Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 18. (Read 4480 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
May 28, 2018, 06:48:11 AM
Holding alt coins is nt dangerous but we need to make profits whenever the market is pumped then we can see good amount of profits or else we may see coins blocked  at low prices when the market get dumped
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN
May 26, 2018, 03:52:36 PM
I do not think it's dangerous. I do not think there is any fault if the project is good. I do not think that for most altcoins, of course, but I do not think there is any objection if the project is intact.
Activity: 416
Merit: 21
May 26, 2018, 02:05:08 PM
holding alts coins aren't dangerous but we should have perfect strategy in holding coins when the market dump like this year now most of the coins will be stuck in price variations
Activity: 392
Ccfound
May 26, 2018, 01:07:45 PM
be specific which altcoins you want tohold. i dont see if holding altcoins have serious risk for long term investment, but you might want more benefit from altcoins you hold right? so take intens learn related to project development of altcoins, how dev threat their investor, and many event comes with the project...if you find more active dev inside that altcoin should bring you good return and worth of hold
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
May 26, 2018, 12:18:53 PM
If you are holding shitcoins then its very dangerous and you could lose every penny you have that is why you have to be very careful in choosing altcoins to invest in. Make sure that this is established with a good project and team.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
May 26, 2018, 12:15:43 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

it depends on coins which you hold. If you hold coins which have no future, then you are very likely to fail with them in the future. i suggest you just pick top 50 coins if you want to hold.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
May 26, 2018, 11:52:30 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I think there are some new amazing projects because the infrastrucutre has significantly developed, however, dont be too greedy, if you can buy at a bottom and sell at the top, the usual trading tactics, you should be in profit if you are patient. I find in bear markets havin money in USDT or in exchange coins is a very good hedge against negative market movements too
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
May 26, 2018, 11:02:20 AM
Depends on the quality of the project. If the project is reliable, then you need to HOLD , if not, just for luck. Hold recommend to everyone who does not know how to trade and does not have enough funds to invest in different projects.

That is why never buy altcoins being blind. Just before you pick the cryptocurrencies to invest in, try to learn everything about each one in details. The most reliable altcoins can be held for long.
Activity: 602
May 24, 2018, 07:49:08 AM
You must not hodl everytime, at the bear market all altcoins drops %50-60 so it is bad for hodling altcoins, but at the bullish market you must hodl altcoins also, I dont hodl btc at bull.
and yet the risks are always there, although you should always use the bear market to buy cheap coins. To date, the prospect is rather vague, But every user expects only the best in the near future.
Activity: 286
Merit: 31
May 24, 2018, 07:45:13 AM
Not only holding alt is dangerous holding crypto is dangerous especially if the money you invest is money you can not afford to lose. Holding alt have good return if you hold the right alt like ethereum and litecoin. Everything have its own risk and return ratio. And for long twrm hodler they have smaller risk.
Any coin has different way how to threat since it has different cap and popularity too.
For me if the coin like top 10 market cap the longer we hold might be more higher chance we have. As we know all investment is has its own risk so always choose something that compatible with ourselves.
Activity: 280
May 23, 2018, 02:33:43 PM
You must not hodl everytime, at the bear market all altcoins drops %50-60 so it is bad for hodling altcoins, but at the bullish market you must hodl altcoins also, I dont hodl btc at bull.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
May 23, 2018, 02:26:30 PM
It all depends on the coin. Some coins are dangerous to hodl, because if the team does not work well, the price will fall. Therefore, it is always necessary to monitor the project.

Yes, it depends. However, if you make the analysis and choose very profitable altcoins, you should better hold them. I am talking about NEO, ETH, and Waves.
Activity: 336
“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”
May 23, 2018, 01:03:16 PM
Its not dangerous but too risky. Holding altcoins has the good and bad effect at the same time. Bad because during the bearish season, all you can do is look at your portfolio while your investments are falling down. Good because once they reach the up trend, your holdings gain double or sometimes triple of the amount that you loss. You can be a millionaire in altcoins.
Activity: 770
Merit: 258
The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation
May 23, 2018, 12:55:53 PM
Not only holding alt is dangerous holding crypto is dangerous especially if the money you invest is money you can not afford to lose. Holding alt have good return if you hold the right alt like ethereum and litecoin. Everything have its own risk and return ratio. And for long twrm hodler they have smaller risk.
Activity: 40
May 23, 2018, 08:51:32 AM
I think holding alts is not that dangerous, you just need to know if that alt is safe to hold so you can benefit if its price go high.
Activity: 168
May 23, 2018, 05:29:33 AM
Yes it is, because you never know when will the value fall. But if you are confident with the coin and this gain a lot of trust then nothing to worry because new coins will never over power them.
copper member
Activity: 350
May 23, 2018, 05:17:27 AM
It depends on the altcoin you are holding. I dont see any problem on holding a trustworthy altcoin. Reliable coin creators develops a reliable altcoin, we should be careful in choosing.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
May 23, 2018, 03:59:22 AM
I don't see any other danger it may pose to an individual than bankruptcy. Alts are not anonymous but you can hide under pseudonyms. You'll be safe unless you signed up for some KYC that required your personal information. There are risks in altcoins but its not really that dangerous. It depends on how you use your alts. If you think you've never been involve in any illegal activities such as money laundering then you are safe.
Activity: 546
May 23, 2018, 03:41:21 AM
If you invest in a market that is down, it is very risky but if you choose the long-term investment in this market then I think you should not be too worried because the potential development of this market is extremely large. Set specific goals for your head and follow the plan set out to stay active in this market.
I think the severity of being danger is not high but still it involve some risk and that is normal in a crypto world because of being decentralized system, the market changes is unpredictable and therefore in holding altcoins it is advisable to monitor and track the movement of a particular coin that we are holding to minimized some risk.
Activity: 322
May 23, 2018, 02:57:04 AM

Whether a particular altcoin will remain popular depends on how powerful and relevant the technology behind it is. You should carefully choose which of altcoins to hold, be confident in their prospects and not be afraid of the release of ICO on the market.
Pages:
Jump to: