inability to freely mint more coins is the nail that will always ensure bitcoin is more of a commodity than a currency as it is the perfect commodity where price is affected directly by demand and available supply.
It will always continue to increase in price as the world continues to adopt it and its number is limited.

It can only be considered a currency in micro quantities.

Sometime into the far future once online user adoption is close to or surpasses 90% we shall see a possibility of it becoming a currency. However that is a very long time into the future and the world is more likely to witness new currency that fulfills the criteria of a currency that instills controls to stabilize its value.

Campaigns are systematic. With projects is different. You can earn as good and only lose time. The more time you spend, the more money you will make. On the top of the skirt on the rank subgenre.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 12:07:06 PM
In my opinion is more real than fiat currency, if you study how fiat currency is made today btc is much more real and is international currency, no other currency is so international like btc.
Cyprto currencies unfortunately is the future of the real economy
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 09, 2017, 11:57:11 AM
I see there is a misconception, born out of the evolution of bitcoin. Bitcoin was created as a currency, a vehicle of exchange. However it has morphed into something a bit more complex. It is neither an asset or a currency. It is a currency and an asset. Its definition depends on its use by the end user.
But in current times its morphiing into more of an asset. Its cap and inability to freely mint more coins is the nail that will always ensure bitcoin is more of a commodity than a currency as it is the perfect commodity where price is affected directly by demand and available supply.
It will always continue to increase in price as the world continues to adopt it and its number is limited.

It can only be considered a currency in micro quantities.

Sometime into the far future once online user adoption is close to or surpasses 90% we shall see a possibility of it becoming a currency. However that is a very long time into the future and the world is more likely to witness new currency that fulfills the criteria of a currency that instills controls to stabilize its value.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
September 09, 2017, 11:37:15 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

Its a currency and an asset. its a digital currency that you can convert into cash that makes it an asset to everyone who holds it.
its really a favor to us investor to be able to know bitcoin and sorry to those who still thinks its a scam
Activity: 319
September 09, 2017, 11:33:28 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
Bitcoin is a currency, a cryptocurrency. In which it is in the virtual world that use to buy anything in Internet. Because of the characteristic of bitcoin that has a high value than other currencies. The users take this opportunity or advantage to keep it and make it an asset.
Activity: 275
Merit: 104
September 09, 2017, 11:23:24 AM
Yes, it is a currency. Bitcoin is a form of digital currency. It is used for transactions. But since its price becomes high, people took this as an advantage. They made bitcoin as an asset. People invest on bitcoin because they know their money will multiply easily.
Activity: 266
Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs
September 09, 2017, 10:33:25 AM
Well, it is definitely both. It is a currency because it is a cryptocurrency and it is an asset because it can be used as an investment and is a great help financially.
Activity: 621
Merit: 500
September 09, 2017, 07:28:22 AM
I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
September 09, 2017, 07:27:22 AM
bitcoin has become a asset rather than currency for day today purpose.it is most profitable asset and attracting trader to invest in it rather go for stock or forex. price has pumped to a high value so we can not take it as currency similar to other digital currency.people are now buying it and holding it just as do with valuable assets in hope to get more profit in future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 262
September 09, 2017, 07:23:54 AM
Bitcoin is both currency and investment asset. But largely now Bitcoin has turned into an investment asset because of its limited cap which results into appreciating its price with time. With holding Bitcoin you can earn good profit that is why people tend to save it and use fiat currency for everyday transactions which will depreciate in value with time and hence holding it would be baseless.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
I'm just a Nobody.
September 09, 2017, 07:18:39 AM

Of course Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, as you can see other countries start accepting bitcoin as one of their payment methods. But I agree about you said that people preferred to hodl their bitcoin rather than spend it because they already forecast what will happen in bitcoin in the future. Me? I would rather to hodl my bitcoins but for now I need it for our daily needs in life.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
September 09, 2017, 06:39:49 AM
I think Bitcoin should be both. not only a currency but also a great asset. most of the people are using Bitcoin for the shopping purpose but it also should be used for the future purpose. Bitcoin has become a popular platform for making a profit.

day by day it is getting acceptable in many countries, especially in the developed country's people are using Bitcoin different purposes. so you can call it both currency as well as an asset whatever you want.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
September 09, 2017, 05:38:37 AM
In my opinion, it relies in between being an asset and currency. For investors, it is an asset that increases its value as time passes by. And for its users, it is a currency because they may use it to buy the things that they want, especially in countries where Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is legal as a currency. I believe that it is currently an asset because there are still places where it can't be used as a currency.
Activity: 140
September 09, 2017, 05:33:56 AM
It should probably renamed to cryptoasset, most people here will use it as a currency and i think that's really a dumb thing to do since buying w pizza 7 years ago with 10 thousands bitcoin could litterally buy you an island today. I don't really consider people who buy everyday stuff with bitcoin to be the smartest people around.
Bitcoin is an asset and it should always be.
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
September 09, 2017, 05:23:01 AM
Bitcoin was fundamentally created as an asset AND as a currency so it is both. It just so happens that thinking of it as an asset is the new fad and the people using it as a currency are the minority. In fact, if we remove those minority in the bitcoin ecosystem, money flow coagulates and it would in bitcoin being "sick" and die.
This is more proof that people should not be allowed to have influence on major decisions. The consequences can be unpredictable. From the moment everyone began to speculate and use bitcoins as a Deposit and began the countdown. If the situation does not change bitcoin will die.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
September 09, 2017, 05:16:31 AM
Bitcoin was fundamentally created as an asset AND as a currency so it is both. It just so happens that thinking of it as an asset is the new fad and the people using it as a currency are the minority. In fact, if we remove those minority in the bitcoin ecosystem, money flow coagulates and it would in bitcoin being "sick" and die.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 09, 2017, 04:24:34 AM
With what's happening today, it is more like an asset than a currency. People keep it because of value and "speculation" that it may have a greater value the next time they visit the exchanges. Aside from that, with only few places and shops where you can use it, all you can do is to keep it(Which makes it look like an asset)

In time, I think it that perception about bitcoin will change. Not when the value increase, but when the user increases.

yes of course this time many of the users who use bitcoin unlike the initial function of bitcoin as currency but as an asset that has a valuable value, perhaps because of the fluctuations of the bitcoin that can change its function.

It may be now bitcoin is an asset and valuable digital currency. But soon it will become a legal currency and soon it will be used by all of us.But before that ,bitcoin should replace the dollar. And it should replace the banking and the digital banking. So at soon the bitcoin will replace the currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 09, 2017, 04:15:53 AM
With what's happening today, it is more like an asset than a currency. People keep it because of value and "speculation" that it may have a greater value the next time they visit the exchanges. Aside from that, with only few places and shops where you can use it, all you can do is to keep it(Which makes it look like an asset)

In time, I think it that perception about bitcoin will change. Not when the value increase, but when the user increases.

yes of course this time many of the users who use bitcoin unlike the initial function of bitcoin as currency but as an asset that has a valuable value, perhaps because of the fluctuations of the bitcoin that can change its function.
Pages:
Jump to: