Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 32. (Read 31553 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 08, 2017, 05:33:45 PM
The problem is all the morons that just buy in without doing their due diligence gives the regulators a reason to step in.

DO YOUR FUCKING HOMEWORK!!!

And if you don't know how pay someone to do it for you.

We don't need any fucking nanny state stepping in we already have fucking banks goddamn it.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
October 08, 2017, 02:17:58 PM
Every difficult thing connected with money should be regulated. But we need a special organization which regulates it without corruption and not for personal purposes.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
October 08, 2017, 03:00:18 AM
Good for me because every month I can say that 1/100 ICO announcements is legit.
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
October 08, 2017, 12:54:43 AM
I don't know if regulation would be the correct one, but should yes end up with so much ICO scam that is being released. This is all the fault of the ETH.

It has gotten worse since eth, but ico scams were always a problem.
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
October 08, 2017, 12:42:05 AM
As ICO regulations imposed, of course for the good of the entire community. And everyone in this forum can gained benefits from this,. Actually this is just a way in order to have a smooth transaction or flow in the forum that give a huge impact in the crypto world.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 12:32:09 AM
I don't know if regulation would be the correct one, but should yes end up with so much ICO scam that is being released. This is all the fault of the ETH.
Regulation will become a best decision to avoid the scam ico but what the heck are you doing by blame the ethereum as a thief in this case, look at your self dude, you are promoting icos. and it may run in the ethereum platform too.
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 12:30:40 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
I think it's pretty good if ICO is governed by the state. because the country will minimize the many ICO Fraud happening right now.
as for the effect that will happen is not going to many ICO that will roam freely.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 08, 2017, 12:09:32 AM
It's happening to stop individuals and organizations that don't meet gov criteria (they get their cut of the pie) from profiting without going through those same institutions that crypto is designed to bypass. It's pretty obvious if you think of it. Bankers control politicians, politicians control regulatory branches and once again the people are getting squeezed out.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
October 07, 2017, 11:57:00 PM
Is not necessary something bad. But how can you be decentralised and at the same time regulated?

Am finding it hard for projects who appeared decentralised to become regulated.

Yes this would bring a great shift of billions into the community, with all of the downfalls that come with it Sad

The technology can be decentralized but the company setting it up needs a legal jurisdiction anyway and that may not be regulated.

Our ICO won't be regulated, though we are fully transparent, but after that we will add more legal jurisdictions on purpose so that we will be regulated.

Should ICOs be regulated? As with everything there are pros and cons. It depends on the level of regulations. I think there should be guidelines, like that it won't make it too expensive to start an ICO but those guidelines will greatly limit the ability of less than honorable ICOs to happen as is unfortunately the case right now. Like that an ICO that does not abide by the guidelines can be blocked.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 07, 2017, 11:19:42 PM
Regulating icos is good in a sense that we can somehow eliminate the possibility of being victims from fake or scam icos this, making our investments safe. Although regulating icos may also cause some slight delays on distribution since there will be certain standards that needs to be met. Over all though, it more likely leans to positivity when it comes to safety and security.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1617
October 07, 2017, 11:12:17 PM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 07, 2017, 10:41:32 PM
Is ICO regulation good or bad?

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop.

Perhaps that development can’t be stopped… whether it is good or bad, we may have unstopped ICO phenomenon underway! Oh my.

After all my ranting about the illegality of ICOs, I stumbled today on the idea that forking and airdrop may be a way to convert an ICO issued token into a non-security.

Thus in theory for example the EOS tokens would end up living on (as re-issued in an air drop) outside the jurisdiction of any securities regulators in the world.

Hahaha. The regulators suddenly become irrelevant and can be ignored?

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
October 06, 2017, 10:09:24 AM
ICO regulation is great for crypto and blockchain communities to avoid fraud and money laundry actions. With any regulation of the world community will be more interested to joining this blockchain community. And blockchain and crypto community will be bigger day by day and the demand also will be increasing.  
Activity: 223
Merit: 105
Utrum OOT
October 06, 2017, 10:08:29 AM

Regulation is good for the market. The scams are filtered out, so it's much safer to invest in what's left (some scams always make it through though). This means the coins that are left will increase in value because people need to put there money somewhere. This also legitimizes cryptocurrencies which will mean many more trillions of dollars will flow into market because the average person will now trust it.

For now, just be careful with ICOs.

Activity: 294
Merit: 114
October 06, 2017, 09:40:52 AM
Eventually, regulations will help control new projects.

But for now, I believe that ICO's are progressing well.

Nobody knows what will happen with the projects, but I am certain that the teams behind most of the ICO's are really trying to accomplish their goals!

Any ideas on this?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
October 06, 2017, 08:57:34 AM
There are 2 sides of this "medal":
From one side its good - less scammers and cheaters,
from other side - it's bad for development of new perspective and interesting projects.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 215
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 06, 2017, 06:33:12 AM
there' nothing bad to regulate the ICO but i suggest need to study hard how to handle properly the regulation for the ICO for the good terms and condition  for the investors the bad idea's of this ICO given big taxes from the government want to regulate bitcoin this ideas are not good to us
Activity: 226
October 06, 2017, 06:08:20 AM
Depends on what regulation is pushed on ICO's.

Could either kill ICO's (fully banning them) or control them which allows them to raise the quality of ICO's.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2017, 06:06:32 AM
This looks like a dejavu for me . Few years ago everyday another coin was launched. Then too many people lose money on them.
Doge coin was created for a joke on this. Now you can see copy paste ICO everyday. And in the end regulation is good for ICO at least self regulation is a must be.
Activity: 826
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
October 06, 2017, 06:02:32 AM
We need a good ico regulation in accordance with the law so the project can run according to the plan that has been made. Then we need need regulation to reduce the occurrence of a scam ico very harmful.
Pages:
Jump to: