Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 14. (Read 4449 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 12, 2018, 07:14:26 PM
Most of the coins from 3-4 years ago are nearly gone. That is the nature of cryptocurrency, coins cannot live without investors, supporters in short their community. People move to better coins to gain more income, so the old ones disappear.
That's most of the small altcoins that never really contributed anything in the first place, most of the tokens and coins from 2014/2015 that actually contributed something, or at the very least had some kind of significant backing, are still alive and kicking. A lot of the newer tokens are stronger than some of those other cryptos ever were, and I have a feeling they'll be sticking around for a while. I also have to say that i am getting paid to promote Fanchain, but I do believe it is a unique and viable concept that'll last for a long time simply because of the effect it can have on one of the biggest markets in America: sports.
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
June 12, 2018, 07:07:30 PM
Most of the coins from 3-4 years ago are nearly gone. That is the nature of cryptocurrency, coins cannot live without investors, supporters in short their community. People move to better coins to gain more income, so the old ones disappear.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 523
June 12, 2018, 07:04:09 PM
Crypto currency is a very big risk. You must always remember this. And even if you are completely confident in a coin, you should remember that the market at any moment can go down.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 12, 2018, 07:00:13 PM
For me, holding altcoin is not dangerous, because many of them have already very low prices. So, I think holding your altcoins might be very reasonable in these times.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
June 12, 2018, 05:56:25 PM
It all depends on the market state and the way you keep your crypto as well. If the market goes down then holding alternative coins will lead you to big losses. But if the market goes up, holding such coins can increase your capital several times.
The main idea to trade is to make profit and not to panic and sell off everything at a loss rather than waiting for the market to recover and no one in their right sense would support this decision to sell off coins when they could potentially move the coin when there is a favorable situaton.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 12, 2018, 05:11:11 PM
The cryptocurrency market is not stable, so it is not necessary to talk about the stability of bitcoin and various alkynes. There was a General trend of falling in the market, now there is a good growth.
Activity: 364
June 12, 2018, 04:23:27 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Yes, I think to delay this crypto currency will be quite risky and stupid because it is not so stable and can greatly lead to a minus. But the choice is yours and you choose.
Activity: 17
June 12, 2018, 02:31:48 PM
erm...no
Activity: 336
June 12, 2018, 01:53:22 PM
Holding altcoin doesn't look dangerous to me if the coin you hold are potential one and are stable with good promising potentials but if the coin is not a potential one, it might be dangerous to hold as the coin may take time to grow in the market and some may crash at the end.

Why should it be dangerous? It is known that the cryptocurrency will finally gain, and it means that the longer you hold it, the better earnings you can make. However, sometimes it is really better to sell altcoins when they are expensive.
Activity: 210
June 10, 2018, 07:39:07 PM
Wait, I am not quite sure what you mean by dangerous in holding alts. Do you mean that when you hold alts it increases your your chance of getting mugged and getting your private keys by force? Everything is dangerous, even pencils, you know.
Activity: 182
June 10, 2018, 07:33:54 PM
I don't find holding of altcoins to be dangerous, because among the entire altcoins listed on coinmarketcap very few grew while bitcoin was declining in value. But now as the price of bitcoin has started to increase, most of the altcoins too started to increase. This confirms profit on holding of altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC
June 10, 2018, 04:09:41 AM
for me when it come to investment whatever it is that you holding to?, cryptos, stocks or even forex all of them are subject for risk/danger. Because without there are no chances of winning to, I mean there's no single investment in this world are not subject to losing, because as the law of gravity says "Every that goes up, must go down". It also applies to businesses like ICOS and existing tokens, all of them has it's own up and down trends.
Activity: 238
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
June 09, 2018, 07:05:44 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

In my opinion, if you want to get profit by trading with cryptocurrencies, you shouldn't be a coin collector. For that, I think you should sell your coins at the right time, and of course you should know which coins are worth to hold.
Activity: 154
June 09, 2018, 07:05:00 PM
if we hold bitcoin and we should altcoins as well for growth holding alts are nt dangerous when bitcoin price crashes alts price to crash so we should have patience in holding
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
EQUAL Network Token
June 09, 2018, 05:57:50 PM
Its depend on the period for you hold any alt , depend on buying and selling period , also the roadmap and speed of project .
According to me if you are getting much profit from any alt then sell that and invest in new project with less marketcap and better future . getting x10 is still expected but expecting x100 can make you lose all the profit you earned with x10 . so decide carefully or at least sell coins worth your primary investment .
Activity: 7
June 09, 2018, 05:57:26 PM
I would say that it isn't more dangerous then HODLING Bitcoins..
Activity: 462
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
June 09, 2018, 05:52:06 PM
I do not think it's that dangeriously holding altcoins. Because it all depends on the altcoins you hold, if your altcoin has its own advantages and potency then your altcoin will be successful. otherwise if your altcoins are not good then you will just wasting your time by holding it.
Activity: 393
June 09, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
no, holding altcoin is the best idea to increasing our bitcoin amount,,
because hold a good altcoin that always increase the value in bitcoin is the best idea to collect more bitcoin, of course if we believe in bitcoin
Activity: 265
Pretty kewl right?
June 09, 2018, 05:14:30 PM
In my opinion holding really comes with a risk not just in altcoins but same goes for the Bitcoin as well, this is why we really need to be wise when it comes to choosing and holding coins, we need to be patient and wait for the perfect time to sell or else we're bound to a huge loss. Holding may have a risk but its not dangerous and there's nothing to be afraid of, you just need to be careful about it.
Activity: 105
June 09, 2018, 04:59:12 PM
i can't say it was dangereous but i think you shoul sell it right aways after you think that was profitable enough
Pages:
Jump to: