Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 22. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 10:09:11 PM
Depending on the coin you hold, if you hold the coin with no potential and strength, you will lose a certain thing. I believe in the future the Crypto market is not just relying on patience to make a profit. They will be a tougher market for investors.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 09:46:10 PM
There is always a danger when holding altcoins. Because we don't know if the altcoins we hold have a good future ahead or dump in the future.
Activity: 350
May 14, 2018, 05:04:33 PM
It seems to me that it is necessary to follow the altcoin and that keeping the altcoin is one of the good tactics, if it is done at the right time. wait until the price grows and sell coins. At low prices, buy the coins you are interested in.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
May 14, 2018, 04:48:24 PM
It's true that this market is so risky / dangerous.

But what makes you think holding altcoins are dangerous? Do you think holding bitcoin would be safer?
hmm....

Personally, I would prefer holding altcoins over bitcoin at the time being. Bitcoin is an old crypto currency and it's pretty lame in my opinion (slow transaction, expensive fees, overloaded blockchain) while in the other hand with altcoins you can have the exact opposite  (fast-to-instant transaction speed, low fees, etc). The only reason why bitcoin is prioritized over altcoins is because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever known therefore people still choose bitcoin. But what about the future? I'm pretty sure altcoins will win over bitcoin in the future especially if crypto will be used in real life for daily purposes.

Activity: 560
May 14, 2018, 04:22:41 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I will not say that this is too dangerous, but I can warn you that this is difficult, more complex process, but a little podazhdat can be in search of a better result.
Yes that's a general idea about holding a certain amount of currency, and not just in cryptocurrency but also fiat savings always puts you in danges in most certain cases. When all system was involved of money then its value might be always subjected to volatility, and altcoins can be more suitable for that to be more volatile compare of fiat currency. The danger here is because of that reasons, so you must be clever enough of choosing how to buy good and trusted alts.
you are absolutely right, but you can pay attention to the field of authoritative users and their actions. Thus, you can use not only your knowledge, but also act in a proven way of other people.
Activity: 212
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 04:01:03 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I will not say that this is too dangerous, but I can warn you that this is difficult, more complex process, but a little podazhdat can be in search of a better result.
Yes that's a general idea about holding a certain amount of currency, and not just in cryptocurrency but also fiat savings always puts you in danges in most certain cases. When all system was involved of money then its value might be always subjected to volatility, and altcoins can be more suitable for that to be more volatile compare of fiat currency. The danger here is because of that reasons, so you must be clever enough of choosing how to buy good and trusted alts.
Activity: 448
May 14, 2018, 03:48:41 PM

I completely agree with you, because you can choose more effective areas of activity, thus deprive yourself of the risk. You can deal with trade or short-term investments, Although the Crypto currency has risks always and everywhere.
Activity: 518
https://saturn.black
May 14, 2018, 02:43:14 PM

Activity: 286
Merit: 31
May 14, 2018, 06:22:20 AM
we need to balance of all coins while holding all coins nothing is dangerous in holding but we should nt lose balance in holding less speculative coins in market

Many people depending on their investment have earned too much money and others just the opposite maybe even using
similar or similar techniques. That's why I think it's very dangerous because it depends on the currency and how it is handled.
marketing at that time but it also depends a lot on us to know how to invest.
Regarding about investing, all investment is very dangerous so please be aware before investing.
Use free money or afford money to try to get smaller impact if its loss. Never greedy to get rich too fast since it will bring yourself in more dangerous.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
May 14, 2018, 06:19:32 AM
I think  it is quite dangerous.  What do you expect?  Every alt can't keep on rising you know.   Now that would be easy?  If these coins can go +200% in a week, do you really expect them not stay at that level?  BTC itself is dangerous and alts are even more dangerous.  But that's the fun part actually.  If BTC goes down, alts go even more down.  If btc recovers, they tend to recover even more.  It's a shame you can hardly trade usd to alts (I own).  Now that would be neat for trading!
Activity: 196
Merit: 24
May 11, 2018, 02:22:00 AM
By holding for altcoims yoh must find a legit altcoins and have good progress for next i think, its possible  double up your money by holding altcoins who have good progress, but if u choice wrong coin yo holding you will loss your money
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
May 11, 2018, 01:51:45 AM
In this market, everything is dangerous, but holding is the safest way even with significant losses. But scammers and projects that are only aimed to deceive you are much more dangerous and this spoils the reputation of the crypto currency and frightens off new investors.
Activity: 114
May 10, 2018, 02:13:40 PM
Why would be dangerous? Maybe if short term profit is what you want. But you deeply searched on what altcoins you want to buy and you've really believe on their technology I don't think that will be dangerous because you will hold it for long term and have a perfect sell target.
Activity: 166
May 10, 2018, 11:24:29 AM
Hold the coin I'm sure is not dangerous. Under the conditions of the current market price, if we could choose a coin that has good quality and had the potential to grow. Of course, this gives motivation for us to always do the trading, and help us in the search for profits.
Activity: 476
https://saturn.black
May 10, 2018, 11:08:28 AM
You do not have to call all Altcoins. I agree with you that most of the coins just disappear after a while. But the market such as the whales Bitcoin and Ethereum could qualify for long storage
Activity: 51
May 10, 2018, 10:26:34 AM
It depends. If you do your own research on the project, the team behind it, etc then you stand a better chance of landing a winner. Besides, a less riskier approach are airdrops. This gives you a chance to 'test drive' the product before investing in it. heard of  Bitcoin Crown? The Bitcoin Crown (BTCC) platform offers the safest crypto platform for online gamers & crypto currencies worldwide. Currently being airdropped. Give it a try! Goodluck!
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
May 10, 2018, 09:43:40 AM
I rather choose the term risky than dangerous  Grin
Not only altcoin is risky pal, even bitcoin too.Investing in cryptocurrency may it be bitcoin or even stock currencies have risk.The risk of losing your profit.Since you cant predict the outcome when it will go down or up anytime.Although as time of experience in trading, it can help you to be more cautious to trade professionaly to avoid big loss.As we always keep saying, invest only what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 434
May 10, 2018, 09:04:08 AM
i dont think that hodl altcoin is dangerous. it depends on the potential of the token that you holding. if you think that your token has a very good potential in the near future. its better to hodl it. hodl by your own risk. but for me it depends in the holder of the token.

The right term would probably risk. Dangerous doesn't sound good and  people will definitely find it hard to explain. Anyway, hodling coins will be definitely have some risk because of its volatility. We are not sure what will be its final value and when it will go up and down. Everything in crypto space is really risky business  due to the uncontrolled price of the coin. So, we need to be always doing some monitoring every now and then because crypto behaves unnaturally.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
May 10, 2018, 08:57:30 AM

There is always that risk if you want to hold coins for years but risks will result in great gains if successful. All you need to do is follow the project and monitor and decide for your self if it has a future.

yes it's right but only shitcoin are dangerous to hold for years. you must sell shitcoin when it give you in profit we can hold only valuable coins for years then it will give highest profit in return of investment. if we hold bitcoin and eth and bitcoincash for years then we will in profit but all shit coin are hold in result you will lost all you money.
Activity: 308
May 10, 2018, 08:17:59 AM
i dont think that hodl altcoin is dangerous. it depends on the potential of the token that you holding. if you think that your token has a very good potential in the near future. its better to hodl it. hodl by your own risk. but for me it depends in the holder of the token.
Pages:
Jump to: