Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 28. (Read 31553 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 07:41:10 AM
Did any of the ICO owners, teams thought about self-regulating? I know it sounds funny, but it makes a lot of sense.
Activity: 322
Merit: 122
Hello World!
October 18, 2017, 07:34:08 PM
Without a doubt ICO regulation is good. Why it isn't already under the same restrictions as any company is why it is being banned in so many countries. In order to raise funds, especially millions of dollars, you should have to register as a company and go through the formal process of soliciting investors. There is a reason why companies cant just put up a sign on the internet asking for money in return for "tokens" -physical or cyrpto.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
October 17, 2017, 07:36:07 PM
We all feel that the word Regulation is strange and incompatible when it comes to crypto activities simply because it's against the liberty and decentralization of power we fight for.

But lets get real, the decentralized nature of an ICO doesn't mean all of a sudden we are anarchists and when million and millions of dollars are transfered from investors to "teams" promising this and that we gota have some degree of regulation to protect investors from fraud. I'm ok with this kinda of regulation to protect people  but if the regulation means the government will start to control and tax crypto and every ICO around I'm against it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
October 17, 2017, 07:35:21 PM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

i think before say about ico regulate
is good much country regulated bitcoin, china and canada is not yet reagulate bitcoin, so before ico regulate, the first must bitcoin regulate

i think is very good if ico regulate, because investor can guaranted project not scam
Activity: 76
October 17, 2017, 07:29:18 PM
I believe it's a good thing and a necessary chapter in the development of the crypto market as a whole.Everyone knows for the crypto market are only a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 17, 2017, 07:21:50 PM
Some time ago the decision about ICO indeed could affect the market confidence in digital currency, especially a very rampant project. But now the market is back to normal, I think there is no significant impact on the ICO. Currently ICO is developing well, many projects are growing and also some investment shows a very outstanding graphics.
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 07:16:54 PM
Regulation is okay to protect investors.
As long as the government will not try to make intervention on there just like what already did by china with the exchange site and investors. It will be good to see the ico must try to register its project in there,
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
October 17, 2017, 07:13:38 PM
It's definitely a good thing imo, cuz imagine if there was no regulation at all ?
That's why we all have a nice forum called Bitcointalk where all of us can share our experiences regarding a certain ICO ( positives and negatives, sometimes even scam/rip-off reports).
That's definitely a huge + for a lot of future investors out there + regulation means good protection as well, but at the same time, letting a country gov to regulate your ICO won't be a good thing when it comes to speculations for example.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 06:56:58 PM
I think this is a good move of every government to regulate each ICO because if you will notice ICO's now adays are like mushrooms. You don't which and which aren't scam. If ICO per say, I would say yes, but regulating Cryptocurrency, it's a big NO for me.
Activity: 392
October 17, 2017, 02:17:43 PM
Regulation is okay to protect investors.
Merit: 253
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
October 17, 2017, 01:34:08 PM
Ico regulation is actually very good thing.
There are too many ICO scams and people lost too much money, someone has to stop it. It has a bad side too, regulation will bring taxes, but better to pay tax than to lose all money because someone scammed you.
Activity: 350
October 17, 2017, 01:26:37 PM
I think some rules are good for the market. So many people got scammed by fake projects. I think good, because now good projects and good fundamentals get more attention in the future! so the market will get better.
Activity: 382
October 17, 2017, 09:07:10 AM
imo if forums and exchanges work together by vetting a ico properly and not promoting or admitting a ico before they know who is behind it

if they dont goverments all over the world will get a foot in the door making sure you don t profit unless you are in the inner circel just as it works now

but its like talking to a brick wall imo goverments have tried for years to destroy crypto what do you think will happen ??

Merit: 103
October 16, 2017, 06:37:12 PM
Regulation of ICO means the country that implements it would have a better control on the money that goes into their economy. They can also implement laws to protect venture capitalist from getting scammed and also get stricter on ICO's which would eventually decrease in the market. All these being said, I think it is a good thing if ICO's were regulated.
Activity: 210
October 16, 2017, 05:20:18 PM
If it is mainly meant to protect people from scam ICO, then it is good thing, otherwise not.
Activity: 126
October 16, 2017, 05:18:35 PM
good and bad . . .  not bad because  i think this will help us by the side of by regulation they will limit scammers , but on the other hand i cant understnt how can be regulated and decentralised ...... privacy is the right hand of cryptos....
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
October 16, 2017, 02:11:34 PM
regulation change is good in market for trading.

will stop whales from messing with coin price and help the little guy... but if gov bans crypto it will obviously bad. Hopefully most govs will allow crypto trading to continue
Activity: 278
Merit: 11
October 16, 2017, 01:09:50 PM
I believe that it depends on what the regulation is trying to do.

If they are trying to kill ICO's then it won't help and will be a negative.

If sensible rules are implemented which raises the ICO standards, then I think it is a good idea.
Activity: 1150
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
October 16, 2017, 09:34:31 AM
I think some regulations are necessary, because crypto currencies, as we know them today, are a new class of financial instrumentation.  What this means is, it's not the question of, will it be regulated, but actually,  when will it be regulated?
   Crypto coins/tokens are a tough sea to navigate through when it comes to legal concerns, as one must tread/paddle carefully through these waters. There are a lot of gray areas within bitcoins legal sector, and I think, that regulations will help provide a detailed map, so one doesn't get lost at sea, or attacked by sharks, and whales (metaphorically speaking).   Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 09:11:04 AM
There will be pros and cons, less scammers and possibly less profit to be made aswell depending on regulations.
Pages:
Jump to: