Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 10. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 277
May 02, 2018, 08:01:49 AM
There is no doubt that bitcoin is anonymous, which is why many countries are afraid of bitcoin for fear of being used for illegal transactions such as drug transactions, money laundering and so on.
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
May 02, 2018, 07:48:20 AM
Bitcoin isn't completely anonymous. There are other coins that work in this direction (like DASH or XMR), but at this moment they aren't used in everyday life.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
May 02, 2018, 07:42:12 AM
You can say that real money is not really anonymous, unless you're strictly dealing with money in your hands. So once you convert it into money, then it's not Bitcoin anymore.
It's not an anonymous but a hidden extra income that a big possibility to earn a lot of money from it by joining different activities thatt offered for this crypto world.
Well in this way, they are anonymous, yes. Bitcoins are the safest and securest platform for many people to earn money by catering different methods and techniques that can be useful for yielding maximum of the profit. This one world is anonymous in the sense that no one can trace you back. This is decentralized form of coin that have no tendency to be affiliated with central government.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 02:34:13 AM
It could be anonymous if you're just withdrawing a very minute amount of cash. I think also transfering cash would be a problem if you're wallet or account would remain anonymous. If you really don't mind then you could have different wallets snd do the transactions piece by piece, but that will juat leave alot of paper trail. Huge amounts require a proof, like IDs business and others so you could increase the amount that you could take out. But then again, with IP addresses they can keep tabs on you.
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
May 02, 2018, 02:30:03 AM
For me, i think when it comes of transaction then i can say that bitcoin is not anonymous still the address is in your history transaction. Being anonymous of bitcoin is that the price fluctuation and being decentralized that what i called anonymous. Even government in every country cannot controlled or manipulated of what bitcoin it is, even its value oe whatever may be, bitcoin cannot control by any government.
Activity: 504
May 02, 2018, 02:26:27 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

It is somehow anonymous because no one is really the CEO of it or no company is regulating it. It is simply circulating around the internet and was born of having value. I believe the significant amounts go to the transaction fees of whichever shop or online stores you are dealing with.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 01:40:32 AM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, and everyone can see that the transaction is on the chain, and the conversion of your account to legal or transfer to someone or even to bitcoin purchases is traceable.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
May 02, 2018, 01:33:19 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

What does it mean? you already answer yourself because most of the exchange requires KYC if you want to put money or transact with a large fund, so if you have put money in exchager for fiat then it is not anonym but if you transact through wallet that does not require KYC then it anonym , but some say that ip address for transact can be tracked but it's true or not I do not know because we can use a fake ip address.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg
May 02, 2018, 01:08:23 AM
I do believe it is anonymous. It will only become traceable if you should give your name and other personal details in a KYC procedure. I heard so many thing about hackers but have not heard their real identities being known.
Activity: 196
May 01, 2018, 07:32:59 PM

It's just a tool, if you want to keep anonymity, you can do it, if you don't care about it, you can be found.
Activity: 36
May 01, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
How can anonymously be something that can be publicly tracked? All transaction information is displayed in a blockchain. Bitcoin is less anonymous than the US dollar, but when used correctly, bitcoin can be completely anonymous
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 02:50:45 PM
As I understand it, Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, transactions over the Bitcoin network are completely transparent and traceable by anyone.
Activity: 155
Merit: 16
May 01, 2018, 02:47:36 PM
It is not anonymous, every transaction is tracked and anyone can look at it.  If you can attach a bitcoin address to someone then you can see every single person who ever sent that address bitcoin.  So I guess in a way it's anonymous, but still completely tracked.  You couldn't really access your bitcoin realistically without at least someone knowing your details.
Activity: 629
Merit: 252
May 01, 2018, 01:54:38 PM

It is anonymus in some way cause every transaction is possible to be seen by everyone and if you know someones number (like acc number in banks) you are possible to "follow" that person.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
May 01, 2018, 11:58:49 AM
Yes Bitcoin is indeed an anonymous service for investing in your identity secretly anonymously to travel around the stock market or to send money to any point in the world at any point in the world to transfer high or small amounts quickly and quickly I think it's a crypto currency
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
May 01, 2018, 11:50:30 AM

You cannot be rich that fast within just 4 to 5 weeks, huge profits require's huge investments as well, if you are planning to earn more profit in the future then just focus on trading in the market because you can earn cryptocurrency monthly or daily if you will stay trading.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 11:42:08 AM
There are 3 reasons why Bitcoin is considered anonymous:

1. bit-address addresses are not tied to the identity of users at the protocol level.
2. transactions are also not tied to the identity of users.
3. Bitcoin's transaction information is transmitted by randomly selected P2P network nodes.
Activity: 378
April 29, 2018, 06:03:21 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous but if a store like amazon will allow a cryptocurrency paymenth method then there will be more requirement like your name, email etc, its because amazon is a business and they need your details since you are a customer.
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
April 29, 2018, 05:48:14 PM
Short answer is no. Although Bitcoin does not request any personal information, the address of your wallet is accessible to anyone. If I know the address of another person's Bitcoin wallet, then I can find out about all the transactions.
Activity: 57
April 29, 2018, 06:22:48 AM

No, Bitcoin is not anonymous, I think it is pseudo anonymous, but it is vey secure.
Pages:
Jump to: