Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 67. (Read 90086 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 27, 2016, 02:37:45 PM
Anything that is subject to market fluctuations like bitcoin is, isn't "safe" as is. Bitcoin is a "moment investment" for me. Buy/Sell.... and don't keep too much.

Agree 200% with this!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 27, 2016, 02:23:43 PM
Bitcoin is totally safe if you are talking about security and hacking related stuff, but if you are talking about invest in bitcoin , there is no investment without a risk. there is a risk in bitcoin because we are still early adopters even after 7 years from creating BTC, unstable prices can cause you big loss or huge profits
Activity: 476
January 27, 2016, 12:05:33 PM
Bitcoin is very safe, its safe because its untraceable plus its secure.
I really like that bitcoin is secured, so it can not be stolen so fast.
But you have to watch out of course you never know what could happen.
Activity: 420
January 27, 2016, 11:34:21 AM
I think bitcoin is safe, because so many people use it. and it is also international.
So it must be good I think.

Otherwise it is not as popular and widely used.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
January 27, 2016, 09:14:32 AM
Anything that is subject to market fluctuations like bitcoin is, isn't "safe" as is. Bitcoin is a "moment investment" for me. Buy/Sell.... and don't keep too much.
Activity: 420
January 27, 2016, 09:10:40 AM
Nothing that you invest in is safe
There are always risks involved, losing is one of the biggest one

I think of course Bitcoin is safe. Do you know how many people have Bitcoin.
But I agree with you that it is a risk. but that is always the case when you gamble.
Activity: 126
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
January 09, 2016, 05:04:26 AM
Nothing in this world is safe but with bitcoin you are able to invest as well as safe money into it as well.
The bitcoin market seems to be very unpredictable so it's not safe at all.

The bitcoin price is too volatile for it to be a safe short term investment. For long term, there is no problem.
Activity: 462
January 08, 2016, 11:09:34 AM
The old question is bitcoin safe? No. Bitcoin is never safe.
What you can do is just save maybe 2 bitcoin and just wait the other bitcoin you can trade is to earn money with it.
Let just say that we can never know what will happen in the future maybe go down or go up.

No investment out there is safe, neither is bitcoin.
It might feel safe to some people because the risks they take might be limited.

Well is save if you can afford to lose your money is like gambling for me the bitcoin world.
If you are saving for a high increase so that will be it right.
That is always have been safe it my mind.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
January 08, 2016, 08:52:11 AM
Nothing that you invest in is safe
There are always risks involved, losing is one of the biggest one
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
January 08, 2016, 08:22:23 AM
I think is just safe if you have a cold wallet and just have 1 bitcoin in there and just wait for the future if you not planning to make bitcoin your hobby I think that would be safe. But trading with bitcoin you can make profit with it.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
January 08, 2016, 07:30:06 AM
Nothing in this world is safe but with bitcoin you are able to invest as well as safe money into it as well.
The bitcoin market seems to be very unpredictable so it's not safe at all.
Activity: 406
January 08, 2016, 07:16:00 AM
What you can do is just save maybe 2 bitcoin and just wait the other bitcoin you can trade is to earn money with it.
Let just say that we can never know what will happen in the future maybe go down or go up.

No investment out there is safe, neither is bitcoin.
It might feel safe to some people because the risks they take might be limited.
Activity: 280
January 08, 2016, 05:43:57 AM
Keeping your bitcoins safe is totally up to you.
It's up to you to keep it safe from any harm, so don't keep all your assets that you buy in bitcoin,
on a online wallet.
Activity: 462
January 08, 2016, 05:41:45 AM
Activity: 126
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
January 08, 2016, 05:20:55 AM
As of know, Bitcoins are as safe as fiat, stocks, gold or any other types og assets. As allways, you need to be safe about your assets: allways use a logical approach.
which makes it not safe is the fluctuation, because anytime bitcoin prices can change up or down,
This is different from fiat money

The Bitcoin price is too volatile, the volatility is much bigger than gold or US dollar. So it is difficulty to treat it as safe investment.
Activity: 476
January 06, 2016, 11:11:39 PM
Yes it is really safe.
It depends on the bitcoin wallet that you are using.

it depend more on the user that use the wallet, not on the wallet, itself, every wallet with any secure hole, is safe

but the user knowledges is what put at risk your coins most of the time
yes true all the security is depends on you.. wallet gives you the freedom to choose a suitable security to your own
if me I prefer to verify sms
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 06, 2016, 03:30:52 PM
it depend more ont he user that use the wallet, not on the wallet, itself, every wallet with any secure hole, is safe

All wallet are easy to use and secure but the reason someone's bitcoin could be hacked is that the person downloaded a malware that affect the wallet. Most of this malware are not detectable unless you use a premium antivirus to counter it, so knowledge is not really the thing but an expensive antivirus is the key

it's what i'm saying unless you use a trezor, every other device, is susceptible to infection, if used on a infected machine

i never heard of a user losing his coins, because of a hole in the client or whatever, and if it happened, it was an isolated case

99% of the time it's a malware/virus/rootkit etc...
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
January 06, 2016, 01:26:06 PM
Yes it is really safe.
It depends on the bitcoin wallet that you are using.

it depend more on the user that use the wallet, not on the wallet, itself, every wallet with any secure hole, is safe

\yes it is true, all bitcoin safe if kept in a good place, but it all depends on how to use your wallet, if you use a password that is easy to guess, maybe it's not safe to keep it in your wallet despite the very nice and tight security
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
January 06, 2016, 10:37:26 AM
it depend more ont he user that use the wallet, not on the wallet, itself, every wallet with any secure hole, is safe

All wallet are easy to use and secure but the reason someone's bitcoin could be hacked is that the person downloaded a malware that affect the wallet. Most of this malware are not detectable unless you use a premium antivirus to counter it, so knowledge is not really the thing but an expensive antivirus is the key
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 06, 2016, 10:29:37 AM
Bitcoin is always safe. But many people are missing their actions towards securing their wallet and allowing the hackers to access their wallets and blaming bitcoin ecosystem. As long as you keep your wallets safely, bitcoin will remain safer for you.

the safety wallet for me is hardware wallet and paperwallet, also bitcoin QT wallet ( must use strong passphare/pasword, and back up it) some people use online wallet service, and they are not know if online wallet can shutdown his service, or online wallet can acces his bitcoin then our bitcoin stolen and lost it

and i believe BItcoin is safe

Yes i agree with you. Bitcoin is safe if you save your bitcoin into hardware wallet or paperwallet, because if you have big amount of bitcoin and you save it on online wallet. it's a bit risky imo.

Even with smaller amounts or any amount of bitcoins, its still not secure to store it on an online/web based wallet. Its really risky coz if something happened bad with the site, your bitcoins there will be affected. Just store it on a cold storage to be safer.

i think we need online service like blockchain.info , coinbase.com , because we can acces our wallet in more platform , we need only browser + internet acces to acces online wallet, and i think save some satosi (maybe arround 0.1btc) is still safe
Pages:
Jump to: