Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 27. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 103
January 13, 2018, 10:20:20 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
Not entirely anonymous but they cant track your location or the wallet even if youre using it. They can track your wallet address and your wallet address alone Exploits than can track every one that you transacted with. But only the wallet addresses.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 13, 2018, 10:09:58 PM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, rather, pseudo-anonymous. By now, most Bitcoin veterans know this. Bitcoin is not really anonymous by default. There are generally reasons why bitcoin is sometimes regarded as anonymous: First, unlike bank accounts and most other payment systems, Bitcoin addresses are not tied to the identity of users on a protocol level. Second, transactions are not tied to the identity of users either. As such, anyone can effectively transfer bitcoin from any address to which it controls the (private) keys, to any other address, with no need to reveal any personal information at all. Like physical cash, not even the receiver needs to know the identity of the sender.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
January 13, 2018, 09:47:07 PM
Its not completely anonymous, but pseudoanonymous one.. every transactions on bitcoin is registered on a ledger called the blockchain. On blockchain, only the bitcoin address and amount of bitcoin that was received or sent can been seen, but not the personal information of the sender or receiver (such as name, age, etc). However, every transactions made are publicized to the entire bitcoin network.
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
January 13, 2018, 09:23:07 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: