Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 18. (Read 31553 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
December 14, 2018, 07:25:38 PM
This is good for the cryptocurrency market, but there is nothing unambiguous. ICO regulation will come out sideways, as many projects will simply die. But in the long run, it's good.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
December 14, 2018, 03:01:45 PM
There is no regulation on ICO now, as man group or people can do their own ICO to scam people.
But most people in the community of cryptocurrency wants to have regulation in every ICO to clean the community and get rid of many SCAMMERS.
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
December 14, 2018, 03:00:13 PM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

Just governments want a share of the investment. It is very difficult. I think that if all projects become regulated, the percentage of profits will fall. And the investment will be menia interest investors.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 14, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
I think most of the cases ICO regulations are good. I am not saying about baning things but  regulate it make it easy for general investors. Cause in last few months we saw a lots of ICO scams and failed ICO. So it will be better if there are some rules to follow by the ICO devlopers. But there will be some problem like the quantity of ICO  will be less. But the whole ecosystem will be more secure for investors which is very needed at this moment. So I think regulate ICOs is a very good Idea.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
December 13, 2018, 05:59:53 PM
I am not a fun of regulation as Crypto should be decentralized.
It would be nice to have a world wide  self regulated. decentralized model for ICOs which would secure  investors from scammers.
It is easier to be said than done.
Every investment has it`s risks and regulations are needed to make the projects transparent and to clean up  the market from fake projects.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
December 13, 2018, 05:35:44 PM
I do not think that the government should interfere in cryptocurrency. It seems to me that the cryptocurrency should remain decentralized and unregulated.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
December 13, 2018, 05:33:34 PM
Regulation will help get rid of scams and attract new investors who are afraid to invest their money is unclear where. The main thing that this regulation was adequate. Protecting the rights of investors will not hurt, but the introduction of various prohibitions and unnecessary rules could have a negative impact on us.
copper member
Activity: 362
Merit: 1
December 13, 2018, 05:30:37 PM
For me it is preferable to have regulated ico. In this case we can avoid a good part of scams
For now, I can say it's bad because it's often scams when project able to releases, I believe there's a reason for that which is behind the market regulation. Although it comes in that situation I'm still waiting for the market recovery.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
December 13, 2018, 05:19:38 PM
For me it is preferable to have regulated ico. In this case we can avoid a good part of scams
Activity: 322
https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything
December 13, 2018, 05:12:22 PM
It is a great idea to regulate ICO because we need to find a way of how to protect investors from different art of scam projects. Because otherwise we will lose a lot of audience and maybe the whole ICO market will die.

The idea of regulation is good and bad at the same time. It contradicts the idea of the market and decentralization! In the market, the principle of natural selection should prevail, that's more relevant.
Activity: 368
December 12, 2018, 06:48:33 AM
it is a contraversary question as when they are controlled too much we will suffer but the same will happen if scammers continue to grow
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
December 12, 2018, 06:47:48 AM
Am in support of ICOs regulations because it will give authorities the chance to see to it that any ICO capable of accepting a working projects an ICO team should be able to figure out an existing problem in the society and be able to fix such problem on the blockchain technology making it a global problem. If icos are regulated properly the will be low rate of scam ICO that tend to run away with investors found.
Activity: 462
December 12, 2018, 06:47:10 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

I believe that this will be extremely positive. The regulation will provide the necessary level of protection for the interests of investors. Many scammers disguise themselves as organizers of the ICO. So they can earn a huge amount of money on trustful investors with impunity. In addition, there are developers on the market who, due to lack of experience, simply cannot bring their own projects to life. It is for this reason that many governments want to regulate the scope of ICO, as in this case they can provide real protection for the interests of investors.
Activity: 154
December 12, 2018, 06:37:02 AM
It seems to me that this is more good than bad. If the ICO's will be regulated, there will be less scam, therefore - fewer deceived investors. And everyone will be happy.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
December 12, 2018, 05:28:59 AM
I do not think it is going to be the best decision. Because regulation is not what the crypto currencies are standing for, the idea is to create an ecosystem that is fully automated without any third party and governments regulations do not correlate with that.
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
December 12, 2018, 05:10:35 AM
It is a great idea to regulate ICO because we need to find a way of how to protect investors from different art of scam projects. Because otherwise we will lose a lot of audience and maybe the whole ICO market will die.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
December 12, 2018, 05:04:23 AM

If some countries will regulate the number of ICOs in their specific country then it will have some advantage/s and disadvantage/s in some part. There will be a possibility that it can regulate the number of scam ICOs which being published by unknown management/s, it will also increase the number of public and private investors if newly ICOs will be published.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
December 12, 2018, 04:48:07 AM
It is not good to regulate the free decentralized market, but probably there is no other choice, so many scams recently were launched and we have to fight with them.
Activity: 602
December 12, 2018, 04:38:10 AM
For me there is nothing bad to have regulation, so I believe this measure could stimulate market to grow, so it is what I am waiting for.
So many manipulators around us, so I think there should be regulator solving these issues.
Activity: 420
December 12, 2018, 04:30:22 AM
I think ICO regulation is very good for the cryptocurrency market, but I am not sure that these governments will do this. Some governments hate cryptocurrencies, so I am not sure that the launch of ICO projects will be regulated in the future. Perhaps only a few countries can be realised.
Pages:
Jump to: