Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC??? - page 13. (Read 14316 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
August 15, 2017, 12:57:48 AM
Looking at the coinmartketcap you can see that ETH is actually the strongest bitcoin competitor. That is worthy of ETH

Its still trying to hold the 10% of the price of Bitcoin. ETH is better as a platform for new tokens and check the last dump of ETH, its still trying to get back to the normal phase. Bitcoin will be on top for another 5 years hopefully, some other coin take a stand till then otherwise no one will beat the popularity.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
August 15, 2017, 12:27:21 AM
I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

What are your thoughts and predictions for Ethereum ??

Regards
No, Ethereum is a good coin but many do not trust it, also Ethereum can do more things than bitcoin but even if bitcoin only does one thing and that is being money, bitcoin does that better than any other crypto and it is already better than many fiat currencies of the world.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 14, 2017, 10:33:16 PM
Looking at the coinmartketcap you can see that ETH is actually the strongest bitcoin competitor. That is worthy of ETH
Activity: 39
August 07, 2017, 10:25:36 AM
Ethereum being turing complete, it is a great way to end up in disaster long term, so we are never going to see ETH be a threat to BTC as a store of value. BTC's simplicity is a strong point to be the best store of value in crypto. The fact that it's so hard to change, it's also a good point to prevail as the strongest coin to store wealth.
Both of these cryptos help our world better and develop a good blockchain system so that other people can know about the existence of cryptocurrency on this planet. And if the world uses crypto, it will be the better place to live.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
August 07, 2017, 10:17:05 AM
For me, Ethereum is not Bitcoin's threat at the moment. I think in the Cryptocurrency market all altcoins are a threat to Bitcoin because all altcoin is heavily dependent on Bitcoin and Bitcoin is heavily dependent on altcoin, so Ethereum is just Bitcoin's rival.
Activity: 35
August 07, 2017, 10:11:50 AM
 At the moment Bitcoin is the strongest and the most accepted cryptocurrency. A public support for crypto will be in favour of Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a greater acceptance, due to the public discussion and publications. Only insiders are considering Ethereum, new entrants will choose Bitcoin. New entrants will let the Bitcoin grow.
Activity: 36
August 07, 2017, 10:05:52 AM
I think only when BTC reached new limits, then Ethereum can overcome the BTC
Activity: 504
July 31, 2017, 04:05:41 PM
I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

Regards

I don't see it as a threat, although it has a price that's almost the same as BTC, I don't think that it can take over or replace BTC. BTC has a strong foundation and a lot of people has been using it ever since.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
July 31, 2017, 03:55:41 PM

Regards
what do you mean by the words "threat", does it mean market cap? if so, i think it is, eth develop so fast in the past months and still have great potential, but if you mean the technology, i dont think so, they are different
Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin? I don't think so, but in my opinion I think ethereum is not a threat. Even ethereum have a high potential in the market, I believe that this coin is lack of capacity to take over the position of bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 134
July 31, 2017, 09:09:18 AM

Regards
what do you mean by the words "threat", does it mean market cap? if so, i think it is, eth develop so fast in the past months and still have great potential, but if you mean the technology, i dont think so, they are different
Activity: 360
July 31, 2017, 08:38:15 AM
Maybe it's price is rising, but compared to bitcoin, no. It will never be a threat to bitcoin. Etherium will still be etherium, even their prices has a big difference.
Activity: 129
July 31, 2017, 07:15:31 AM
Sure, it is not. Nothing can be a rival to bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
July 31, 2017, 05:22:50 AM
Ethereum is a threat to ethereum himself
many funds been hacked/stolen..

There is no comparison of eth to BTC
Activity: 520
July 31, 2017, 05:08:54 AM
You shouldn't see it as a threat from the price perspective because It means nothing, you should however see how much Its mentioned on the news, how many shops (local and online) use it, how many ATMs does it have, how active the development is etc. Bitcoin wins in all these things beside Ethereum is not meant to be an electronic cash but bitcoin is.
Yes those are the facts that support bitcoins in our wolrd. Eth is just starting to bloom, compared to btc which are way too far from it. It is the most powerful crypto currency, it can be exchange into a real money using banks. While on the other hand eth cannot be converted into cash using banks, you will exchange it into a different medium. Which is less reliable than btc can give.
This is the most important point, ETH can be almost anything and that makes it a great tool, but bitcoin is only one thing a currency and in that aspect is is impossible for ETH to ever beat bitcoin, there is simply no comparison, the amount of people using bitcoin to buy things online or in physical stores probably outperforms all the alts put together.

I don't think this needs to compare both were useful in their own uses. In bitcoin for easy payment transactions and eth is more of investing purposes as an ICO platform. I used them both so as much as possible I hope they still pumps.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
July 30, 2017, 10:53:34 PM
You shouldn't see it as a threat from the price perspective because It means nothing, you should however see how much Its mentioned on the news, how many shops (local and online) use it, how many ATMs does it have, how active the development is etc. Bitcoin wins in all these things beside Ethereum is not meant to be an electronic cash but bitcoin is.
Yes those are the facts that support bitcoins in our wolrd. Eth is just starting to bloom, compared to btc which are way too far from it. It is the most powerful crypto currency, it can be exchange into a real money using banks. While on the other hand eth cannot be converted into cash using banks, you will exchange it into a different medium. Which is less reliable than btc can give.
This is the most important point, ETH can be almost anything and that makes it a great tool, but bitcoin is only one thing a currency and in that aspect is is impossible for ETH to ever beat bitcoin, there is simply no comparison, the amount of people using bitcoin to buy things online or in physical stores probably outperforms all the alts put together.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
July 27, 2017, 12:00:30 PM
I think it's not just ethereum being a bitcoin threat but all the coins, this is because all the coins would want to be the number 1 that is currently controlled by bitcoin.
Indeed so the mission of a coin is to be the number 1, all altcoin compete to be better by show each the best feature.
Activity: 434
July 27, 2017, 11:21:39 AM
Even though Bitcoin has high fees but long price rallies is something which makes the people to attach with it. However, Ethereum has started pumping now so I don't see any barrier that ether will soon outstand btc.  Shocked

One thing I have thinking is that those buying Ethereum now too fed up with the high transaction fees being incurred with bitcoin and the scaling debate has not been settled. So they are pumping Ethereum and waiting for the bitcoin drama to be resolved. But I guess they will go back to bitcoin once everything looks good. So I don't think its a threat, rather another option for investors to put their cashflow in the crypto world.

I don't think ETH will be a threat to BTC. BTC is doing so well these days but they still have its differences. BT C I s more reliable though.Some expects a breakout of ETH while others don't believe with it. ETH and BTC can actually coexist.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
July 27, 2017, 11:00:11 AM
It is not acualty a competition or rivalry between ethereum and Bitcoin it is much more on a  relationship which both variable have a good thing brought by one currency to another. It is especially a mutual relationship which both help each other on the market for their price to reach its full capacity for development. Each has a price that is quite needed on trading where in peole choose to used them as a. Form of transaction.
Activity: 700
Merit: 277
July 27, 2017, 10:35:03 AM
I think it's not just ethereum being a bitcoin threat but all the coins, this is because all the coins would want to be the number 1 that is currently controlled by bitcoin.
Activity: 169
Merit: 105
July 27, 2017, 10:08:22 AM
Bitcoin = First decentralized digital currency, widely adopted, very solid, entrance door to crypto world.
Ethereum = Smart contract platform on Blockchain, enables development of decentralized apps and decentralized autonomous orgs.

Why do I keep seeing threads comparing both or saying one will kill the other?
Blockchain technology is still very new to general public and both (bitcoin and ethereum) are now undervalued if you think about future potential. When the value of Bitcoin increases, it makes all other coins stronger.
Pages:
Jump to: