Pages:
Author

Topic: Is escrowing for yourself using a secret alt OK? - page 2. (Read 13095 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Still arguing about this? Keep digging deeper. Shocked

Someone wiser than me implied a few months ago that QS was running a long con..... I suspect he was caught before pulling it off.

Everyone knows he has alternate accounts selling them.

is this true quickseller?

QS said he doesn't sell accounts anymore some time ago, and more than once

Up to you believe him or not

He still sells accounts as last month only I guess he had mentioned it on the forum that he sold a DT account. May be after this incident he'll stop or may continue via his alt/s account/s.

Why is selling account bad? What if you get one as a loan collateral?
Activity: 166
Marshall Mathers

if it's about QS than a BIG NO.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
Wait.. why isn't anyone suspecting whether theymos is my alt or not?

Edit: No self-escrow. legit. Not against any rules.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Since we are in a mostly unregulated grey zone, there are obviously none or very little options to bring a case forward to the courts by any legal means. So the entire "escrow business" is a business of common trust. By definition - and this has been mentioned earlier a couple of times, escrow is a third party and a third party only. In this sense I would consider self escrow as highly immoral and unethical, even if it can't be deemed as illegal or criminal, due to the unregulated state of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

Someone wiser than me implied a few months ago that QS was running a long con..... I suspect he was caught before pulling it off.

He still sells accounts as last month only I guess he had mentioned it on the forum that he sold a DT account. May be after this incident he'll stop or may continue via his alt/s account/s.
Activity: 196
I don't agree that Escrowing for ourselver using other secret account is NOT ok...The purpose of escrow is not this...If we use our own other account as escrow then we already cheated with the other person..The escrow should be someone old respected trustworthy member of the forum Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

Activity: 28
Those videos are creepy man. Shocked

Pretty much everything about him is creepy....

To be honest, I can't stare at her eyes over 5 second  Embarrassed even she's just on video  Cry

and i think i am nuts... i like her Wink

I like her too on her other account.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

To be honest, I can't stare at her eyes over 5 second  Embarrassed even she's just on video  Cry

and i think i am nuts... i like her Wink
legendary
Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.

Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

Good luck trying to get straight answers out of someone as cunning and deceptive as QuickSeller. They only choose to answer when they can twist their words.
legendary
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Activity: 143
Is that your picture in your profile? I always imagine an indignant teenage feminists voice raging against "whatever" when i read your posts.

See these videos for some background:

http://youtu.be/Yh0AhrY9GjA

http://youtu.be/KAVmF-dYv4U

I get the same feeling though. The profile picture was well chosen.

I wish i hadn't watched them dooglus.  Grin  I'm feeling too old for this site tonight.  Grin
  I'm now going back into my bubble of meme-ignorance , please don't burst it again.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Using the Oxford English Dictionary definitions of words Quickseller has used, there is no such thing as:
"escrowing for yourself"
"self-escrow"
"middlemanning for yourself"
"self-middlemanning"

https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/escrow
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/custody
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/trustee
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/middleman

Proper changes to the OP title could be:
"self-dealing" http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/self-dealing.asp
"masquerading as a third-party to fraudulently benefit from escrow fees"
legendary
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
You have still failed to explain why that matters. If it was known that Daniel is the person you are trading with then you would have sent first to Daniel without escrow.

I don't know how it could have been more clear.

In both scenarios Alice is expecting the escrow to resolve the dispute as a third party. Alice has no reason to suspect the escrow has any bias towards Alice or Bob.
In scenario 1, Charlie is able to act without bias because he is an independent party.
In scenario 2, Daniel is unable to act without bias because he is also acting as a party to the trade.

Scenario 1 will always be more favorable for Alice compared to scenario 2 since there is no bias. Also, by definition, Daniel is not an escrow to the trade since he is not a third party.

As I stated previously, it is misleading and disingenuous to act as if you were providing an escrow service when you really are not.

Don't bother debating.  I tried that. 

If a person wants to avoid logic, facts, rationality, and honesty,
there's no way to force them into it.

Activity: 470
Merit: 250
You have still failed to explain why that matters. If it was known that Daniel is the person you are trading with then you would have sent first to Daniel without escrow.

I don't know how it could have been more clear.

In both scenarios Alice is expecting the escrow to resolve the dispute as a third party. Alice has no reason to suspect the escrow has any bias towards Alice or Bob.
In scenario 1, Charlie is able to act without bias because he is an independent party.
In scenario 2, Daniel is unable to act without bias because he is also acting as a party to the trade.

Scenario 1 will always be more favorable for Alice compared to scenario 2 since there is no bias. Also, by definition, Daniel is not an escrow to the trade since he is not a third party.

As I stated previously, it is misleading and disingenuous to act as if you were providing an escrow service when you really are not.
Activity: 574

That is QS PO box. It is registered under a US citizen with a US address. Stop trying to protect him QS doesn't live in Canada. Use SE to figure out more info! Pretending to be a lawyer helps! My dox will be up tonight or tomorrow. Just waiting on some info on who lives at the address on QS ID

Good to see you taking a stand against deceptive people.

"To refrain from imitation is the best revenge"  -- Marcus Aurelius

I never said anything about that. I hate Quickseller is what I have said.

I'm all for being the bad guy, you just better not pretend to be the good guy.

Also wondering why you edited Quicksellers address out of your quote. That was worth the extra effort? Same as coming over into my thread? AND SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES?
Pages:
Jump to: