Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset? - page 7. (Read 4206 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 121
September 13, 2017, 10:09:11 AM
Actually we can say both because if we go for both then both are right bitcoin is giving opportunity to people so we can say that bitcoin is a good currency and on other hand we can say that it is asset of gold. Because if we are having bitcoin then we will earn more.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
September 13, 2017, 10:06:30 AM
it is a Currency because you can earn it   save it and use it  to sell any thing like clothes food ..............

what make it famous is global and security
That’s a lie, Bitcoin is not a currency, it’s an asset/stock. A stock can also be used to purchase something; for example you can use gold to get something you need. So that’s how Bitcoin works also. It’s a stock but can be used for exchange, buying and selling.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
September 12, 2017, 08:42:39 AM
some people are more likely to holding their bitcoin because they have the particular target price to sold eventually the profit will be their aimed but holding bitcoin don't mean they're not consider bitcoin as the currencies because bitcoin have potential to became both a currency and asset itself
Activity: 573
Merit: 251
September 12, 2017, 08:09:42 AM
Yes, bitcoin is a currency and an asset, in fact we can freely sell bitcoin, in my city I can get bitcoin exchanger and transaction very quickly, in seconds then the money has been received in the bank account.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
September 12, 2017, 07:25:53 AM
bitcoin function is not only limited to currency alone but more than that bitcoin is an asset that has a value so high that currently bitcoin really popular in various countries although there are still some countries that prohibit the use of bitcoin, but it is not an obstacle to development of bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
September 12, 2017, 06:33:14 AM
For me, bitcoin is a currency. Not only that, it is also a valuable asset. I see bitcoin as currency because I can use it to pay bills.
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
September 12, 2017, 05:57:42 AM
I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.

It is still an asset if people are holding it and keeping it for the value to grow high in the coming months or years. It does not matter whether it is on a physical version or not. Remember that gold nowadays are being traded, hold, and kept for a long while for the price to grow as well. But we are not talking about hard gold here. We are talking about paper golds, just like bitcoin, everything is digital.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 05:37:10 AM
Honestly it acts as both, the world has never seen anything really like bitcoin until it was created so right now you can't really lump it into one category.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
September 12, 2017, 05:31:45 AM
I'm on the side that it is both. It's a currency since you can buy things with it, but an asset as well in that people hold on to it for long periods of time. Even though I say it's an "asset," eventually those people will either die holding on to it or cash out.
For me also, bitcoin is not only a precious asset but it shows the characteristics of currency at the same time. That's why I call it having a dual nature. Money is just a medium of exchange and we can buy things directly with BTC (not everywhere). We can convert is into fiat so it’s an asset also.
Activity: 384
Merit: 106
September 10, 2017, 07:35:04 PM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
It can be both because between an asset and as a currency, bitcoin can be both. Bitcoin can act as a currency since it can be use to purchase and buy products especially to those establishments and countries wherein bitcoin use as  a payment have already been accepted. At the same time, bitcoin can be also an asset upon holding it that will surely give you a gain by just simple saving it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
September 10, 2017, 07:27:08 PM
I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
September 10, 2017, 02:39:50 PM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

when bitcoin becomes a commodity of income for a person. I think they will conclude that bitcoin is an asset. and when people say bitcoin virtual money, then bitcoin remains a virtual money.
I think it's about a person's threshing. no more.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
September 10, 2017, 02:10:33 PM
Yes, it is a currency. Bitcoin is a form of digital currency. It is used for transactions. But since its price becomes high, people took this as an advantage. They made bitcoin as an asset. People invest on bitcoin because they know their money will multiply easily.
well! It is very difficult to decide because for me bitcoin is the both because it is the asset and the currency at the same time, because being asset a lot of people use to preserve their bitcoin. As the currency it is being accepted to buy things in the global world. The reason behind this is that it is the transaction speed is now very high and it is easy to use as compare to the other currencies.
Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
September 09, 2017, 02:04:42 PM

Bitcoin is a currency, there is no doubt about that because that is what it is. Satoshi designed it to be a digital cash, thus a currency. Bitcoin is just behaving differently from what it should be. It is behaving more like an asset than a currency because of its high volatility. But there remains a fact that we can use Bitcoin to purchase goods and services, thus it indicates that it has a characteristic of a currency. It is hard to point what it is since it possesses dual character. I believe it is a currency and an asset at the same time.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
September 09, 2017, 01:50:31 PM
It is really a confusion among the public and even government is not able to take the concrete stand on this particular topic. Under the existing law of my country, Bitcoin can be classified as a currency because it has some value and we can transfer it with flexibility. Bitcoin can be classified as a commodity because one can store the value in it and Bitcoin can be classified as a computer software too because ultimately it's a computer software. I think it is more like a currency rather than other classifications of it.
Activity: 22
September 09, 2017, 01:20:24 PM
In my opinion i think the bitcoin is asset In this time because it  is incrase avery moment and i hope the people feel more safed about it
Activity: 41
September 09, 2017, 01:09:51 PM
It depends on the purpose of the person, there are people who keep BTC as a retirement or extra income, but there are those who actually live on the market. So the BTC can be a temporary resource or a currency for day-to-day consumption.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
September 09, 2017, 01:00:49 PM

bitcoin is a phenomenal digital currency, the bitcoin revolution evolves over time, becoming big and triumphant. this is why bitcoin is often asset for the people involved.
Activity: 620
Merit: 500
September 09, 2017, 12:58:31 PM
i think Bitcoin is both , Bitcoin is a really a Currency Asset , little by little i safe some Bitcoin for my future , my prediction Bitcoin price will rise in future , and i do not want to missing this opportunity .. Wink Grin
Bitcoin is the currency of the internet and an asset also, as it's price increases with time so it is also an asset.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
September 09, 2017, 12:54:49 PM
I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.

Looking at trading chart for bitcoin, anyone can notice how much profitable it is to just buy and hold bitcoin rather than spending in daily basis.
The best thing about bitcoin is the thing that you could actually used it depending on you needs and wants. For us we could actually simply used Bitcoin as a form of transaction specifically on trading which could give us an extra opportunity for us to earn. And with that we coule actually earn and bitcoin could serve as an asset for us.
Pages:
Jump to: