Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 54. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 05:57:45 AM
Holding altcoins it's not dangerous.No altcoin will suddenly fall apart.You have the existing altcoins situation everyday need to look at the market.
Activity: 117
Merit: 1
February 10, 2018, 05:42:14 AM
There are both risks and rewards either for altcoin investment or BTC/LTC investment. So it mainly depends on how much you can handle the risks and how much money you want to invest! There are so many altcoins now, so you must be share when making the decision!
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
February 10, 2018, 05:32:22 AM
Absolutely not. They will give you good profits if you hodl
Activity: 31
February 10, 2018, 05:27:33 AM
not at all , alts moon in 2019 !
Activity: 210
February 10, 2018, 04:54:54 AM
Holding altcoins is not dangerous at all, its risks on your own! Some coins tend to grow and a have movement on their values, but some unfortunate coins ma loss their value and slowly fade away if the owner of that coin is concerned with it, then making new strategy to upsell their coin is not possible but some are just out of luck or doesn't care anymore because they have already gained what they want, so be careful on choosing on what coin to hold.
Activity: 170
Merit: 46
February 10, 2018, 04:20:28 AM
Most of them will fail, it depends on which coins you hold. If you hold coins with no chance, then you are very likely to fail with them in the future. Good coins may die as well.
Holding verythibg is good if you know how to handle it, if you have altcoins its easy to hold but risk if your out of control holding alt needs a lot of patience as we see for the value too slow to pump and dump. It takes a months or even for a years to have a bigger value than the time of hold
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 04:18:34 AM
Well it is also both risky and dangerous but that is what business is. You might win or loose. But in this business there is a big percentage of winning. All you have to do is the courage to hold all of your potential coins. Because even if the bitcoin and other coins will fall, it will still grow again and there is nothing to worry on holding.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 04:10:14 AM
It is %100 more risky than holding bitcoin. Altcoins have very risky and volatile nature. They are affected harder with bad news, hack news etc. But they are equally affected by pump news so I think its fair to invest against risk for better profits.
Activity: 136
February 10, 2018, 03:45:33 AM
dangerous if you can't wait too freaked out if at any time the price of the coin falls, it's usually done by novice investors who hold their coins.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
February 10, 2018, 02:56:17 AM
A bit risky but not that dangerous if you don't hold for a long time.. Some alts boom but most of them dies.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
February 10, 2018, 02:43:29 AM
Investing in altcoins was the best thing to do last year but I don't know if this year is going to be the same, nothing can go up forever I think the altcoins and ICO's bubbles are going to explode soon, something like in the next 3-6 months.
Activity: 364
February 10, 2018, 02:27:15 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Indeed a very large number of coins have already become dead, new ones have appeared and they are no worse than the old ones. Over time, everything is improved and past mistakes are taken into account, but every investment in any coin is a big risk. Therefore, you can not worry when you hold the alt in your portfolio, here half of the forum are.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 02:11:55 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Most of us invest ICOs aim to get high profit from them rather then for their inovation. So when the profit is  fulfilled, it seems no reason for us to hold them. Most of speculations make the altcoins pump and dump and then finally dead like Penny Stocks.
Activity: 56
February 10, 2018, 02:06:44 AM

High risk and high profit.
As the number of ICOs raise, the risk of lose will grow.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 10, 2018, 01:58:47 AM
I don't think holding altcoins can be dangerous because you wouldn't be holding something not unless you know that coin has potential to grow big in the future right? Just like buying coins in the trading site, of course you would find time first to do research on the coins you are investing and not just randomly selecting coins out of nowhere.
Activity: 770
Merit: 258
The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation
February 10, 2018, 01:37:57 AM
It depend what kind of alt you hold. If you hold scam alt like règal coin and bitconnect you probably will going bancrupt in a year. Just invest to alt which have a real used case for blockchain like ethereum and ico on top of ethereum blockchain like savedroid, quantum1net, denaro, cindicator. If you hold such alt you will win thats why you need a research first before investing.
Activity: 62
February 08, 2018, 05:39:22 AM
As soon as you hold alts with active development and sufficient community. With large coins (Top 10) you have less chance that they just die or disappear of course. But generally, with a bit of due digilence, you are safe.
Activity: 24
February 08, 2018, 05:30:50 AM
I hold 5 alts and all I have to do is wait patiently. Im sure of it, because time works in our favor on the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 353
February 08, 2018, 02:37:35 AM
altcoin is not as dangerous as you say. Most people earn money thanks to altcoin. This is a good investment. they buy cheap altcoin. As bitcoin goes up, every altcoin goes up. When bitcoin is down, altcoin goes down. So we can control it. If you are the holder just keep to the goal and do not care about the current price
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
February 08, 2018, 02:30:17 AM
It's depend on the coin that you hold, but if you keep on following the news you should able to control your investment, its a bit risky to hold alt coins but it also can be profitable, so if you can choose the right coin then its not dangerous at all, but if you choose recklessly then it's dangerous
Pages:
Jump to: