Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 17. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 7
March 30, 2018, 10:03:58 AM
My personal perception is that it is more transparent than traditional offshore schemes. For example, have a look at this chart, which shows, money move from MtGox theft.
Activity: 296
Merit: 13
March 29, 2018, 11:41:43 AM
When we talk about anonymosity, for me bitcoin is anonymous only when you use or trade it as bitcoin iself. It is defeinitely obvious because you only need the wallet address when you transact.  However,  it is loosing its privacy when the time comes that you have to convert it to fiat with an exchange. 
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
March 29, 2018, 11:29:25 AM
    Bitcoin is not really anonymous because others can see the wallet address when send and receive bitcoin but they can't see your identity,password and private key.
Yes that's right. Bitcoin is really not known to others that why its remain anonymous for some. And also for me you don't need others to know your identity in investing because you can make it privately. Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 10:43:05 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
The system is more or less similarly closer to the concept of  the unknown or anonymous. Since in the process there is nood need to give your personal information. You just can use pseudonyms. You could be someone what you wanted or whatever will be your preferred identity.
Activity: 112
March 29, 2018, 10:20:27 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

its true, bitcoin is anonymous. indentify person is secured.
Activity: 111
March 29, 2018, 09:31:54 AM

yes, I thinks. its anonymous, because no identify and cannt be tracking
Activity: 41
March 29, 2018, 08:47:50 AM
Bitcoin is the first currency that has appeared. Its purpose was to free users from dependence of the state and banking structures, more precisely from their control. Bitcoin was introduced as an anonymous payment service. When creating your personal wallet, the user does not need to check the passport data, nor any other way to confirm their identity.
Activity: 85
March 29, 2018, 08:00:06 AM

I think, it is anonymous. identify cannt detected. its my opinion
Activity: 30
March 29, 2018, 07:54:20 AM
True, bitcoin is anonymous. Trading on the floor does not know who the trader is. so bitcoin can become a tool for criminals like money laundering
Activity: 107
March 29, 2018, 12:20:28 AM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, pseudo anonymous (can use alias name).
Now, most veteran bitcoin (old players) this year. Many people do not know this, however, why the bitcoin is not made completely anonymous by default, and what efforts are made to keep bitcoin users de-anonymized (anonymous interactions)
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
March 28, 2018, 11:53:26 PM
Basically no, bitcoin is not anonymous actually bitcoin right now is known because of the social media and even also the fake adds. Bitcoin right are known by it's price but also of spreading fake news about bitcoin, that bitcoin is a scam only but for me no. Because they don't the whole story about bitcoin did to us.

Bitcoin gives another chance to those who are not qualified to word because of dis abilities but rather bitcoin gives us hope to pursue our dream.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
March 28, 2018, 11:52:00 PM

Bitcoin was somehow and not entirely anonymous because they can still track your transaction via your wallet. Besides, when we creating an account most of them are require gmail and we know that we have our identity upon it hence, this gmail will be their basis to gather our info however, it is just my opinion so there's no guarantee for it to be true.
Activity: 122
March 28, 2018, 11:42:55 PM
    Bitcoin is not really anonymous because others can see the wallet address when send and receive bitcoin but they can't see your identity,password and private key.

yes , i agree. bitcoin is not really anonymous for their wallet addres, but they can see id. its very safety today.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
March 28, 2018, 11:38:14 PM
Bitcoin is often described as an anonymous currency because it is possible to send and receive bitcoins without giving any personally identifying information
Bitcoin is anonymous ,a decentralized currency in which ,not supported with governments that the only way to transact through an internet gathering.We are unidentified persons on the forum that supported on bitcoin near future because we believe that it has a great potentials and having good opportunities.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 28, 2018, 11:21:32 PM
yes, bitcoin is anonymous. but is there something that make bitcoin unanony. its kyc.
more over when some country obigle us to send our information when using cryptocurrent. so everybody know who is in the back.
it have the advantage and disadvantage.
Activity: 135
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 10:57:03 PM
Bitcoin is often described as an anonymous currency because it is possible to send and receive bitcoins without giving any personally identifying information
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
March 28, 2018, 02:35:29 PM
In my opinion bitcoin is not anonymous. Because you can determine the amount of bitcoin you need to buy or sell. You can know the address of people who need to buy or sell through the banking system.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
March 28, 2018, 02:25:30 PM
Although bitcoin transactions do not reveal personal information such as name,  age or address, it is not really anonymous as every transactions is recorded on the blockchain which makes it possible for a transaction to be traced to you wallet address.
Buying from an online store requires putting down your name and address for shipping and so buying with bitcoin is not in any way anonymous as they already have your personal information.

Yes bitcoin transaction is the most secure way of transaction they don’t say the personal details to any other users because it has its special features . I like bitcoin for this feature so I think it very need for all users .
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 28, 2018, 02:16:22 PM

On says the bitcoin is not anonymous but pseudonymous...
The address is the pseudonyme.
It is sometimes possible to place a name on the address...

Suppose you buy BTC with an card...then the card is in relation with the bitcoin address.
Once they have a name on an address...it is possible to follow on the public blockchain...ok,it is an hard job.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
March 28, 2018, 02:08:44 PM
Although bitcoin transactions do not reveal personal information such as name,  age or address, it is not really anonymous as every transactions is recorded on the blockchain which makes it possible for a transaction to be traced to you wallet address.
Buying from an online store requires putting down your name and address for shipping and so buying with bitcoin is not in any way anonymous as they already have your personal information.
Pages:
Jump to: