Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 18. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 119
For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!
March 28, 2018, 01:57:01 PM
Its actually anonymous in terms of the actual person itself but you could be able to check all the transaction of that particular individual through a wallet number. You can follow all the link for that particular wallet. Yes for me it's anonymous but transactions is totally and easily disclosed to public.
Actually, the transaction is logged. But, people dont know who are you and the recipient.
Pure Wallet Number, that is called Anonymous.
Objective for Bitcoin is make Currency unknown for everyone, so you are safer from Roberry or other crime.
Activity: 107
Merit: 5
March 28, 2018, 01:47:40 PM
Its actually anonymous in terms of the actual person itself but you could be able to check all the transaction of that particular individual through a wallet number. You can follow all the link for that particular wallet. Yes for me it's anonymous but transactions is totally and easily disclosed to public.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
March 23, 2018, 04:26:51 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

yes bitcoin really anonymous, because bitcoin doesnt need ID verified
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
March 13, 2018, 01:24:26 AM
I think bitcoin is not fully anonymous because we could still track each of wallet and see the transaction but we cannot know who is the owner of that address and where he lives. but it still bitcoin is anonymous for me because I can send my bitcoin from my one wallet to another wallet especially in the exchange and private wallet.
Activity: 224
Merit: 8
March 13, 2018, 12:44:18 AM
Yes when it comes to bitcoin member to member transactions or even in the system of the bitcoin with people around you replying on your thread are all A.K.A and no personal details attach so that is why it is so called anonymous. Anonymous if we are in the world of bitcoin but as you stated above that after having to bitcoin to en cashing it that requires your personal identify since it already involve in real money of fiat money. The integrity of receiving it is there since you are already crossing the border from bitcoin world to the real money world. The real money world is the real evident from the investment gain from the bitcoin system.
Activity: 112
March 13, 2018, 12:32:33 AM
Not really.Because users can remain anonymous if they wish.However, anyone can track transactions involving the transfer of Bitcoins. This is because Bitcoin is designed so that all transactions are recorded on a general ledger.As a public transaction system, Bitcoin makes this inference process easy, which makes anonymity very difficult...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 12, 2018, 01:20:09 PM
You can't be anoymous nowadays but bitcoin can make this happen if you really need it. Just read about this in google and follow few easy tips to stay anoynous.
Activity: 658
February 12, 2018, 12:51:24 PM
To my opinion, Bitcoin when it comes to meager amounts can be anonymous, because you might not be really investigated by Crypto wolf[Scammers]. But when it comes to Significant amounts involved, it's 100% anonymity becomes questionable. As pseudoanonymous in nature, intelligency in securing your deals must be cautionally asserted. As much as your personal identity is undisclosed, saved your publicized address that must be released, these on line Crypto wolfs has high technology of tracing ones address and getting into your Account that the private keys are personally kept with you.
Activity: 305
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 12:47:27 PM
I don't think so in my country it is very popular to make any payment online with bitcoin so it not anonymous
Activity: 24
February 12, 2018, 12:14:24 PM
Of course not, at least not completely.
But with some precautions it could be very difficult to catch you. Of course, with just one little mistake you are done.
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
January 30, 2018, 07:48:13 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

That is exactly the point. When you convert bitcoin into a fiat and the amount is large, this will draw the attention of the authorities.
I suppose it differs from country to country what they will do. Some will want to know where the coins come from, others will just charge taxes.
But as soon as a bank account is involved, the anonymity is gone.
I don’t think anonymity is our concern because we are getting profit from it and it doesn’t matter for us that who is doing all this or not and this need true believe and those who invested in bitcoin blindly are the best profit scorers and as far as authorities are concerned bitcoin investment is now in trends all over the world and everyone is using it boldly so it is not a point to worry mate it is ok that’s why it is still progressing.
Ever since I got into Bitcoin, anonymity has never been my concern, all I have cared about is making my money, that’s all, apart from that, there’s nothing else. Sometimes when I see people worrying about anonymity, it seems suspicious to me, cause it’s only criminals worries a lot of their showing off their identity.
Activity: 484
January 29, 2018, 08:32:25 AM
Yes, Bitcoin is really anonymous. All transactions related to Bitcoin are so and no one will know who you are. However, when you use it to trade or trade anything, there are traces such as your address, phone number or anything else that is related to you. So it's only anonymous if you trade and trade it on the trading floor, leaving the rest behind
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
January 29, 2018, 08:02:46 AM
The concept of bit coin is anonymous but the transactions are registered in the block chain permanently, it means the transaction is public put the person transacting is bit difficult to find I think. This is common on all currencies, you cannot track anyone who changed or exchanged $100 paper currency isn't it?
Activity: 386
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 07:52:31 AM

Not entirely anonymous but they cant track your location or the wallet even if youre using it. They can track your wallet address and your wallet address alone Exploits than can track every one that you transacted with. But only the wallet addresses.
better to say they cant track every single details about us,only the address of wallet is expose meaning we are anonymous in term of personal attachments..thats why this was used by some illegal syndicate in their activity,

And regarding to what youve said that intended to be rich in 4-5 weeks?well congrats
There was this incident happened last year, FBI traced out a criminal from Silk Road by his bitcoin transaction or at least they claim to. Other than that, I have never come across any article telling such a story in which a person was caught by his bitcoin transaction.

I personally believe that it is not totally anonymous but a hell difficult to get the required information due to the blockchain technology. Complexity is beyond words.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
January 29, 2018, 03:46:14 AM

That is exactly the point. When you convert bitcoin into a fiat and the amount is large, this will draw the attention of the authorities.
I suppose it differs from country to country what they will do. Some will want to know where the coins come from, others will just charge taxes.
But as soon as a bank account is involved, the anonymity is gone.
I don’t think anonymity is our concern because we are getting profit from it and it doesn’t matter for us that who is doing all this or not and this need true believe and those who invested in bitcoin blindly are the best profit scorers and as far as authorities are concerned bitcoin investment is now in trends all over the world and everyone is using it boldly so it is not a point to worry mate it is ok that’s why it is still progressing.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
January 28, 2018, 07:44:06 PM
Bitcoin is only pseudo anonymous. For you to spend your large number of bitcoins getting untracked, you could just convert it to fiat by selling it to a buyer directly for cash. Probably you could find such traders in local bitcoins.com. Otherwise you could even use bitcoin mixer services to hide your identity for bigger amounts.
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 09:32:06 AM
No, Bitcoin is not anonymous because it's known on a large country, they have many companies to have many funds on the campaign. You can change your money here into fat.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
January 28, 2018, 09:24:52 AM
At first I think bitcoin is anonymous and I also do not quite understand because we can make wallet without identity and the government does not know that we have bitcoin, but some friends say that bitcoin is not completely anonymous because every transaction has IP and there are some ways but I'm not too understand how to trace them if they use a fake IP.
ip-address has nothing to do with this. You Take into account the fact that most of the exchanges and exchangers require the user's personal data, and virtually every Bitcoin wallet is tied to an e-mail address, which in turn has the same personal information of the person.
Activity: 136
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 07:57:06 AM
At first I think bitcoin is anonymous and I also do not quite understand because we can make wallet without identity and the government does not know that we have bitcoin, but some friends say that bitcoin is not completely anonymous because every transaction has IP and there are some ways but I'm not too understand how to trace them if they use a fake IP.
Activity: 277
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 07:43:02 AM
Yes. This is because it Bitcoin and other crypto currencies are decentralized.
Pages:
Jump to: