Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset? - page 6. (Read 4206 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 17, 2017, 03:01:03 AM
Although large community use but only delicious MMO industry is rarely brought to use the exchange of goods.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 17, 2017, 02:47:13 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

It is both. This way it's special.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
September 17, 2017, 02:39:10 AM
I have already posted a topic answering this question too. And yes, bitcoin is an asset that has many features including decentralisation, volatility and anonymity.
It is an asset but functions like currency.
Yes some say that it lacks characteristics but it already functions as a currency. There's no way someone can stop it right?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 17, 2017, 02:25:35 AM
Could I separate them both?. I don't thinks so, it is how you treated it then that's the description of it. Like me, I used it as a currency for I can buy so many things using it but I also hold it for few months for a reasonable increase so I can also categorize it as my assets. It really depends on how you handle bitcoin and how you want to categorized it yourself but in the end it always be the same.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
September 17, 2017, 02:22:39 AM
For me, I can considered the bitcoin as currency and asset. Having a bitcoin is really great because we all know that the bitcoin is very important and very valuable. I can say that I am one of the lucky person because I hold bitcoins.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum
September 17, 2017, 02:20:08 AM
According to me many people consider bitcoin as an asset by holding it for a longtime to make more profit out of it rather than spending it as currency.
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
September 15, 2017, 04:38:19 AM
Its really doesnt matter to me if bitcoin is a type of currency or a form of asset.As long as its useful as cash and a profitable investment, then I will just leave it that way..
The one thing i concern about bitcoin is to become fully recognized of all the goverment in different country as valueble like other asset and currency and not a huge treat to economy.
That's cool. Seriously, as far as it is serving us profits, does this really matter what is it, asset or currency. We can buy some stuff directly paying in bitcoins and we can also convert it into fiat. This way, it reflects the features of both so no one cares if we think of it as a currency or an asset.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
September 13, 2017, 01:10:28 PM
In my opinion - treat Bitcoin as asset only is stupid.
I think it is AND money AND asset.It is just something that can be used in both ways.

Maybe in future he will move more to "money" side but still...
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
September 13, 2017, 01:05:31 PM
can't
you say people still consider this bitcoin asset for the future because they know bitcoin increase its exchange rate in the future.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
September 13, 2017, 12:22:08 PM
I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.
bitcoin is an asset, we can consider it as asset because it is our money, our wealth, and it has a value thats why i consider it as an asset, but i also consider it ass a currency we all know that bitcoin is  a cryptocurrency in the internet we can get a money thru it, thats in terms of its definition it is a currency. so in order for us to understand it well bitcoin is a currency and it has a value thats why it is our asset.
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
September 13, 2017, 12:15:02 PM
I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.
i think it is both, it is a currency and also an asset. bitcoin is an online currency, it can be converted into a physical money and what is good thing about it is, we can get a large amount of money or we cana have a savings comming from it, thats why it is good to save bitcoin, it can be our asset for the next few years, so as long as you can earn it, earn it, it is not impossible to be a millionaire someday because of this.
Activity: 714
September 13, 2017, 11:50:04 AM
It is clear that many treat bitcoin more like an asset that has the potential to grow multiple times its original value. Much as we would like to treat it as a currency, the limited options for using it as such hinders many who would like to do so. So instead of spending bitcoin as is, many of us would simply just tend to hold and see the price rise and fall according to what happens next.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
September 13, 2017, 11:44:19 AM
some people are more likely to holding their bitcoin because they have the particular target price to sold eventually the profit will be their aimed but holding bitcoin don't mean they're not consider bitcoin as the currencies because bitcoin have potential to became both a currency and asset itself
they are just waiting for a much bigger value before consuming their bitcoin so they can take advantage of a better price, but also some people treated bitcoin as an asset to hold believing that it will gain a lot of value after several years, better to hold and treat it like that so after some years you will be financially
stable.
Activity: 355
Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing
September 13, 2017, 11:38:37 AM
both are true. bitcoin according to my point of view it is digital gold. the price can soar because of the limited amount.
I currently prefer to hold my bitcoin for long term. I believe can make the future .
Indeed, bitcoin could actually serve as a both an asset and a current for people. It just depends on how they will going to used Bitcoin on investments , transactions and trading that could be a current that could give them an opportunity to earn and to have profit in the future. It is actually a good thing becasue it helps people to achieve something by dealing with the innovation apart of the development of technology.
Activity: 360
September 13, 2017, 11:31:33 AM
I believe that it is both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin being a digital currency which is somewhat a universal currency because users can send and receive money through bitcoin without thinking about it's exchanges with other country's currency. And as an asset because bitcoin really is an investment, you can invest in bitcoin and can have a profit.
Activity: 884
September 13, 2017, 11:30:38 AM
actually bitcoin as an asset or currency it all depends for each person, because it has no rules such for asset or an official currency, if I use bitcoin as my investation asset for next 10-20 years because according to asset of investment with bitcoin for long term it will benefit me in the future
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
September 13, 2017, 11:21:52 AM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

Depending on the respective perceptions, bitcoin is more to the currency and not the asset. Those holding bitcoin are traders who take advantage of the bitcoin price fluctuations. I think it makes sense if bitcoin is more than just fiat currency, where we can get additional benefits, compared to just storing it in a bank.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 13, 2017, 11:11:18 AM
bitcoin is actually a currency and an asset, because many companies and countries have accept bitcoin as a transaction tool, it can also be made into long-term asset if you can save it longer in the safest place, because bitcoin has a selling price which is getting higher from year to year, maybe bitcoin can be a future asset make our finance better
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
September 13, 2017, 10:49:25 AM
Yes bitcoin is a currency or asset, actually we can say so, bitcoin is the currency because we can use to pay whatever we want, while the asset because we can easily calculate its value compared with fiat.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
September 13, 2017, 10:34:33 AM
As long as bitcoin rises it is an asset.
Using a product for payment that is rising in its value, that's something you only do when there is really no other choice.
Most people have the choice to use the local fiat as a payment. That is one reason why the bitcoin increased its price on such a large scale: people had no need to give it away.
Pages:
Jump to: