Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 3. (Read 4449 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 01:20:32 AM
No in General, the altcoins market will also grow, the question is how long you plan to invest, and what risks are ready.
I for example invest for 2 or 3 years. I'm sure that every altcoin and top 100 has a chance to grow very much

It is always better to stay positive yourself and do not pay attention to any negative around you. I believe that the market situation will change really very soon.
we can't know that altcoins are dangerous,
but we can reduce that risk by not investing all your money,
Activity: 826
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 12:59:29 AM
Holding altcoins is a better thing and has the opportunity to profit someday, I think it's better to wait for the market to recover and get a big profit rather than selling in a loss condition.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
September 13, 2018, 12:25:08 AM

Definitely. You have to select well which altcoin to invest on. This time is very different from the past years as there is upsurge of new alts and knowing which are worthy to invest on will be tedious yet productive as your investment will have greater chance of gain in return. So it is very important to have a thorough research on selecting an altcoin to get rid of possible loss eventually.
Some alts didn't make their values last long, especially now that the market is arent in good shape, so better choose companies that are into developing and have ideas to evolve their project for potential growth.
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 10:43:35 PM
Not to say that it is quite dangerous, but there is always a certain risk, also with any coin, you always need to take the risk to earn more resources than expected, without risk. I think. Undecided Grin
Not to say that it is dangerous enough, there is always a risk with any coin, you always need to take the risk to get more. It always depends on the coin you hold. Can you imagine how rich people have held good coins a few years ago? So basically holding a harmless one always depends on the coin.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 10:22:25 PM
I guess not. This crypto currency has already proved its reliability, and after adjustment it will begin to grow. So there is no danger here.
Activity: 94
September 12, 2018, 04:49:13 AM
It actually depends on a couple of factors. Holding is key to making profits in the altcoin market, but at the same time, a Holder needs to research on the coin they are holding, lest, they may end become dead coins. Attention to the cryptocurrency exchange market is important to help decide which coin to hodl and which one to sell off.
Merit: 501
September 12, 2018, 04:13:12 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I think with ICOs, many of them drop in price but a small percentage have huge gains. If you have invested in lots of ICOs and hold them, this increases your chances of holding one that makes those gains.
However - and a big however - the market has been bearish for so long now, that everything is dropping in price.
If it is a great project and you have faith in it, then you'll need to hold until development has reached a stage where the project has a live working system and can gain some price momentum.

Definitely. You have to select well which altcoin to invest on. This time is very different from the past years as there is upsurge of new alts and knowing which are worthy to invest on will be tedious yet productive as your investment will have greater chance of gain in return. So it is very important to have a thorough research on selecting an altcoin to get rid of possible loss eventually.
Activity: 518
September 12, 2018, 03:58:09 AM
No in General, the altcoins market will also grow, the question is how long you plan to invest, and what risks are ready.
I for example invest for 2 or 3 years. I'm sure that every altcoin and top 100 has a chance to grow very much

It is always better to stay positive yourself and do not pay attention to any negative around you. I believe that the market situation will change really very soon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
September 11, 2018, 12:56:08 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I think with ICOs, many of them drop in price but a small percentage have huge gains. If you have invested in lots of ICOs and hold them, this increases your chances of holding one that makes those gains.
However - and a big however - the market has been bearish for so long now, that everything is dropping in price.
If it is a great project and you have faith in it, then you'll need to hold until development has reached a stage where the project has a live working system and can gain some price momentum.
Activity: 56
September 11, 2018, 12:55:20 PM
That's why trading and investing is difficult. We constantly get profit somewhere and almost immediately lose other investments.
Activity: 434
September 11, 2018, 12:48:40 PM
If I answered this question in February 2018, I would say no, on the contrary - to keep funds in altcoins is promising, but unfortunately this is a misconception.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Ccfound
September 11, 2018, 12:43:56 PM
be very selective if you want to hold altcoin for long term period investment, because most of altcoin were highly vulnerable to be undervalue. and i really dont want you to lost all of your investment in cryptocurrency. we have a lot of altcoin even with similar useful and purposes. i think this is the reason why most of altcoin will never last above 5 years. i will tend to select very legit and potential ICO for my long term investment, it is more profitable rather than investing with existing altcoin.
Activity: 182
September 11, 2018, 12:37:41 PM
It depends on the situation and the market. Holding is a simple and extremely effective trend in 2017. But now, it is losing ground due to weather conditions are unstable and difficult. But I believe it will soon return.
Activity: 293
September 11, 2018, 12:27:10 PM
Keeping the Altcoins dangerous is not up to us. If the low price period you keep reasonable then there is no risk. But if you hold the Altcoins when their price is high you do not sell dangerous. In short it depends on the situation of each person that we consider whether to keep or not keep Altcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM
September 11, 2018, 11:30:43 AM
Everything with altcoins is dangerous. Such as everything with crypto is dangerous. But when you invest in altcoins except ETH and other top-10 you are risking more then ever.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
September 11, 2018, 10:31:55 AM

If you are too passive and don't regularly check the news about your altcoins, then it could be.
If you don't do the necessary research on the coin before buying, then it could be.
If you blindly follow hype without knowing what you are doing, then it could be.

Holding altcoins can be profitable or dangerous but that depends on you. Make sure you know what you are getting into!
Merit: 281
September 11, 2018, 10:28:59 AM
thats depends on which altcoins u hold , if u holding a strong altcoins for long term , i think its a good idea and isn't a dangerous action.
but , if u want hold , dont put all of your money into 1 altcoins , better spread your money to other altcoins too.
Activity: 56
September 11, 2018, 10:14:15 AM
Yes it looks like the Alts are in a very serious situation. If btc goes below 6k for a long term Alts can be in real trouble. even Ethereum can go below $100.
Activity: 693
September 11, 2018, 10:07:57 AM
Holding is dangerous if you are holding shitcoins holding is dangerous if you are holding pump and dump coin,  Just take a good look  at coinmarketcap history few years back and check out the previous top 100 coins and look at where majority of those coins are now,  so it's better to hold a solid project coin
Holding is not dangerous if we learn some techniques, I agree that only holding of shitcoins and very volatile coin will lead only to dillema that the time comes your holding goes for nothing.
Activity: 60
September 09, 2018, 02:20:46 PM
I am particularly weary of altcoins in general at the moment, i will be more comfortable when things in the market improve
Pages:
Jump to: