Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 72. (Read 90086 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
December 14, 2015, 08:28:34 AM
safe as long as you keep your wallet clean from viruses.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 14, 2015, 08:14:00 AM
Bitcoin is never safe, is just safe if you collect some and wait in the future.
Because bitcoin will just increase in the future so you will make a lot of profit.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
December 14, 2015, 06:33:16 AM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

50% is the max bitcoin you should have, you don't want bitcoin crashing and losing everything. Also I keep my BTC online exchange like bittrex, coinbase etc, I never trust myself even if its cold wallet. Smiley

Storing bitcoins in online exchanges is possibly the worst thing you can do. They can become mt-gox 2.0 at any moment or they can be hacked and you could lose all your bitcoins, the better ways is to keep them on your wallet or paper wallet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 10, 2015, 08:41:21 PM
I think its not safe enough.
its safer If you do exchange BTC into your country currency to buy goods. or purchase goods with BTC
Activity: 322
December 10, 2015, 11:21:46 AM
Nothing is safe. Money isn't safe. However, we can try to make it safe. In terms of Bitcoin, avoid using an online wallet. Opt for an offline wallet or even go for cold storage. Use a trusted escrow when trading things involving Bitcoin.

This is true. You can only try to keep it as safe as possible. If you're talking as in safe for an investment, it's not. It's really unpredictable to invest into bitcoin.
I do it because I believe bitcoin will benefit me in the long run.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
December 10, 2015, 10:19:55 AM
Bitcoin is only safe if you are careful enought that people won't scame you.
In other way bitcoins is not 100% safe.
Activity: 481
December 10, 2015, 10:11:10 AM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

50% is the max bitcoin you should have, you don't want bitcoin crashing and losing everything. Also I keep my BTC online exchange like bittrex, coinbase etc, I never trust myself even if its cold wallet. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 10, 2015, 03:53:34 AM
Bitcoin is only as safe as you are. If you keep yourself from viruses, it's virtually impossible to lose your coins. Governments cannot take your money unless they raid your house, as they have no control over your funds, unlike banks. Stay safe from malware, and you're safe from everything besides trickery. Stay away from risky deals, and you're totally safe, until quantum computers come out and break bitcoin and our beloved blockchain.
Quantum computing breaks ECDSA and thus breaking Bitcoin public key and revealing private key. SHA256 isn't broken. It's simple to solve this, just avoid reusing address. It can take up to weeks for quantum computing to break ECDSA.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 10, 2015, 03:30:26 AM
Bitcoin is only as safe as you are. If you keep yourself from viruses, it's virtually impossible to lose your coins. Governments cannot take your money unless they raid your house, as they have no control over your funds, unlike banks. Stay safe from malware, and you're safe from everything besides trickery. Stay away from risky deals, and you're totally safe, until quantum computers come out and break bitcoin and our beloved blockchain.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
December 10, 2015, 01:29:05 AM
If you want to convert your asset into bitcoin it's very unsafe, also it's like gamble.

No organization or people can freeze your bitcoin. But also, you can also lose all your asset if you convert all your asset into bitcoin and then bitcoin price is down hard.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
December 10, 2015, 01:02:49 AM
It is safe if you use it the right way. But if you decide to use a brain wallet and don't take any safety precautions, with a huge amount of bitcoins in your wallet, then your coins are in trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2170
December 10, 2015, 12:59:50 AM
Nothing is safe. Money isn't safe. However, we can try to make it safe. In terms of Bitcoin, avoid using an online wallet. Opt for an offline wallet or even go for cold storage. Use a trusted escrow when trading things involving Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
December 09, 2015, 04:20:57 PM
Bitcoin is safe in many ways and it depends how and where you spend your bitcoin, dealing always through escrow is the best way to stay safe.
Actually We can maintain all kind money utilization through bitcoin. If have escrow also, There are many scammers here and there to loot our crypto currency by hacking and spamming you. Still many companies like Dell, Apple, Amazon are handling their money in Bitcoins. Just go through the privacy policies before you investing money. then try it.

Trying and investing is a good thing because if you do you are optimistic that you will earn profit from that, if those big companies are holding their profit in bitcoin then it is good because the price will be increased soon.
legendary
Activity: 910
December 09, 2015, 03:39:22 PM
No not safe. I feel like when it is so volatile like it is, that it is so unpredictable to buy or even sell.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
December 09, 2015, 03:15:26 PM
bitcoin itself is not safe, but it can be if youre cautious
enough to see what is happening in bitcoin, ofcourse im
not just talking about bitcoin, you need to look out for
scammers and be wise how you use your btc.
Yup Bitcoin is not safe because the scammers and hackers will try to hack our wallet and loot the BTC. But Its very good for saving your money its will go remarkable price than country currencies.and If saves money in BTC wallet That is more safer than bank. there is no interest or other

Yes Bitcoin is like a boom for this generation if you save it in BTC wallet and use it when the price of Bitcoin shoots up to sky then you will be very rich but you need to be aware of hackers make sure you protect it from hackers
Activity: 644
December 09, 2015, 03:10:55 PM
bitcoin itself is not safe, but it can be if youre cautious
enough to see what is happening in bitcoin, ofcourse im
not just talking about bitcoin, you need to look out for
scammers and be wise how you use your btc.
Yup Bitcoin is not safe because the scammers and hackers will try to hack our wallet and loot the BTC. But Its very good for saving your money its will go remarkable price than country currencies.and If saves money in BTC wallet That is more safer than bank. there is no interest or other
Activity: 994
December 09, 2015, 02:24:41 PM
Bitcoin's are only as safe as you are. If you stay clear from Malware, you want lose your coins. Boo government van intervene with your coins, as they have boo control over your wallet.

That's right. If you don't click on unknown links or install programs that promise you to generate unlimited Bitcoins, then you'll be fine. If you take all this in mind, then it's all safe.

Yeah if you are holding your bitcoins just better becareful what you download and wich links you are clicking.
The people who just want to hold your bitcoin for a long time buy a trezor or just a paper wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 09, 2015, 01:33:23 PM
Bitcoin's are only as safe as you are. If you stay clear from Malware, you want lose your coins. Boo government van intervene with your coins, as they have boo control over your wallet.

That's right. If you don't click on unknown links or install programs that promise you to generate unlimited Bitcoins, then you'll be fine. If you take all this in mind, then it's all safe.
Activity: 644
December 09, 2015, 07:02:09 AM
Bitcoin is safe in many ways and it depends how and where you spend your bitcoin, dealing always through escrow is the best way to stay safe.
Actually We can maintain all kind money utilization through bitcoin. If have escrow also, There are many scammers here and there to loot our crypto currency by hacking and spamming you. Still many companies like Dell, Apple, Amazon are handling their money in Bitcoins. Just go through the privacy policies before you investing money. then try it.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
December 09, 2015, 04:24:55 AM

He is asking if Bitcoin protocol is safe, and yes it's very safe. In 7 years it has never been hacked.

About government taking your coins, yes they can if they can make you give them your coins. I would still say that it's much easier to protect your coins from the government than Fiat money.
Pages:
Jump to: