Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 22. (Read 31553 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 101
December 08, 2017, 05:22:54 PM
I think there could be better solutions to the increasing ICOs rather than regulation. Regulations in my opinion may not be suitable in cryptocurrency technology. Currently, there is a lack of clarity and uniformity on the issue of ICO regulation. Countries are divided on their stance. Banks, governments and regulators seem to all be taking different stances on action toward ICO’s and regulation of the Blockchain system in general. The main issue that is posing challenges to regulators, however, is the kind of system in which Blockchain companies are operating. Essentially the decentralized nature of the coins means that no single entity is responsible for issuing coins meaning that regulators will only be able to go after third party service providers. In a nutshell, regulations of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is wrong looking at it properly in every argument.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
December 08, 2017, 04:35:41 PM
ICO regulations are good if you dont want scammers to run away with your money.
If you would like to find good ICO projects check here.
ICO list www.listico.io ongoing and upcoming ICO listing website
Activity: 14
November 24, 2017, 07:11:28 AM
All these questions about future are really interesting... I think future of crypto overall is a very interesting and important topic.. and I want to learn more about it...
 From my experience, I feel that conferences could be a good way to learn. I found this one https://blockshowasia.com/ and I'm thinking to go, but tickets are not so cheap, but I suppose it could worth it... what do you think guys? have you heard about it?
Activity: 18
November 22, 2017, 06:34:58 PM
I think that there's a ton of ICOs out there and still tons of incoming. What will happen if everyone would do this
Activity: 120
November 17, 2017, 01:25:42 PM
Ico regulation is good because people will be protected from being scammed
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
November 17, 2017, 03:39:04 AM
Regulation should be seen positively, do not fear regulation but embrace it.

With clear rules regulation will legitimize the space which in turn will make things better for both ICO makers and contributors.

Yes you are right, but in my personal opinions regulation for ICOs are not good because the investors must be acredited by the government, it is mean all of the people can not participate into ICOs projects, i am more like ICOs doesn't be regulated by any other government, it will be easy to all of the people can participate into the ICOs, the community are free to makes decision, ICOs are new model investment in digital coins, regulation for investment is just for stocks markets.
Activity: 299
Merit: 10
Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network
November 16, 2017, 07:03:01 AM
It totally depends on the shape of the regulation and whether or not those writing it fully understand the space that they are trying to bring under control.

The bottom line with this stuff is that activity in this space can be matched fairly easily to existing legislation for "traditional" financial mechanisms and businesses. Follow the the guidelines and laws in your jurisdiction as closely as possible and you are unlikely to have any trouble when direct regulation is imposed.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 16, 2017, 06:58:22 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

It might be good and bad at the same time.
The good part is that gov regulations might reduce the number of scams. The bad part is overregulation to the extent that ICO would be no longer attractive to start-ups and investors with a major deviation from principals crypto community holds dear. 
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange
November 16, 2017, 02:00:11 AM
Regulations in the right spirit are always good. At the end of the day if 90% ICOs go bust and 90% investors loose. This economy is gonna die. We must support anything that can make it better for both genuine startups and common investors.
Activity: 567
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 16, 2017, 01:02:15 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

There may be disadvantages also when these regulatory laws and policies will be implemented but the advantages will weigh much more. I am totally in favor of ICO regulation. This will actually be very beneficial to all projects that will use the ICO and to all ICO investors as well, especially those that are not experts and experienced in terms of choosing the best ICOs. I think this will push higher the raised funds of ICOs because investors will now be thinking that they are safe in ICO investment. 
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
homt.net
November 16, 2017, 12:52:18 AM
In my point of view, ICO regulation would be good seeing that ICOs are just appearing from time to time. Airdrops are happening everyday with no clear roadmap and some are just pure scam and just try to get some information from people making the participants fill up some form in which the information they require is private key instead of the public address in which the newbies can be the victim of. ICO regulation would protect the investors losing its money from the potential scammers and this would scare of the people who have hideous intentions because there would be legal action against them.
Yes i do strongly support your view even i was the victim of scam ICO when i was newbie Recent days lots of airdrops happening with no roadmap or proper intention . Now i stopped particaipating mOst of the airdops . ICO has to be regulated for the protection of investors.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
November 16, 2017, 12:44:06 AM
In my point of view, ICO regulation would be good seeing that ICOs are just appearing from time to time. Airdrops are happening everyday with no clear roadmap and some are just pure scam and just try to get some information from people making the participants fill up some form in which the information they require is private key instead of the public address in which the newbies can be the victim of. ICO regulation would protect the investors losing its money from the potential scammers and this would scare of the people who have hideous intentions because there would be legal action against them.
Activity: 38
November 16, 2017, 12:16:33 AM

As for me, I believe it will bring more good than bad. As a person, who lives in Russia for a long time, I don't like all this regulation stuff. But on the other hand, I saw a lot of people losing their money just because of their poor knowledge but a strong interest in crypto.

They lost their money cause nowadays any person can make ICO, collect any amount of crypto, just say that he has been hacked and he lost all of the money. Then he'll sit on his plane and get vanished.

So, it goes without saying that there should be regulation, but not to spoil it to SMBs - that is a question
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
November 16, 2017, 12:12:09 AM
i think using regulations for every ico project is extremely important, it helps even new people can follow and execute exactly, moreover it can keep that ico have a good model to follow step by step, not messing up or stop cheating from bad guys want much more benefits from normal person.

My government need some guarantee for preventing people getting scam so it's reasonable that ICO need regulation.
Bitcoin usually can be use criminal attempt so that's why my government still not legalize bitcoin yet !
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
November 15, 2017, 11:57:49 PM

As long as the government's regulation will not affect much the profit of both big and small investors then we shouldn't wordy much especially now that there are a lot of scam ICOs then we need the government to protect us especially those who didn't take time to know the project and fall victim easily in this kind of schemes.
Activity: 322
November 15, 2017, 11:52:24 PM

With clear rules regulation will legitimize the space which in turn will make things better for both ICO makers and contributors.

With regulation comes decentralization. In the case of ico regulation I agree with it, but in the case of btc I'd like it to stay as decentralized as possible.

We are only talking about the ICO and not with the bitcoin since this one would be better if it will remain as decentralized since no institution,government or anyone can actually control nor manipulate it. But i will agree with ICO regulation since by this we can lessen up the scammers building some shit acts on this furom and crypto ecosystem.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
November 15, 2017, 11:49:17 PM
i think using regulations for every ico project is extremely important, it helps even new people can follow and execute exactly, moreover it can keep that ico have a good model to follow step by step, not messing up or stop cheating from bad guys want much more benefits from normal person.
Activity: 686
November 15, 2017, 11:45:11 PM

With regulation comes decentralization. In the case of ico regulation I agree with it, but in the case of btc I'd like it to stay as decentralized as possible.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
November 15, 2017, 11:41:50 PM
I thing some regulation are good for the market but most ICO are scam and people are juts losing a lot of money and they are able to take their money back so regulation are good they don't block good project or now the strong and fundamental good project get some more attention in the future.
copper member
Activity: 15
November 15, 2017, 11:28:31 PM

Pages:
Jump to: