Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 77. (Read 90086 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
November 28, 2015, 03:35:51 PM
bitcoin is relatively safe, in the long term, don't look at the short term, plenty of manipulation going one, bitcoin need still plenty of time to grow

when everything about its problems will be settled, i beliave you will see the real usage of it, big merchants are waiting that after all, no reason for them to not accept bitcoin

I wouldn't say bitcoin is safe in the long term. Imagine someone bought bitcoins at 1000$ and after a few years they find out the price is at 300$, do you consider that safe? Of course not because it's not.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
November 28, 2015, 03:32:03 PM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "safe" , If you mean storing so no one really finds out about them then yes most likely you can do that . But if you mean selling all and buy BTC instead then... no one can be sure about that , price can decrease with time and can increase .. It all depends on many factors such Miners wanting to continue mining (If they see profit) , Supply-demand etc ...
Bitcoin cannot be frozen , and if you hide them I don't see how they will find out about them honestly .

Just want to hide some money. And I dont see, how I can get Bitcoins anonymously.

First of all , you shouldn't use exchanges (at least not Centralized one) that asks you for ID , passport and other personal information's .
You can search for someone to trade with on "Currency exchange" section (depends what are the payment methods you have) and that's it , who can know what the transaction was for ? unlike buying from an exchange .
Or you can use LocalBitcoins and try to find someone to meet him face to face (in your country/city) and you buy BTC against cash.

Not sure it would be easy to find the person or website that is willing to sell me a Bitcoin in the amount of more than $ 600,000. And, who also want to do it anonymously.

yeah that would be hard. why not find several people to transaction with and buy bitcoin in small amount, it will take long but aleast you wont reveal youre
identity.

Thank you for the idea , but it is difficult to find 500 -1000 people willing to meet with me personally, and as I'm sure the price will be different and in the end I lose 7-10% of my assets.

dude its an idea expand it to its fullest. dont be a literal person, think it through on how youre going to do it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 28, 2015, 03:09:30 PM
Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "safe" , If you mean storing so no one really finds out about them then yes most likely you can do that . But if you mean selling all and buy BTC instead then... no one can be sure about that , price can decrease with time and can increase .. It all depends on many factors such Miners wanting to continue mining (If they see profit) , Supply-demand etc ...
Bitcoin cannot be frozen , and if you hide them I don't see how they will find out about them honestly .

Just want to hide some money. And I dont see, how I can get Bitcoins anonymously.

If it only costs you that to clean your money then you are getting off very lightly. Why not put it in the wifes or kids names

First of all , you shouldn't use exchanges (at least not Centralized one) that asks you for ID , passport and other personal information's .
You can search for someone to trade with on "Currency exchange" section (depends what are the payment methods you have) and that's it , who can know what the transaction was for ? unlike buying from an exchange .
Or you can use LocalBitcoins and try to find someone to meet him face to face (in your country/city) and you buy BTC against cash.

Not sure it would be easy to find the person or website that is willing to sell me a Bitcoin in the amount of more than $ 600,000. And, who also want to do it anonymously.

yeah that would be hard. why not find several people to transaction with and buy bitcoin in small amount, it will take long but aleast you wont reveal youre
identity.

Thank you for the idea , but it is difficult to find 500 -1000 people willing to meet with me personally, and as I'm sure the price will be different and in the end I lose 7-10% of my assets.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 28, 2015, 03:07:17 PM

identity.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
November 28, 2015, 02:55:36 PM

identity.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
November 28, 2015, 02:43:44 PM
Go to localbitcoins, buy some btc in smaller portions with cash, make a paper wallet and transfer your bitcoins there. Until your piece of paper kept in secret and on a safe place, your money is safe and hidden from the eyes of the taxman, and no one can freeze your account.

Buying BTC wherever you want, then converting it to LTC, transferring to a Chinese exchange and converting it back to BTC and finally sending it back to a paper wallet through a mixer can be also a solution, a bit costly tho.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 28, 2015, 02:15:06 PM
bitcoin is relatively safe, in the long term, don't look at the short term, plenty of manipulation going one, bitcoin need still plenty of time to grow

when everything about its problems will be settled, i beliave you will see the real usage of it, big merchants are waiting that after all, no reason for them to not accept bitcoin
November 28, 2015, 02:14:58 PM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 28, 2015, 02:06:45 PM

I am new to this but can you not buy for cash on something like localBitcoins
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 28, 2015, 02:01:50 PM

November 28, 2015, 01:55:23 PM

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 28, 2015, 01:50:29 PM

November 28, 2015, 01:45:53 PM
Pages:
Jump to: