Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 21. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
January 20, 2018, 03:40:37 AM
No, of course not, a lot of people can easily track you if you left a lot of finger prints on your bitcoin addresses, i mean, if you posted your address on Facebook, twitter, or any other social media.

Actually not. There is no reason or method from which someone can track you in this bitcoins world. If it is happening then what is the reason behind such security and safety for bitcoins. Why are these wallets and why there is so much checkpoints and password keys? Yes if someone is that much fool to put the links on social media then definitely your address is easy to be tracked.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
January 18, 2018, 12:47:06 PM
bitcoin is not entirely anonymous, there is still a little slit, if only a bitcoin transaction, there will be no problem, but if you want to change into fiat currency would require a local bank account for the funds you disbursed you can receive, and there Your personal information of course with current technology is very likely to be able to track it
I agree with you, bitcoin is not completely anonymous because with the latest technology all the transactions we have done can be traced. Technological developments are always much better than anyone who does not have a smarter knowledge of the internet, because everything to be able to use bitcoin is the internet network itself.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 12:06:49 PM
Yes bitcoin is anonymous but what you are trying to say is the identity you will be giving when converting into cash, Of course the cashier will respond to that and approach you depending on the amount you withdraw.Bitcoin is really anonymous , because of this we can transact around the globe being untraceable for any threats.
Activity: 170
Merit: 46
January 18, 2018, 10:36:34 AM
You can say that real money is not really anonymous, unless you're strictly dealing with money in your hands. So once you convert it into money, then it's not Bitcoin anymore.
Well bitcoin is about to breaking a leg, in times bitcoin will be more popularized by all people and  I can't  say it is anonymous because we know that it will more know as one of the leading organization which people depends upon it as it give a lot of helps of all user, and bitcoin mostly break some peoples dignity about regular work. Some people stop their works to take bitcoin as fulltime as they know that it gives them fulfilment.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 18, 2018, 10:17:58 AM
Oh, I was just trying to be funny, I don´t know any legal way of getting rich in a few weeks. But I am interested in anonymity still, because I don´t think anyone has to know what I do with my stuff.
Read more about anonymity on https://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know

Activity: 129
Merit: 10
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
January 18, 2018, 09:48:21 AM
Bitcoin it's pseudoanonymous, because when you try to cash them, you need to reveal your identity.
Of course, you can make illegal transactions, but it works only with little sums.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
January 17, 2018, 02:34:12 PM
I can say YES at this time, but it could be happen that of being anonymous will started to change as some bounty investment needs to have KYC verifications which it requires for your real identity. Though the implementation isnt final but as crypto getting very popular worldwide it's gonna happen in later part.
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
January 17, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

Well it depends entirely on how you intend to handle said amounts. If you decide to deposit it to your bank account in one go, you're likely going to sound alarm bells. It depends on your jurisdiction, but in the US, any  transaction amounting to $10,000 or above would cause your bank to file a currency transaction report -- that doesn't mean anything by itself, but you may find yourself being questioned. Breaking it into small amounts won't do either, because it's called structuring, and it's a crime. You can probably get away with transferring a few hundred dollars a month without raising suspicion, but depending on how much you're planning to cash out, it might take ages.

The most 'anonymous' way would probably to find a third party buyer, but that could also prove challenging because he would need enough cash (if he wires you the money then you basically have the same problem lol), and he would know your identity anyway.

All things considered, if you plan on getting rich in a few days, the most convenient way would probably be to declare it and pay the proper taxes.

Oh, I was just trying to be funny, I don´t know any legal way of getting rich in a few weeks. But I am interested in anonymity still, because I don´t think anyone has to know what I do with my stuff.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
January 17, 2018, 06:49:51 AM
Right. Many people who join in bitcoin really anonymous also with the wallet, but the wallet has right data and they keep privacy our data. So, don't worry about it Smiley
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
January 17, 2018, 06:17:22 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency the creator of it satoshi nakamoto is anonymous , so back to topic with significant amounts yes , technically it can. And you intend to become rich in just 4 to 5 weeks , well maybe but I doubt it , but if you are rich well no doubt.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
January 17, 2018, 04:32:31 AM
Yeah, no one can see our balance unless we allow them to do. Also in blockchain you cannot view that, also the 2 addresses and the amount sent/received and nothing more.
Eehm, I’m not really sure if that’s true. If the companies are able to tell how much that is in their possession, then they can possibly tell who owns them. I have always believed that Bitcoin is anonymous, until I came across people discussing on this same topic, that’s where I came across the word- Pseudo-Anonymous. But I’m still confused.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
January 16, 2018, 05:41:36 PM

Impossible, you can conserve a certain degree of anonymity if you keep your bitcoin but once you try to get fiat you will be subject to all kind of regulations which you cannot escape.
This is only the thing on where you would really be caught up specially when you are cashing out big amounts already knowing that each exchanges do have their KYC and AML which you would really be questioned on where those funds came from and would be asked by some documentation which its actually true that you might able to hide your holdings on bitcoin form but cashing it out would really be entirely a different story.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 05:30:23 PM

Impossible, you can conserve a certain degree of anonymity if you keep your bitcoin but once you try to get fiat you will be subject to all kind of regulations which you cannot escape.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
January 16, 2018, 02:39:15 PM
It is anonymous enough and depends on your brains. In crytoworld people can see your bitcoin adress only but when you yelling everywhere that you are using bitcoin better to start working on yourself Grin
Activity: 26
January 16, 2018, 02:27:15 PM
In my design unless the person declares that the wallet and her nobody in the world has as knowing to whom belongs the address that sent or received the transactions. So yes btc is anonymous.
Activity: 308
January 16, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

Smiley Smiley So this means you don't want anyone to know you're rich right!?. well trading bitcoin is highly anonymous because you'll never know who bought your coin or sold to you but as you said, getting in fiat is lessly anonymous because fiat is legally bound and demands a lot of requirements, but one thing you should know is that it's between you and where you want to convert to fiat ( I mean no one is supposed to know the money you have at your bank- this is not like a BTC address that you can scan someone transaction). So to cut everything short, you can become rich and only you and your bank (or trading company/portal should know), and by the way being rich is not iillegal (might be depending on how you make) so you can make the money you want to make
Activity: 58
January 16, 2018, 11:32:45 AM
In the event that you favor Bitcoin is an unknown since it's a sort of computerized monetary forms, yet honestly it's not mysterious. In reality, in the same way as other cryptographic forms of money, bitcoin is pseudonymous. To the extent I realize that when it doesn't require a client to devulge your own data, every one of the exchanges which were made are open space and could be seen by any one in the Blockchain. Also, Blockchain does not uncover your name, very are numerous approaches to recognize some person's character through examples on the blockchain and different components. Accordingly , it's not totally an unknown.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
January 16, 2018, 11:23:33 AM

it is still not reachable or traceable even though they have your identity and record of buying those wallets are still anonymous. also the transactions will be different if you buy a thing using your fiat money , cause you said you converted it.
Activity: 31
January 16, 2018, 11:17:49 AM
In some situations, Bitcoin could even be less anonymous than cash payments in hand.

That's why you shouldn't do things you would later be ashamed/afraid of.
Activity: 126
Merit: 59
January 16, 2018, 11:02:23 AM

I think the question you ask has nothing to do with Bitcoin as such. When you buy something with your credit card in an online shop, you still have to leave a lot of personal dat like delivery address, you name, maybe something else. And how you think that could be different with Bitcoin? Apart from that, if you are going to become rich as you say and buy something expensive like a house, you will have to do a few legal things which will leave nothing of your anonymity, Bitcoin or not.
Pages:
Jump to: