Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 16. (Read 4480 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
June 08, 2018, 07:11:41 PM
It depends on the altcoin you are holding. I dont see any problem on holding a trustworthy altcoin. Reliable coin creators develops a reliable altcoin, we should be careful in choosing.

Yes, I don't think holding an altcoin is dangerous. There are several altcoins that have big potential and are worthy of holding for long term basis. Just be good enough in choosing your coins to hold, as we have seen the bitcoin charts now is wavy but some alts are climbing up.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 04:18:56 PM
i cant image that to be hodl could be dangerous.
check the situation and sell or buys when time is best

Cool

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Activity: 42
June 08, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
In some sort not,but the market graphs now are so wavey that you cannot clearly say about whats gonna happen to the coin you are holding but if you have strong sense that what you are holding has great potential no worriesnor feel danger.
Activity: 630
Merit: 257
June 08, 2018, 03:37:06 PM
Dangerous??? That’s a heavy word dude! Risky is the proper word I assume you mean to use. But all the coins are risky, including Bitcoin. This is a basic nature of cryptocurrencies. They are risky because there are huge fluctuations in the values of the cryptocurrencies. But these fluctuations help you to earn huge profits also. Just make sure to invest in reliable Altcoins and stay away from “shitcoins”.
Activity: 266
June 08, 2018, 02:23:59 PM
Holding altcoins arent dangerous but the only panic situation people face is when the market crashes or else have a bear market for a longer period of time they feel unsafe holding altcoins, in reality, it is nt the case we can hodl altcoins if we are expecting long-term profits
Activity: 700
Merit: 503
June 08, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
Yes, many altcoins have already been left in the past and many altcoins will still appear in the future. If you want to hold altcoin for 5 years and not look at the situation on the market, it's very dangerous. But if you are a sensible person, then you will control your investments: be interested in the coin, its development, the work of the team, the news that surrounds it. In this case, there is nothing very dangerous in investing in altcoins.
Investing in a crypto currency is in itself risky, whether it be btc, eth or altcoins. This zone is so dangerous. So while being in this market you can forget about complete tranquility (although everywhere, where it comes to earning large sums of money, it's unsettled).
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
June 08, 2018, 01:36:46 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

you can hold altcoint in qt wallet, its safe then hold on exchange.

but you want see updates all week, becouse some coins have update in wallet
The fact is that developers have new ideas, and their new projects are very promising. And this, in turn, is competition in the crypto-currency market, What influences the death of a weaker opponent. In this case, coins.
Activity: 126
June 08, 2018, 01:30:08 PM

you can hold altcoint in qt wallet, its safe then hold on exchange.

but you want see updates all week, becouse some coins have update in wallet
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
June 08, 2018, 01:24:32 PM
it was dangerous in mid of january but not anymore. all coins / tokens are already down , lose a lot value so i dont think will go down anymore. now we all are waiting for big bull run. so hold until next pump.
btc will reach 11k and than big pump will start.
Activity: 238
Merit: 30
June 08, 2018, 01:13:59 PM
It depends on the altcoin you are holding. I dont see any problem on holding a trustworthy altcoin. Reliable coin creators develops a reliable altcoin, we should be careful in choosing.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
June 08, 2018, 01:06:20 PM
It is always risky to hold the altcoin for long term because if you choose right coin it will give you good returns in long term but if you choose scam coin it is not good to hold them for long term. Everything depends on the coin we choose but we have to decide before investing.
Activity: 1112
Merit: 256
June 08, 2018, 12:47:58 PM
Holding altcoin doesn't look dangerous to me if the coin you hold are potential one and are stable with good promising potentials but if the coin is not a potential one, it might be dangerous to hold as the coin may take time to grow in the market and some may crash at the end.
For me there is always some risk when you are investing in crypto, cause coins which you could be in 90% sure that they will pump could just surpise suddenly, so there is always some danger.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
June 08, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
Unfortunately, that's how the crypto market work, the weakness coins die, only the strongest with good objectives can survive and win good price. But holding altcoins is the safeiest option in crypto, the only thing which you must do is find good coin will win
Activity: 69
June 08, 2018, 10:52:33 AM

perhaps yes it has a risk, but it's not dangerous if you holding a good coin. so will be better if you doing a research about the coin itself before you invest, like see his project, platform, and their mission.
Activity: 210
Merit: 5
June 08, 2018, 10:49:53 AM
I think so. It is very risky to store altcoins, they can both give a big profit and can also fall the same way, while there is no confidence in the success of the altcoins and in the end you can lose everything.
Activity: 157
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 10:36:47 AM
No, why it would be dangerous? it is a very safe thing to do, only that you need to hold good coins that you know that they are not gonna get dumped by a lot and you are gonna lose everything.
Activity: 154
June 08, 2018, 10:19:57 AM
It is definitely risky with the high volatility in the crypto market.
As all ventures, there are lossess and gains.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
June 08, 2018, 08:49:22 AM
Holding altcoins or any coins for that matter is dangerous of you don't hold them in a hardware wallet. Hahah .
Jokes aside if you do enough research and believe in the project then there is no need to worry.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 511
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 08, 2018, 08:22:37 AM
Whatever you are holding right now involves risk whatever it is even if you flip the world and vice versa. The thing is if you really want a bigshot all you need is to hodl and wait until your greed is satisfied. This is a game who's the bravest and toughest only survives. Those who play safe may earn some but not the big ones.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 05:42:23 AM
Sort of, as they are like dark horses. You don't really know what an update will bring, which direction will they go for, etc.
You can gain massively when the market is going upwards, and lose out a lot when going downwards. Alts tend to be more volatile than BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: