Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 74. (Read 90086 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 08, 2015, 04:02:46 AM
If they do catch you evading taxes you could defend yourself by saying the government does not accept Bitcoin can you not?
And you could also say that you did not want to convert your BTC to cash.

a better excuse, and probably what i would use, is to say that here bitcoin is not regulated, so they can not really tax them especially if they caught me purchasing with bitcoin directly things of great value
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
LOL what you looking at?
December 08, 2015, 01:23:17 AM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

If you don't give them the password, they can't freeze your money Smiley

That's an effect of Bitcoin: you are not slave to banks, nor to governments Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 07, 2015, 10:13:04 PM
Nope they are not safe yet, you will loose money if you buy high. Now is not a good time to buy people.

Bitcoin itself is safe. Buying at a high price won't make you lose a single penny as long as you don't sell your coins. If you buy at current price to hold for a long time, then you will definitely make a good profit.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
December 07, 2015, 06:38:22 PM
Just like most things bitcoins value is entirely determined by
the market. The value could go up or down over time. I
personally think its safe but thats my opinion and speculation.
I would never have all my money invested in any one thing
even bitcoin. The that government currencies keep dropping
I am glad I have and want more bitcoin.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 07, 2015, 05:42:34 PM
If they do catch you evading taxes you could defend yourself by saying the government does not accept Bitcoin can you not?
And you could also say that you did not want to convert your BTC to cash.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
December 07, 2015, 04:35:59 PM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins?
No. IMO, bitcoin is too volatile to hold ALL your money.

And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?[/size]
No one else in the universe should have access to your BTC. Unless you give someone your private key there is no way to "freeze" your money and no higher authority than you. Permission is not required in the bitcoin system because there is no one with the authority to give permission.

Of course if a tax authority catches you evading taxes then there is nothing about bitcoin that is a defense of your actions. You may face jail and penalties in addition to owing the original taxes.
Activity: 16
December 07, 2015, 04:34:28 PM
Nope they are not safe yet, you will loose money if you buy high. Now is not a good time to buy people.

Somewhat agree, they ARE safe if you are in possession of Bitcoins that you can afford to loose.
Here it goes again: Do not invest what you cannot afford to loose.
Activity: 20
December 07, 2015, 04:24:03 PM
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
December 07, 2015, 04:21:24 PM
Are you mean safe for investment ? If for Investment in long-term bitcoin its very safe. Cheesy

but if there is another meaning behind the word "safe", maybe you can clarify ?

The technology world changes very fast. Bitcoin can be disrupted by a new technology. It can only survive by changing itself. if not, it will die.
legendary
Activity: 994
December 07, 2015, 02:43:55 PM
Only to hold may not create problem but if you actively spend bitcoin you may get some eye from the crime branch. If you like to enjoy the price ride than definitely convert your fiat and just hold bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
December 07, 2015, 02:12:02 PM
I think it's safer to not put all of your assets into one place, whether it be Bitcoin, fiat, stocks, etc.
I do think Bitcoin is a good investment...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 07, 2015, 11:35:57 AM
Bitcoin is not safe to have, but it is a good idea to just have it and wait that in 20 years it will increase.
You will have a high chance that in 20 years will be around 5.000 dollars.
Activity: 778
December 07, 2015, 10:46:13 AM
In long term bitcoin is safe, but you can't be sure with bitcoin.
I just bet that in the future the price well be more than 2.000 dollars. Having some bitcoins now is a good choice.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
December 07, 2015, 07:23:16 AM
The investment part is risky but you owning bitcoins is your responsibility as in the way you store them up and such. You are the one who needs to protect them from being stolen as you would by doing so with a regular wallet.

If you're going to invest into bitcoin for several years you're going to need that safety.
Activity: 672
December 07, 2015, 05:31:48 AM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

very safe your money can't be freeze although he is satosi nakamoto
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 06, 2015, 04:49:16 PM
Offcourse it is safe. Why do you think so many people are using bitcoin. Like paypal etc. make sure to take necessary security precautions.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 06, 2015, 04:16:00 PM
Encrypting your wallet is just the begin. Proper storage of your password or printing it to a paper wallet are also advice.

Don't download stuff from illegal websites. There a lot of viruses that can you steal your wallet details.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 06, 2015, 04:14:11 PM
Like any service with money you need to take security measures. If you do this Bitcoin is just as safe or even safer then any other form of payments.
Make sure to encrypt your wallet.dat f.e.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 06, 2015, 04:06:51 PM
bitcoin is relatively safe, in the long term, don't look at the short term, plenty of manipulation going one, bitcoin need still plenty of time to grow

when everything about its problems will be settled, i beliave you will see the real usage of it, big merchants are waiting that after all, no reason for them to not accept bitcoin

I wouldn't say bitcoin is safe in the long term. Imagine someone bought bitcoins at 1000$ and after a few years they find out the price is at 300$, do you consider that safe? Of course not because it's not.

It could be vice versa as well imagine if someone bought bitcoins at $394 which is current rate and after few years he or she finds out that the value of Bitcoin is $1000 ? The reason behind my point is the pace at which BTC has grown

I started buying bitcoin at 300 euro and now its over 360 and that was only a month ago.
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
December 06, 2015, 04:00:48 PM

Bitcoin is safe to use if your medium is secure (computer, phone, house). If you are in control of your private key, nobody can take your coins. The bitcoin price is moving up and down, this may be a risk for you. Some governments demand you to have a bank account (a commercial enterprise, mind you) . I am not sure if living without a bank is legal in your country.
Pages:
Jump to: