Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 6. (Read 2002 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
May 16, 2018, 05:00:12 AM
If you open your wallet only via a VPN, using ToR it will be very difficult for anyone to track you down.

However, the moment you deal with an honest exchange, all your secrets are exposed because you are properly identified by the exchange.

Activity: 86
Merit: 4
May 16, 2018, 04:55:44 AM
I agree to you to some extent, it is not completely anonymous. Government or banks can easily trace it based on transfers done to and from the exchange.
There is a level of anonymity which is quite high, but still, there were cases in which such anonymity didn't really work..
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 04:49:26 AM
This isn't really anything to do with the currency, it's more a question of how anonymous the internet is; but, it is the key question regarding BTC vs XMR.

How big an issue it will be to our customers is unknown. To your average Indian merchant, it's probably not an issue; you can de-anonymize big transactions but your average ham-n-egger will slip through. Chinese whales need to pay attention.
Activity: 48
May 16, 2018, 04:25:15 AM
Bitcoin provides some anonymity but it’s up to bitcoiners where they want to be on the spectrum from fully anonymous to fully identified.

Bitcoin transactions provide some clues which could be combined with other information to de-anonymize a user if they are not careful.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
May 16, 2018, 03:34:54 AM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
I think bitcoin is not anonymous at all. Because almost all of the people all over the world knows bitcoin now. Bitcoin was so popular nowadays so its not anonymous anymore and no suprise. Bitcoin was all over the world we must study more about bitcoin so can understand it
I think that the only thing that they are trying to point out is, the feature of bitcoin if it is really anonymous which is a no for me because it is more on like semi-anonymous since they can see your transactions and also the history of your wallet which makes me feel like i am not anonymous and the thing that makes it look like an anonymous is the untraceable feature of bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 11:22:48 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I think bitcoin is not anonymous at all. Because almost all of the people all over the world knows bitcoin now. Bitcoin was so popular nowadays so its not anonymous anymore and no suprise. Bitcoin was all over the world we must study more about bitcoin so can understand it
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data
May 15, 2018, 09:20:48 PM
Since I started joining bitcoin to invest last year. I think it is not anonymous anymore because as I see more people and some company that I see here in my country are now using bitcoin they totally now how it works it some people who has a big interest into it. Knowing that I have some few knowledge about it we can't say that it is still anonymous.
Activity: 274
May 15, 2018, 07:19:33 PM
Its not completely anonymous, but pseudoanonymous one.. every transactions on bitcoin is registered on a ledger called the blockchain. On blockchain, only the bitcoin address and amount of bitcoin that was received or sent can been seen, but not the personal information of the sender or receiver (such as name, age, etc). However, every transactions made are publicized to the entire bitcoin network.
We couldnt say that bitcoin is really an anonymous because we have a little idea how bitcoin works but however we dont who bitcoin really is . If she is a founder or a group of people.
Activity: 226
May 15, 2018, 04:37:26 PM
Short answer is no. Although Bitcoin does not request any personal information, the address of your wallet is accessible to anyone. If I know the address of another person's Bitcoin wallet, then I can find out about all the transactions.
Activity: 29
May 15, 2018, 04:32:02 PM
When you make a transaction there is just your address and the amount of bitcoin showed in the network, nothing like your private information, phone number etc. for the security reasons.

Bitcoin is not anonymous and can not provide the same level of privacy as cash. The use of Bitcoin requires extensive public listing. There are various mechanisms to protect user privacy, and more are being developed. Bitcoin can not be more anonymous than cash and will not complicate the procurement of criminal investigations when necessary.
Activity: 53
May 15, 2018, 02:53:54 PM
Bitcoin is anonymous until nobody connects you with your bitcoin address. In that moment, all your transaction will be exposed.
Out to use multiple addresses, the best idea is to use a scramble.
In this case, it will be very difficult to catch you.

Bitcoin is designed to allow users to send and receive payments with a sufficient level of privacy as well as other forms of money. However, Bitcoin is not anonymous and can not provide the same level of privacy as cash. The use of Bitcoin requires extensive public listing. There are various mechanisms to protect user privacy, and more are being developed. However, there is still work to be done before these features can be used correctly by most Bitcoin users.
Some concerns have arisen regarding personal transactions may be used for illegal use by using Bitcoin. However, it should be noted that Bitcoin will be part of the existing rules of the financial system. Bitcoin can not be more anonymous than cash and will not complicate the procurement of criminal investigations when necessary. In addition, Bitcoin is also designed to prevent financial crime in large numbers.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
May 15, 2018, 08:43:48 AM
Bitcoin is not anonymous, every transactions on bitcoin is registered on a ledger called the blockchain. And with blockchain that Btc can apply a lot in life. Other people may check your wallet or your balance.But they can not know who you are or where you are.
Activity: 267
Merit: 101
May 15, 2018, 07:56:49 AM
When you make a transaction there is just your address and the amount of bitcoin showed in the network, nothing like your private information, phone number etc. for the security reasons.
Activity: 392
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 11, 2018, 10:38:31 AM
Yes. Today they are still coin holders who hold them anonymously. Since the time of issuing BTC is not able to confirm the identity of holders, and now they are widely circulated on the market. There can not be any KYC users anymore.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 09, 2018, 05:45:10 PM
Yes it is true, there is no doubt that bitcoin is 100% anonymous, we can easily send bitcoins without our identity, everybody will find it difficult to track bitcoins because 1 wallet account in coinbase or xapo can create unlimited wallets.
Bitcoin is not anonymous that is a mistake that some people make, it is true that you can create a wallet without giving your name or personal information to anyone, but if at some point you want to withdraw your coins and exchange them for fiat you will likely need to do that in an exchange and you will have to give your name and all kind of information that will identify you.

Bitcoin is actually anonymous, but this is not a 100% identity hiding in the blockchain. Others can easily track your transactions and they can find the transaction enter-exit points if they spend time on this.

For total anonimity, you need something like Monero.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
May 09, 2018, 05:34:08 PM
Yes it is true, there is no doubt that bitcoin is 100% anonymous, we can easily send bitcoins without our identity, everybody will find it difficult to track bitcoins because 1 wallet account in coinbase or xapo can create unlimited wallets.
Bitcoin is not anonymous that is a mistake that some people make, it is true that you can create a wallet without giving your name or personal information to anyone, but if at some point you want to withdraw your coins and exchange them for fiat you will likely need to do that in an exchange and you will have to give your name and all kind of information that will identify you.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
May 09, 2018, 01:27:04 AM

For me, just learn how to earn money from trading in digital currency then to think other than that. That's for your own benefit. Learn to forecast and to read candle graph so that so will have ideas and make plans out of it and with that, you will be effective traders.
Activity: 238
May 08, 2018, 11:35:31 PM
Even if users use different pseudonyms, it is still possible to identify which deals are from the same person. It is not clear, however, that it is possible to reveal the IP address behind each transaction. It's not completely anonymous, it's pseudonymous.
Activity: 210
May 08, 2018, 11:02:49 PM
unlike bank accounts and other payment systems, the Bitcoin Address is not bound by the user identity at the protocol level. Anyone can create a new and completely random (and including private key) Bitcoin address at any time, without the need to submit any personal information to anyone.
Activity: 65
May 08, 2018, 11:02:12 PM

yes, I think bitcoin is anonymous. It is secure. Your identity cannot be tracked. So, it is very safe.
Pages:
Jump to: