Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 68. (Read 90086 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2016, 09:20:06 AM
As of know, Bitcoins are as safe as fiat, stocks, gold or any other types og assets. As allways, you need to be safe about your assets: allways use a logical approach.
Bitcoin is not only as safe as fiat,gold stocks etc but safest among all type of currency if you don't store your private key online. Bitcoin is also more transparent that other types of assets.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
January 06, 2016, 07:19:19 AM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

They need some kind of paper, and they need an order from president...Man if they wish to fuck u they will do it for sure. What is safe today, about what safty we can talk today? About the one if u listen your governmant and u do everything they say, and dont thing with your head then u will be safe for sure.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 06, 2016, 06:41:52 AM
As of know, Bitcoins are as safe as fiat, stocks, gold or any other types og assets. As allways, you need to be safe about your assets: allways use a logical approach.
which makes it not safe is the fluctuation, because anytime bitcoin prices can change up or down,
This is different from fiat money
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 06, 2016, 04:19:17 AM
Yes it is really safe.
It depends on the bitcoin wallet that you are using.

it depend more on the user that use the wallet, not on the wallet, itself, every wallet with any secure hole, is safe

but the user knowledges is what put at risk your coins most of the time
Activity: 644
January 06, 2016, 02:52:59 AM
Yes. I believe that it is very safe. I haven't lost anything. Just be careful and you will be fine.

Bitcoin is always safe only If it is wallet or transaction what ever it is. the thing is How we are giving the security preference. We have safe guard our things from scammers. Escrow we have keep all kind of transactions.We have to follow these kind of things to make us secure.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 05, 2016, 08:50:43 PM
Yes it is really safe.
It depends on the bitcoin wallet that you are using.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 05, 2016, 06:20:21 AM
Definitely not ,Bitcoin is too unstable to even compere it with the fiats and neither it is safe from hacks and all that if large mounts get into play.
Even hard drives gets collapsed sometimes ,but i dont think any country will freeze your coins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
January 05, 2016, 06:17:04 AM
Yes. I believe that it is very safe. I haven't lost anything. Just be careful and you will be fine.
Activity: 546
January 05, 2016, 05:03:04 AM
Bitcoin is always safe. But many people are missing their actions towards securing their wallet and allowing the hackers to access their wallets and blaming bitcoin ecosystem. As long as you keep your wallets safely, bitcoin will remain safer for you.

the safety wallet for me is hardware wallet and paperwallet, also bitcoin QT wallet ( must use strong passphare/pasword, and back up it) some people use online wallet service, and they are not know if online wallet can shutdown his service, or online wallet can acces his bitcoin then our bitcoin stolen and lost it

and i believe BItcoin is safe

Yes i agree with you. Bitcoin is safe if you save your bitcoin into hardware wallet or paperwallet, because if you have big amount of bitcoin and you save it on online wallet. it's a bit risky imo.

Even with smaller amounts or any amount of bitcoins, its still not secure to store it on an online/web based wallet. Its really risky coz if something happened bad with the site, your bitcoins there will be affected. Just store it on a cold storage to be safer.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 05, 2016, 04:30:00 AM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
January 05, 2016, 04:25:19 AM
Bitcoin is always safe. But many people are missing their actions towards securing their wallet and allowing the hackers to access their wallets and blaming bitcoin ecosystem. As long as you keep your wallets safely, bitcoin will remain safer for you.

the safety wallet for me is hardware wallet and paperwallet, also bitcoin QT wallet ( must use strong passphare/pasword, and back up it) some people use online wallet service, and they are not know if online wallet can shutdown his service, or online wallet can acces his bitcoin then our bitcoin stolen and lost it

Yes i agree with you. Bitcoin is safe if you save your bitcoin into hardware wallet or paperwallet, because if you have big amount of bitcoin and you save it on online wallet. it's a bit risky imo.

Yes as long as the universe and solar system are safe, we not to worry about the safety of bitcoin ecosystem.
Because, it would take millions of years to crack down the algorithms of bitcoin ecosystem. So, there is no point in worrying about the safety of bitcoin.
Activity: 62
January 05, 2016, 03:43:04 AM
Yes, bitcoin is safe. I think it is way for safe than credit cards. it cant be carded. The problem is with people. they need to stop using weak passwords. if you want to exchange all your money into bitcoin, I prefer you save it in cold storage. many online wallet provider's can't be trusted. Dont use the same e-mail and password on different sites, include symbols in your password. im shocked that in this era, people still dont know how to pick a strong password. all the passwords that I cracked dont have symbols in them. I know its to remember all of them, I store all of them in a offline storage and encrypt it with a strong password. I trust bitgo for handling my online wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
January 05, 2016, 01:43:08 AM

Bitcoin is safe to use it as a currency for money transfer or to spend for daily needs through online. But need to secure our wallets with a strong encryption. Without securing our wallet cannot expect the safety of bitcoin ecosystem. So the safety of bitcoin is within us.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 05, 2016, 01:14:06 AM

Activity: 672
January 05, 2016, 12:22:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
January 05, 2016, 12:20:48 AM

Yes basically bitcoin must be very much safe from any hackers or any kind of Trojan or virus. But we need to take some necessary steps to protect our hard-earned bitcoin like storing them in cold storage wallets and protecting our wallets with the lengthy passwords.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
January 05, 2016, 12:01:05 AM
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
January 04, 2016, 12:27:44 PM
Of course Bitcoin isn't safe, you'd be crazy to liquidate your assets and dump the money into Bitcoin. Just ask yourself how you would feel if you wake up one morning only to find that your 2 mil is now worth 700k  Cheesy However if you're operating an illegal and highly profitable business then funneling your profits into Bitcoin is not such a bad idea, the government doesn't yet have the proper system in place to deal with that type of money laundering  Wink

The governments might not have such a system to deal with bitcoin money laundering, but if it wants, it will catch you.

Obviously, like it happened to silk road but OP is asking about safety in terms of stability which we all know is very low. Bitcoin has the possibility of becoming one of the most popular currencies in the world but can also fall down and be at 0$ the volatility is just too high at this moment to know which one will happen.
Activity: 95
January 04, 2016, 12:20:54 PM
Of course Bitcoin isn't safe, you'd be crazy to liquidate your assets and dump the money into Bitcoin. Just ask yourself how you would feel if you wake up one morning only to find that your 2 mil is now worth 700k  Cheesy However if you're operating an illegal and highly profitable business then funneling your profits into Bitcoin is not such a bad idea, the government doesn't yet have the proper system in place to deal with that type of money laundering  Wink
I can only go up at this point to be honest. Right now it's pretty crazy that we are still at 3 figures, slowly everyone is realizing how undervalued Bitcoin is, its marketcap is minuscule, something like Uber has 10 times more billions... look at the potential.

It will take several decades for bitcoin to be popular in the world and infrastructure to be built. So Just be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
January 02, 2016, 11:20:45 PM
I can only go up at this point to be honest. Right now it's pretty crazy that we are still at 3 figures, slowly everyone is realizing how undervalued Bitcoin is, its marketcap is minuscule, something like Uber has 10 times more billions... look at the potential.
Pages:
Jump to: