Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 12. (Read 4449 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 02:23:32 AM
 Some altocoin have good prospects and it's good to hold such coin. But mostly, I will rather invest in ethereum and few other coin. Can't take the risk with the current market condition.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
June 17, 2018, 01:42:57 AM
It depends with the company/project. If they have a product out and a product has a good future depending on market niche and team, then it is worth holding its coin.

It would depend on the altcoin and what is the altcoin's role in the project. If it is a valuable project and it has a potential to be use by many people in the future then it would be just alright to hold it for long as long as you continuously monitor the project and check if the team is still following the roadmap and active in the community. It gives you a peace of mind if the team is serious with the project because they will always update the investors and its community of what's going on. Partnerships to other blockhain companies is also a good way of assessing if the altcoin is good or not.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
June 16, 2018, 04:20:02 PM
Altcoins for long term holding is ok as long as you can monitor their prices all the time specially if you're full time in crypto. Its good to have a lot of altcoins in your portfolio but you also need to check every coin's prices to know which one will be needed to sell to to hold. During corrections or down trend, prices are very disappointing because all of them are starting to fall down. Sell them if you need to avoid bigger money loss .
Activity: 671
Merit: 103
Moni
June 16, 2018, 04:04:34 PM
I don't really think it is that dangerous, but you have to sort out projects and pay attention to token analysis.
That's why I don't invest in shitcoins , but prefer stable projects with low cap and MVP.
Activity: 84
June 16, 2018, 03:56:39 PM
It depends with the company/project. If they have a product out and a product has a good future depending on market niche and team, then it is worth holding its coin.
Activity: 5
June 16, 2018, 12:56:57 PM
Most of the coins from 3-4 years ago are nearly gone. That is the nature of cryptocurrency, coins cannot live without investors, supporters in short their community. People move to better coins to gain more income, so the old ones disappear.
That's most of the small altcoins that never really contributed anything in the first place, most of the tokens and coins from 2014/2015 that actually contributed something, or at the very least had some kind of significant backing, are still alive and kicking. A lot of the newer tokens are stronger than some of those other cryptos ever were, and I have a feeling they'll be sticking around for a while. I also have to say that i am getting paid to promote Fanchain, but I do believe it is a unique and viable concept that'll last for a long time simply because of the effect it can have on one of the biggest markets in America: sports.

Thanks for the support, Yakamoto. FanChain has very large ambitions... but importantly, we have the team, connections and expertise to make meaningful progress. Like you said: We believe that the cross-over between sports and cryptocurrency is unique: it's mainstream, global, and ripe for disruption (in fact, sports media is in the middle of a complete overhaul in many ways already -- with viewing trends shifting to social and OTT).
Activity: 784
Merit: 257
June 16, 2018, 09:09:16 AM
Yes, it's very dangerous. Crypto currency is a very risky operation. If you are confident in your abilities and are not afraid to lose your capital, then you can invest in an alternative coin.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 08:25:23 AM
I think not dangerous, but that depend what altcoin you will hold. Because there a lot altcoins can be choose, but not all it has good future. You must analyze it at the market and you must have good speculation of it. So the conclusion, no danger but to be patient and wisely.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 07:41:39 AM
It depends on you, because if you buy at high and sell when market goes down any strategy for you will be dangerous. Of course it's not dangereous if you're holding coins with good project and solid team. Checking everytime any altcoins and sell coin that can't make something good. I sell sometimes my altcoins when I see that porject don't have any progress or when team don't know what to do. So no in general it's not dangerous if you're controling situation.
Activity: 112
June 16, 2018, 07:33:08 AM
90% of current coin will be dead until 2020 only best will survive, because everyday we have like 10-50 new coin

Not all situation that holding altcoins are dangerous because it depends upon the value of every coin/token you have. And also depending if it is scam or not then beware of hackers.
Activity: 868
Merit: 250
June 16, 2018, 07:21:07 AM
Bottoms are always more risky, according to ETH and BTC. But it is high in proportion to its earnings.
Activity: 252
Merit: 18
June 16, 2018, 07:13:56 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

There is a lot of truth in what you said. I think the only cryptocoin that’s proven itself medium-term is bitcoin, and that with its large team of top developers and good ‘brand awareness’ I believe it will hold its value in the crypto market long term as a crypto currency and store of wealth. A sensible crypto portfolio should therefore be at least half bitcoin, and for some investors it’s all bitcoin. But most crypto investors want to diversify risk, and have half their portfolio in altcoins and they therefore run into the dilemma you raised. Current blockchain technology is fairly primitive compared to the centralised technology that runs the world, and most of the current blockchain projects and dApps built to run on them while they may give good short or medium term gains will probably not be the long term big gainers in crypto as more advanced blockchains and protocols and dApps are released in the future that can take on the current centralised big companies.

I therefore have half my portfolio in bitcoin, and half in altcoins that I’m very selective about choosing - looking for mainly quality cryptocureencies and later gen blockchain and protocol projects that have good user cases and teams. I am mindful that big profits from an altcoin in the portfolio like I have with one at present doesn’t mean it will be a big winner in 10 years, and I take profits into bitcoin keeping the portfolio balanced. And I’m ready to move funds into better altcoin projects as they get developed and released the next ten years, forming the basis of Blockchain Technology that I believe will win out over a lot of the current big centralised companies in business and the internet etc. And I’m very glad to be one of the very earliest 0.1% of users and investors in bitcoin and blockchain tech, and to always be learning more and more about this exciting area and gaining invaluable experience from my investing and research. I’m sure that all of us investing in this area now will make a lot of money the next 10-15 years with sensible flexible investment in bitcoin and the blockchain tech current and to come! Good luck with your investing despite that dilemma you’ve identified!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
June 16, 2018, 05:11:05 AM
The whole market and all the technology is simply permeated with risk and dangers. But  every one of us investing in the alts stops before this, of course no. It is even good that there are problems they contribute to changing the strategy or come up with new alternative solutions. So there are no dangers in this.
for me it is harmless. if the coin you hold does have a very good quality, I think it will be a good investment in the future. that way you do not have to doubt what you're holding right now. well, now the price of crypto is red, but when bitcoin prices rise, I'm sure the price of our assets will also increase.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 16, 2018, 04:09:00 AM
The whole market and all the technology is simply permeated with risk and dangers. But  every one of us investing in the alts stops before this, of course no. It is even good that there are problems they contribute to changing the strategy or come up with new alternative solutions. So there are no dangers in this.
Activity: 125
June 15, 2018, 10:13:35 AM
I have a lot of altcoins that i've been holding on for a long period of time. If you trust the developer and seeing a lot of development then it's not dangerous to invest their project.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
June 15, 2018, 10:02:41 AM
It als involves risk because there are possibilities that you will lose your money even you hold it for a year it will really depend on the team if they have a workin product there is a high chance of pump
Activity: 294
June 15, 2018, 09:04:40 AM
all investments do have risks as well as withholding some altcoins, holding altcoins at enormous risk. but if you are smart in trading then the risk will be a huge advantage
Activity: 46
June 14, 2018, 02:29:24 AM
totally, one can get rekt if he bought a top
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
June 14, 2018, 02:28:37 AM
Don't get panic due to current price fluctuation. Crypto currency market is always volatile and anything can happen at any time. For sure all the altcoins price would be recovered soon and you need to just wait for the price to rise and hold your coins until then. The skill you need to have here is patience and if you have lost of that you can succeed.
Activity: 154
June 14, 2018, 02:15:08 AM
If you hold not potential coin for sure your money is danger because they have big chance the price to decrease or to dump and if that happen your money will be gone so you need to choose good altcoin for your safety.
To keep alcoin for a long time and certainly be profitable, the first thing you have to choose is the potential altcoin and project useful for the future economy, if you choose the right project and hold the longer the altcoin of You will increase the price.
Pages:
Jump to: