Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 20. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 07:56:40 AM
Bitcoin is anonymous until it remains... bitcoin. When you try to exchange it for fiat money, you need to be very careful, if you want to keep your anonymity.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 06:51:16 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

I do not consider bitcoin anonymous, because every transaction can be easily tracked using the Internet, unlike paper money. The only thing I like is decentralization.
Activity: 43
Merit: 3
January 23, 2018, 04:44:42 AM
Almost completely anonymous, consider that all your trunks are in the blockchain
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
January 23, 2018, 03:04:13 AM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, rather a pseudoanonymous one. Personal information about the sender or receiver are kept confidential, while every transactions are publicized. But i think the person owning a bitcoin address can be tracked if you have only one wallet and you keep on using it on every transactions. Maybe one should use different wallets, so it would be difficult to trace/track the person behind the bitcoin address.
Activity: 233
Merit: 250
January 22, 2018, 10:11:45 PM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, rather, pseudo-anonymous. By now, most Bitcoin veterans know this. It’s less obvious to many, however, why Bitcoin is not really anonymous by default, and what can be done to de-anonymize Bitcoin users – and what Bitcoin users can do to reclaim their privacy.
Activity: 230
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 08:41:06 PM
It's not literally anonymous, now a days almost all people in this world heard about bitcoin because of social media but they don't bother it because they say bitcoin is a scam. But I know someday bitcoin will the famous crypto currency because of it's value.
Now itself it is much famous for the price it has got. Till date it hasn't been a big news, now after reaching a value closer to $20000 it has reached the light through news portals as well through social media. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, maybe in future due to government's intervention this feature too might get affected losing its goodness.
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
January 22, 2018, 06:16:33 PM
It's not literally anonymous, now a days almost all people in this world heard about bitcoin because of social media but they don't bother it because they say bitcoin is a scam. But I know someday bitcoin will the famous crypto currency because of it's value.
Activity: 24
January 22, 2018, 10:48:03 AM
It is not anonymous at all. If you've heard some speech from TedX, there's this one talk where the speaker describes a transaction with bitcoin. You'll feel anonymous when doing it because there'll be no physical contact or interaction between you and the market or the vendor. But with those ledger or logs of transactions, someone out there might be able to track you down. Though coin owners are not identified by any immediately identifiable ID, payments using Bitcoins are not anonymous by design, and leak information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzN4WGPC4kc
Here's a simple analogy of the situation. Suppose that you, with a large number of people, are in a large room and wanted to exchange money anonymously. Let's say one way of doing it is by wearing masks, then exchange money. You feel anonymous with that? Maybe, but keep in mind that anyone there can observe how money changes hands. "If anonymous Eve gave Alice a coin, Eve can monitor the blockchain (the transparent ledger of transactions) to trace the coin for its entire life span." With that, you are anonymous only in a limited sense.
Activity: 126
January 21, 2018, 10:02:30 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
It's not anonymous bitcoin is a caming from blockchain in a small amount bitcoin will double or triple money
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
January 21, 2018, 06:59:40 PM

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks
If you are planning to make money legally then there is nothing to worry about,but how on earth are you able to make money in four to five weeks,what kind of magic solution is that to make that much amount in short time,are you planning to gamble to make money in a short period .Cheesy
Activity: 257
January 21, 2018, 06:57:00 PM
Well its not entirely annonymous anymore, the transactions or addresses are track-able, that is how governments are trying to put it under the Taxes.
Activity: 126
Merit: 59
January 21, 2018, 05:32:39 PM

I have a friend who tried to withdraw more than 20 bitcoins in order to buy a House in my country, he couldn't because the bank was making a lot of trouble regarding to that "money".
In fact, he couldn't withdraw that money, and he is contacting a lawyer because of that.

But yes, those transactions are never going to be under the radar.. Lmao.

But these are fiat transactions, not Bitcoin's, right? You first convert your bitcoins to fiat at some exchange and then withdraw the money to your bank account. Any bank can start asking questions about the origin of this money, and this is sort of understandable. But as long as you don't cash out, Bitcoin is pretty anonymous for most intents and purposes. Of course, if you are a guy like Ross Ulbricht, they will do everything to track you down, Bitcoin or not, but if you are not, it may be prohibitively expensive to track everyone else.
Activity: 56
Merit: 30
January 20, 2018, 07:17:23 AM
Bitcoin is not anonymous , perhaps it is pseudo anonymous, the transactions are open to the world. I think they decide ip address too. But there are 3 things you can see wallet, address and transaction history. But since they doing require any Id, I think we can't determine individual. If I am wrong please suggest me. I am happy to receive.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 20, 2018, 07:12:30 AM
Don't bet too much on bitcoin anonymity: every thing you do on the net is recorded, and you don't know when government will start to hunt you.
If you want anonymity, there are better currencies than bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
January 20, 2018, 07:09:03 AM
This is happening in time. Time is spreading among the people. You will find happier when BTC anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
January 20, 2018, 06:44:53 AM
Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous. Its anonymity is not like monero and zcash. Your bitcoin address will be listed on the blockchain network but they can't track it because its pseudo - anonymous.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
January 20, 2018, 06:41:51 AM
Basically the nature of bitcoin is anonymous because of the security programs that it acquires, but when you do some transactions or if you will convert it to fiat currency it will be needing your identity. Your wallet address cannot be hacked unless you gave your important information such as passwords to other people.
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
January 20, 2018, 06:27:42 AM
It's anonymous until you can keep separate you bitcoin address from your identity.
This is simple if you trade only bitcoin, but when you try to cash them you need to be very careful.
Activity: 137
January 20, 2018, 03:57:07 AM

I have a friend who tried to withdraw more than 20 bitcoins in order to buy a House in my country, he couldn't because the bank was making a lot of trouble regarding to that "money".
In fact, he couldn't withdraw that money, and he is contacting a lawyer because of that.

But yes, those transactions are never going to be under the radar.. Lmao.
Activity: 332
Merit: 12
January 20, 2018, 03:51:09 AM
Not completely, but you can hide a lot with the right scramble service...
Yes we can say that this currency is anonymous to most of the extent as is provides the users a complete ambiguity regarding their possession and as well as their identity. But if it comes to hacking the Bitcoin are vulnerable to this menace as well so one has to invest some bugs to avail a security or scrambling service that is highly secured and reliable for the sake of keeping your online wallets hide from the community of cryptos.
Pages:
Jump to: