Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 70. (Read 90086 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 21, 2015, 12:08:08 PM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

I don't think there's any authority available who can freeze any of your Bitcoins, unless you showcase them your coins to just seal them...
Bitcoins are meant to be used without anyone's prohibition, which is why it is decentralized...

That's right. That's why you need a proper password for your wallet files. And you could even encrypt your wallet file afterwards, to add a second layer of protection. If all that is done, no one can steal your Bitcoins or do whatever they want with them without your passwords. You are the boss.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 21, 2015, 10:32:37 AM
Nothing is safe for investments especially in the internet. You should not invest all your assets in one place. Invest what you can afford to lose. If it goes right then good but if not then you would not lose it all.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
December 21, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

Bitcoin is a safe in term of definition and process of transactions behind.
When you talking about investment posibility it`s not safe to put all your assets in Bitcoins. This will be no wise. Do not put all your eggs to one basket.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
December 21, 2015, 10:21:26 AM

I don't think there's any authority available who can freeze any of your Bitcoins, unless you showcase them your coins to just seal them...
Bitcoins are meant to be used without anyone's prohibition, which is why it is decentralized...
Activity: 224
December 21, 2015, 09:56:32 AM
Yes.
It is really safe.
You won't easily lose your money.
Yes true but if you put your bitcoin in the wrong place you will easily lose bitcoin. Cheesy
For example you save bitcoin in online wallet, it is the wrong way because your wallet not entirely safe. Cheesy

This is true, but it's your responsibility to keep it save. If something happens to your bitcoins and you had it saved on a cold wallet and something happens to it, it will be on you. You can't put the blame on someone else in this case.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 21, 2015, 09:01:00 AM

This is decentralization, you are the owner of your bank, no one can freeze all of your money
you have to increase your security to access your address because your address is your bank if someone can access your address so you lost your money.....

Activity: 126
December 21, 2015, 07:32:30 AM
Yes.
It is really safe.

Lol, it's not safe to buy Bitcoins right now since the price is going down so rapidly.

Well bitcoin is maybe going down for now,but I am sure that this price is still good. Maybe is kinda low, but for me is good for now that is around 400 dollars above. If it was lower than is time to buy, for now this price is good to trade and just to buy and hold for 2016.
And true that bitcoin is never safe, the safest what you can do is buy 1 bitcoin and hold in 10 years.
Precisely.
I think in the future, the price of bitcoin will be good.
Just wait til the right time comes.
Then dispose all your bitcoin when the price is much higher.
Activity: 644
December 21, 2015, 06:15:24 AM
Nothing is 100% safe, not even Bitcoin. It's the safest when you are spending it.  Wink

Yep you are right. First people should believe that Bitcoin has potential then it ll be safe and it’s a potential money as well. After people start believing only fiat currencies are came into the world to exchange the commodity for fiat currency.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 21, 2015, 04:40:17 AM
Yes.
It is really safe.

Lol, it's not safe to buy Bitcoins right now since the price is going down so rapidly.

it does not matter, because in the long term, the price will probably go high again, and with probably i mean that the chances are against the falling

so buying now for dumping at 1k, while we fall at 350 it will not put any dent on your buying
Activity: 994
December 21, 2015, 04:14:46 AM
Yes.
It is really safe.

Well bitcoin is maybe going down for now,but I am sure that this price is still good. Maybe is kinda low, but for me is good for now that is around 400 dollars above. If it was lower than is time to buy, for now this price is good to trade and just to buy and hold for 2016.
And true that bitcoin is never safe, the safest what you can do is buy 1 bitcoin and hold in 10 years.
December 21, 2015, 02:00:43 AM
Nothing is 100% safe, not even Bitcoin. It's the safest when you are spending it.  Wink

Yup you are right. People investing on bitcoin, Just think about your safety and then invest on your right choice. If invest through fiat currencies also we can find problematic business are there, So think and do your business before investing.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 20, 2015, 10:34:25 PM
Yes.
It is really safe.

Activity: 126
December 17, 2015, 08:24:20 AM
Yes.
It is really safe.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 17, 2015, 07:30:17 AM
It is not as safe as most of the people believe, see here:

Is your bitcoin safe in cold wallet?

Besides a protocol change, I have seen people who downloaded fake multibit wallet and get their coins emptied, and who can guarantee the bitcoin.org site you used to download your bitcoin is not a fake one?

Currently there are not so many hackers hacking websites since they basically worth nothing, but bitcoin websites are really worth hacking so I'm not surprised to see more and more fake clients and services

thos point was already debunked, consensus agreement is still stronger than any other form of decision

fake multibit downloading it's only newbie fault, i don't see a problem related to bitcoin there, it's like someone click on a pishing mail that take your bank account data and wipe out everything...
Activity: 700
December 17, 2015, 05:55:15 AM
Bitcoin is quite safe now. The last low was about 200 USD. Which should mean you have some kind of security.

Putting all your assets on 1 horse is never a good idea. Try to diversify your investments in bitcons, gold or even stocks.
This way you can never lose 100%

If Bitcoin goes to $200 again, a lot of people would be very worried. I don't think we are going to see this anytime soon. we are more likely to see Bitcoin's price at $600 compared to $200.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 17, 2015, 05:50:30 AM
Of course it, if you mean that you won't lose your money. Bitcoin is now starting to rise and I doubt it will fall anytime soon. It is stabilising around $450 and when halving comes, the price is going to sky rocket.

Maybe it won't fall just like that, but it can go to 300 or 250 dollar again. That is good for me so that I can buy it more.
For some people is not good to buy that low, because is not good for the system so yeah. I will just say this Bitcoin is never safe.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 17, 2015, 01:09:12 AM
Of course it, if you mean that you won't lose your money. Bitcoin is now starting to rise and I doubt it will fall anytime soon. It is stabilising around $450 and when halving comes, the price is going to sky rocket.
December 17, 2015, 12:42:05 AM
Why not safety! Its upto our responsibility We only maintain the security setings and privacy settiing vibrantly and Two factor authentication. Then obviously safety will there in bitcoin and its savings. find a good way keep it safe.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
December 17, 2015, 12:31:18 AM
It is not as safe as most of the people believe, see here:

Is your bitcoin safe in cold wallet?

Besides a protocol change, I have seen people who downloaded fake multibit wallet and get their coins emptied, and who can guarantee the bitcoin.org site you used to download your bitcoin is not a fake one?

Currently there are not so many hackers hacking websites since they basically worth nothing, but bitcoin websites are really worth hacking so I'm not surprised to see more and more fake clients and services
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
December 16, 2015, 06:56:53 AM
I agree dividing your investments is the way to go.

It makes no logic sense to go all-in with bitcoin. Since there interest is really low these days, try to do some research on stocks, bonds etc.
It will be worth your while.. i can assure that.
Pages:
Jump to: