Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 5. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
May 21, 2018, 03:17:54 PM
No doubt that bitcoin is really anonymous, we are relaxed and do not have to worry about keep bitcoin so all the information about bitcoin owners is never known, this is what makes many countries suspect that bitcoin is used for illegal transactions.

Bitcoin is not anonymous and can not provide the same level of privacy as cash. The use of Bitcoin requires extensive public listing. Bitcoin can not be more anonymous than cash and will not complicate the procurement of criminal investigations when necessary. Bitcoin is designed to prevent financial crime in large numbers. Some concerns have arisen regarding personal transactions may be used for illegal use by using Bitcoin. However, it should be noted that Bitcoin will be part of the existing rules of the financial system.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
May 19, 2018, 06:03:54 AM
Bitcoin is 75% anonymous. The other 25% is done by you. You need to understand bitcoin, the computer as well as the blockchain so as to use bitcoin without being recognized. It is not very hard. However, people do not want to learn. If you are careless in using bitcoin, your identity might be revealed to the whole world

I'm not so sure about the percentages but I totally agree with you when you refer to the general laziness  Grin

All crypto assets can be tracked, regardless of what some scammers are selling around this forum.

As soon as you move your assets to an exchange, your identity can known.

Check it out, don't be lazy!  Wink

http://www.ibtimes.com/wannacry-ransomware-attack-hackers-raised-50000-bitcoins-now-what-2539199

https://www.pymnts.com/news/security-and-risk/2017/wannacry-hackers-money-launder-bitcoins-on-swiss-virtual-currency-exchange/

https://bitnewsbot.com/wannacry-hackers-move-140000-from-bitcoin-wallets-marcus-hutchins-arrested/
Activity: 46
May 18, 2018, 08:22:39 AM
I'm probably about to spout shit but if anyone can correct me if I'm wrong this would be appreciated!

So bitcoin isn't 'anonymous' in a sense. You can see where bitcoin moves between wallets etc. It's a case of who owns the wallet can be kinda anonymous. As for coinbase, it's not really a wallet it's kinda like a large pool of bitcoin and they say you have x amount of it. Similar to Paypal, you don't actually have the money they display it's in one of their main accounts. As for your personal information and IP, all that kinda stuff is protected by some form of the Data Protection act (for the UK, some equivalent for their country etc). So they are inclined to keep that data private and secure.
Activity: 34
Merit: 2
May 18, 2018, 08:15:23 AM
Since everything is on a public searchable ledger bitcoin really isn’t as anonymous as some people believe. Sure you’re name isn’t necessarily tied to your wallet, but as soon as you touch that wallet there are methods to track who is accessing it. Now with that being said I’m sure there are some obscure ways to help try and hide who is accessing the wallet. I guess if you were truly concerned about anonymity then you should look into privacy coins.
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
May 18, 2018, 08:00:17 AM
It's not anonymous... We can say that this is type of pseudo-anonymous, because transactions are registred in blockchain.
Activity: 267
Merit: 101
May 18, 2018, 07:49:34 AM
That is not 100 percent correct that the transactions you make with the bitcoin are fully anonymous, since you actually can track them in the blockchain. It is mostly done when business owners or entrepreneurs have to claim the business or need to sign some contracts
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
May 17, 2018, 01:15:08 PM
Yes, bitcoin is really anonymous but only when you understand how to use it wise. Never talk to everyone that you have something on your wallet and try not to click on suspicous links and don't download anything on your PC with crypto.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
May 17, 2018, 01:09:52 PM
If you send bitcoin to an exchange to exchange fiat you are not anonymous anymore you are anonymous only if you do not send it to an exchange that you registered with your id.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
May 17, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Probably not, they have some sum of bitcoins in the world and I think that inventors of bitcoin try to keep control of it's movemnt over the world. With small amounts of btc not but large ammount of bitcoin I think that is controlled yes.
Activity: 532
Merit: 148
May 16, 2018, 11:49:28 PM
This post was really helpful for the information aboht the bitcoins anonymity.
Bitcoin can be tracked but bitcoin cannot be hacked but maybe your wallet.
Bitcoin known as anonymity, but there are a lot to talk about being anonymous, a harmless and safe technique of creating & receiving payments without compromising your identity and your activities (lawful, illegal &/or illicit). We believe that bitcoin is anonymous, but if you check back in history like the "Silk Road" and latest articles about its anonymity, you tend to question things surrounding its “anonymity”.
Some articles that are worthy of reading:

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/20/the-nsa-worked-to-track-down-bitcoin-users-snowden-documents-reveal/

Activity: 140
May 16, 2018, 11:38:20 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
get rich in a few weeks no one is actually for bitcoin pedagan. Because if they have a large capital may be gaining profits doubled in 5 weeks
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
May 16, 2018, 11:10:25 PM
actually in terms of bitcoin tracking can still be tracked. if indeed there will be cooperation between the exchanger will be able to unmask money laundry if it will be more btc will be in use for it
Activity: 28
May 16, 2018, 11:04:35 PM
Cryptocurrencies can be anonymous or open. Bitcoin and ethereum are examples of open cryptocurrencies. Everyone can see how much money you have on your wallets, how much it you send and who gets this money. Zcash and Dash are examples of anonymous cryptocurrencies. These cryptocurrencies are designed to hide information about your money and what you do with it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
May 16, 2018, 07:22:43 AM
At first I think bitcoin is anonymous and I also do not quite understand because we can make wallet without identity and the government does not know that we have bitcoin, but some friends say that bitcoin is not completely anonymous because every transaction has IP and there are some ways but I'm not too understand how to trace them if they use a fake IP.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
May 16, 2018, 06:56:28 AM
yes it is anonymous, it cannot be tracked means we can't trace payment in which country payment has come . But It is possible to break anonymity of the bitcoin by allotting different bitcoin address and these bitcoin address has registered with government authority from this govt. can know that from which person address payment send and receive.  
Well how this process will work.
These address will be registered with exchanges or banks for each and every person. no one can convert btc into fiat without transferring btc into these addresses. from that govt. also able to identify person having more capital gains from crypto asset. Person is easily traceable.  
Activity: 267
Merit: 101
May 16, 2018, 06:54:36 AM
There on blockchain you can see nothing more than the bitcoin address and the amount of bitcoin, which was sent or received, so the personal information of the sender orreceiver is in safe.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
May 16, 2018, 06:33:17 AM
Bitcoin is 75% anonymous. The other 25% is done by you. You need to understand bitcoin, the computer as well as the blockchain so as to use bitcoin without being recognized. It is not very hard. However, people do not want to learn. If you are careless in using bitcoin, your identity might be revealed to the whole world
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
May 16, 2018, 05:39:50 AM
Actually i don't think bitcoin is really anonymous, you can feel it if you are new in working here because you can't easily understand how you will do and how it works so you will think that is so anonymous. All people felt it too because of its lack of knowledge against cryptocurrency. But if you truly know and understand it you will not be scared for it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
May 16, 2018, 05:15:45 AM
there may be several ways to make it untraceable. especially if anyone has ever used a mixer, most likely it is very difficult to track. well, but I think if it's normal use, it can be tracked.
Activity: 154
May 16, 2018, 05:05:05 AM
Of course, but you can spend big amounts in online shops, maybe even in dark web, you can withdraw it to fiat using your credit card. So if you wish, you could stay anonomous.
Pages:
Jump to: