Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 56. (Read 90086 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 17, 2016, 10:14:15 AM
Bitcoin in general is not the safest investment, There is a risk of devaluation in value and the same amount of bitcoin worth less after a period of time "there is also a possibility of profit", also you should take computer security very seriously since the computer would equal money.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
February 17, 2016, 08:24:23 AM
I think it is safe, and many people use it. So I think it must be safe.
I hope later that it will be more worth later, and that many people will use it later.
Activity: 350
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 17, 2016, 07:38:39 AM
I'm afraid that if they want, the government can freeze your assets whenever they want.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 17, 2016, 07:37:56 AM
bitcoin is relatively safe, in the long term, don't look at the short term, plenty of manipulation going one, bitcoin need still plenty of time to grow

when everything about its problems will be settled, i beliave you will see the real usage of it, big merchants are waiting that after all, no reason for them to not accept bitcoin

I wouldn't say bitcoin is safe in the long term. Imagine someone bought bitcoins at 1000$ and after a few years they find out the price is at 300$, do you consider that safe? Of course not because it's not.

I think it will be safe for a long term, you just need to be patient.
The halving is also coming it will create a huge boost.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
February 17, 2016, 07:35:49 AM
I think Bitcoin is very safe. I hope later that it will becoming more popular.
And that many people will use it later in the future.
Activity: 37
February 17, 2016, 07:12:07 AM
Bitcoin is very safe i believe if you keep your computer clean of viruses then there should be no way of anyone stealing your coins from your desktop wallet..

For extra safety you could use a bitcoin paper wallet and store it in a safety deposit box or buy a safe to keep it in.

The bitcoin it self is very safe, you just need a cold wallet or something.
Its the best way to have a cold so nothing can happen with your bitcoins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 17, 2016, 06:48:55 AM
Yes, the bitcoin is one of the safest payments there is available globally because of the security and because it is untraceable.
Its also fast, the only thing you need is multiple wallets so you don't lose everything at once if you get hacked.
Yes what you said is true. But I think that many people dont know how secure Bitcoin is, they underestimated it, and that is bad.
Many people use Bitcoin very much, so it must be safe and it works very well. So why it is not so safe.
Activity: 280
February 17, 2016, 04:46:25 AM
Yes, the bitcoin is one of the safest payments there is available globally because of the security and because it is untraceable.
Its also fast, the only thing you need is multiple wallets so you don't lose everything at once if you get hacked.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 17, 2016, 04:40:43 AM
And even many companies use Bitcoin as well.
The companies functioning because of bitcoin are using it ,not a lot of main stream one's use it though.

The online wallets its not so safe I think. It is easy to use, but there is a chance that you can be hacked. 
The disks could collapse either,it depends on the users precautionary measures.

Your bitoin will be safe if your password is not the same as other account password you should need a unique password that you can't forget it...
If you dont save the keys then you dont own the bitcoins.
Activity: 350
February 17, 2016, 04:35:25 AM
Bitcoin is ofcourse safe. Many people around the world use Bitcoin very much. And even many companies use Bitcoin as well.
The online wallets its not so safe I think. It is easy to use, but there is a chance that you can be hacked. 
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
February 17, 2016, 04:33:02 AM
Your bitoin will be safe if your password is not the same as other account password you should need a unique password that you can't forget it...
Also its safe if you don't share the password to other and make sure always use anti virus to prevent your computer for monitoring and hijacking..
Also make sure always check the url first before you sign in or login...
If you do this all your bitcoin will be safe...
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
February 17, 2016, 04:24:33 AM
Bitcoin in itself is safe. What makes it insecure is the way the user holds it and uses it. The protocol can be attacked in some ways (just like that annoying malleability attack) but on wallets, I think it's the user's fault and not bitcoin.

It is the vulnability of the computer systems, not the Bitcoin itself. If you download a virus, it will control your computer.

You can even use paper storage to avoid having them on a computer at all. it is very important to secure and back up your bitcoin wallet.
Bitcoin wallets come in a variety of forms. There are five main types of wallet like desktop, mobile, web, paper and hardware and best choice of yours to secure your bitcoins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
February 17, 2016, 03:20:35 AM
Bitcoin in itself is safe. What makes it insecure is the way the user holds it and uses it. The protocol can be attacked in some ways (just like that annoying malleability attack) but on wallets, I think it's the user's fault and not bitcoin.

It is the vulnability of the computer systems, not the Bitcoin itself. If you download a virus, it will control your computer.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 16, 2016, 12:56:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
February 16, 2016, 05:33:28 AM
Bitcoin is not 100% secure..
You know yourself that bitcoin prices are very volatile,
may in some time you decrease the value of your money quickly.

Yes it is not 100% sure but same with other online money that you store in your different storing website accounts. Internet is very highly risky because many people now are getting more intelligent on how to hack different websites. Even your vault in a vault with a lock in your house is not safe at all. Where is the safest place now? None.
Activity: 4
February 16, 2016, 05:22:52 AM
Bitcoin is not 100% secure..
You know yourself that bitcoin prices are very volatile,
may in some time you decrease the value of your money quickly.

The bitcoin it self is very safe for sure, but if you look at online wallets is less much safe this is because online wallets can be hacked.
You can create a paper wallet or use a wallet from the blockchain and make sure you will use multiple wallets.

Online wallets or exchanges of bitcoin is not very safe. Somebody in the service can steal the coins from you.

Yeah, vulnerable to hacker attacks..
Activity: 392
February 16, 2016, 05:21:49 AM
The bitcoin it self is very safe for sure, but if you look at online wallets is less much safe this is because online wallets can be hacked.
You can create a paper wallet or use a wallet from the blockchain and make sure you will use multiple wallets.

Online wallets or exchanges of bitcoin is not very safe. Somebody in the service can steal the coins from you.

Well the principle is simple. If you don't have your private keys, you own nothing!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
February 16, 2016, 04:44:08 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
February 16, 2016, 04:26:50 AM
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
February 16, 2016, 04:06:49 AM
I store all my bitcoin in my home computer wallets, not the online web wallet. I think it is much safer.

That would be safe.. specially if the computer itself is clean and never been infected, so no need to worry about coins that you store there.. bitcoin is safe when wallet is not always connected to internet..  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: