Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 5. (Read 4449 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
August 30, 2018, 10:37:11 AM
It all depends on the altcoins in which you store your savings. It's like playing roulette, if you don't use system analysis. In any case, the strategy for dolgosrok is quite promising, because over the years, the cryptocurrency is only growing so far.

Perhaps I will agree that you can not compare different coins and work in the market the same way. Somewhere you lose, but somewhere on the contrary, growth begins. Therefore, I try to work with different strategies.
Activity: 378
Merit: 4
August 30, 2018, 10:31:39 AM
it depends on what tokens u keep. u need to find the real gems in a bunch of altcoin tokens. if it is quality altcoin. it will rise quickly when the bull market returns. for example, IOTA, EOS, NEO , Tezos
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
August 30, 2018, 08:44:33 AM
its difficult to select which altcoin are most potential to hold for long term period investment and might profitable for you, since any altcoin can be dumped or pumped by any whales or even can be zero value. i used to invest with long term period strategy, and i will tend to choose bitcoin or ethereum to invest, because i need more secure and potentially profitable in long term investment. both of coins really make me investing without any worries.
Activity: 1016
Merit: 391
August 30, 2018, 08:29:45 AM
Overall in relation to the topic and the current time, we can say that holding is dangerous especially currencies that are in decline for months. However we can not deny that holding is a practice where few people have the ability to use where a structure is also needed. In terms we can sum up in a personal strategy where we must take risks and gains.
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 07:09:46 AM
It depends which altcoin exactly you hold. If it is well-known altcoin from top 50 it is not dangerous. If it is some new project then be very careful, because they sometimes die in a couple of months.
Activity: 168
Merit: 9
August 29, 2018, 02:46:22 PM
It is if you didn't buy at the bottom. You should know when you need to cut losses and stop hodling.
Activity: 473
Merit: 100
August 29, 2018, 02:27:12 PM
Although the entire crypto market is risky as you are not sure of what will happen to the coin because of its volatile nature but I think if you buy potential and promising altcoin, if you hold them it will be profitable because they will also grow with the market and then you make profit.
Activity: 48
August 29, 2018, 02:21:56 PM
Lot of altcoins are in cryptomarket but best altcoins holding is not dangerous. But some new altcoins and low market cap altcoins are holding is very dangerous because now continuesly market is falling so some altcoins can't survive this situation.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
August 29, 2018, 01:50:31 PM
I think that hold is not good strategy in the current situation. Because we all should recognize that alrcoins can crash in anytime. It is better to sell all cryptocurrencies during this pump, try to rebuy in dip and sell again. Also I often open short positions through margin trading and earn money from it. I think that this downtrend will continue about 1 year. Only in the middle of the next year you can try to invest in cryptocurrencies for long. And of course it will be better for you to hold them for long period of time only after this situation, when Bitcoin will reach its dip under 2K$, approximately 1 year.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
August 29, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
If you understood what these coins are needed and used them someone anything dangerous, I do not see, and if you saw that begin to rise sharply some altcon and immediately running to buy it for the first time seeing his name, it certainly is an investment threat.
Activity: 72
August 29, 2018, 12:30:42 AM
It's not dangerous as you think. You can see there's still many altcoins exist and some of them are really a good token for investment. For example you can see in the chart history for the best ten token in the coinmarketcap. I'm sure they're good coin. Just do a bit reasearch about them, you'll find it.
Activity: 854
August 28, 2018, 11:36:40 PM
It is dangerous because when the bitcoin price starts increasing again you will make some profit. Before buying any altcoin you need to look at their potential aspects in this way, even though bitcoin prices decrease, definitely will increase their price if you hold them for the long term.
XG
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
August 28, 2018, 10:06:35 PM
it will not be dangerous even if you hold altcoin in any amount. altcoin that is currently low value is not set for success by dev and his team they let when their successful ico achievement did not continue to develop the ico because it already gains
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
August 16, 2018, 10:16:56 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
it depends on coin which you hold. if you hold good coin in good market condition, you will get big profit. vice viersa
that's why we need know a coin and how situation in the market
Activity: 168
August 16, 2018, 09:25:08 AM
It depends on how long you hold your altcoins cause altcoins price is slowly go down for a long term hold only few of them the price goes up in long term it depends also when the bitcoin price is going down or up..
Activity: 79
August 15, 2018, 11:41:14 PM
Alts have themselves potentials to grow faster than bitcoin so the answer is yes.
However, you gotta do research and pick real decent coins before investing in as altcoins are more dangerous than bitcoin and ethereum. Learn how to do research first.
Activity: 118
August 15, 2018, 11:30:53 PM
By participating in different bounties and airdrops, I have come to the conclusion that holding altcoins for too long is not profitable because they tend to fall significantly in price compare to its value during the ICO period, so I prefer to sell my altcoins as soon as I get some good profit.
copper member
Activity: 224
August 15, 2018, 10:06:31 AM
it depends on whether it has actual applications in the real world. if an altcoin is tightly connected to the real world. i will invest in it. even if its price drops sharply, in a bear market. i will keep it until it matures.
Activity: 126
August 15, 2018, 10:03:27 AM
A paradox as it may seem, but isn’t it how it supposed to be? We arenin the era where evolution isthe only consistent thing. There are new ICO that can be better than the top Altcoins that is currently in the market. And investors will always go for a bigger profit.
Activity: 434
August 15, 2018, 09:59:13 AM
No its not dangerous, this is the best time to buy and hold altcoins when the market is red because when the market recovers you will surely get a huge profit in right time.
Pages:
Jump to: