Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Islam a religion of Peace? - page 10. (Read 10274 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
February 16, 2016, 09:52:22 PM
if we can understand what is islam mean we will see islam is a religion of peace.

So why can't we understand as someone else who sees it as a peaceful religion does? but I think we all see how it is.
February 16, 2016, 09:49:54 PM
I find the most retarded reason to kill someone is for religion. I believe those people are specially retarded today.

And ironically most of the deaths have been caused by religion since the beginning of time.

Yes but today science has evolved as much, natural things like thunderstorm, solar and lunar eclipse and all of those things could be explained by science, so today to kill someone for religion is stupid. You can't compare humanity of today with the humanity of a couple hundred plus years ago...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 16, 2016, 09:47:36 PM
if we can understand what is islam mean we will see islam is a religion of peace.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
February 16, 2016, 12:35:47 PM
Islam like any other religion is a religion of peace.
But world wide most of the people consider Islam just opposite to it. No religion on this earth teaches violence or hatred.

Now that is an utter bullshit.

You are ignorant of your own religion and all other religions.

All of them teach violence and hatred.
Activity: 916
Merit: 500
February 16, 2016, 09:42:46 PM
Maybe we should ask boko haram for opinion about peace?

Amazing how they love guns and knives Grin

Those are considered sacred in their religious belief.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
February 16, 2016, 05:31:05 PM
Maybe we should ask boko haram for opinion about peace?

Amazing how they love guns and knives Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 16, 2016, 04:42:05 PM
I find the most retarded reason to kill someone is for religion. I believe those people are specially retarded today.

And ironically most of the deaths have been caused by religion since the beginning of time.
true but WW1 and WW2 didn't started buy islamic countrys and i don"t think they had less casulties like the other wars basrd on religions
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 16, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

February 16, 2016, 03:34:27 PM
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 16, 2016, 03:31:19 PM
or
maybe it means: It will be peace once everyone submits to it.  I think maybe that is the true meaning of this phrase.
Aren't they also killing their own, because they believe a fraction different than the rest? Lovely peace they have!

We are the borg. We come in peace. Surrender.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 16, 2016, 03:21:15 PM
or
maybe it means: It will be peace once everyone submits to it.  I think maybe that is the true meaning of this phrase.
Aren't they also killing their own, because they believe a fraction different than the rest? Lovely peace they have!
Activity: 144
Merit: 101
February 16, 2016, 03:14:03 PM
One should wonder why it is called "religion of peace"... and why no other religion is called that way.
It's simply wishful thinking, hoping someone will believe it.

My cat is very peaceful, and yet, I don't call him "cat of peace". Because it's not needed to make people believe it.
Dogs on the other hand often bite people, and yet dog owners feel the need to keep telling people it won't harm them.

Good question, I don't have any Idea of where it comes from! Who called it this way in the first place? ^^

Orwell maybe.  You know:  War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength etc.

it does have an Orwelian twist: Islam is peace, you have to scrap the bottom of the barrel to get to the peace part, or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace

"Religion of Peace" is a political neologism used as a description of Islam. After the September 11, 2001 attacks, some politicians described Islam as a "religion of peace" in an effort to differentiate between Islamic terrorists, Islamism, and non-violent Muslims

So it appears the very phrase never was definitional of Islam, as it came into use AFTER 9/11 and in a politically driven context of historical revisionism. 

If for example, Mohammed had said those exact words, or some that reasonably well translated to that, that would be something all Muslims would defend.  Same if the Koran said those exact words.  My understanding is that they DO NOT.

Hence I'm back to thinking the very question "Is Islam a religion of peace," is in fact a good question to be debated.  It would appear that a devout Muslim would be permitted to say "No," to the question. 

The Arabic term "Islam" itself is usually translated as "submission"; submission of desires to the will of God. It comes from the term "aslama", which means "to surrender" or "resign oneself".

The Arabic word salaam (سلام) ("Peace") has the same root as the word Islam. One Islamic interpretation is that individual personal peace is attained by utterly submitting to Allah.

As in other Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Judaism, etc.), peace is a basic concept in Islamic thought.

The greeting "Salaam alaykum", favoured by Muslims, has the literal meaning "Peace be upon you". Muhammad is reported to have said once: "Not one of you believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself." (Great Muslim scholars have said that the words ‘his brother’ mean any person irrespective of faith.)

Also wikipedia.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
February 16, 2016, 03:07:53 PM
But world wide most of the people consider Islam just opposite to it. No religion on this earth teaches violence or hatred.
If people consider any religion to be a religion of hatred then its their misconception of what they read in the media and see how others react around them. I too will say Islam basically supports peace in this world and for every human.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
February 16, 2016, 02:59:44 PM
One should wonder why it is called "religion of peace"... and why no other religion is called that way.

My cat is very peaceful, and yet, I don't call him "cat of peace". Because it's not needed to make people believe it.
Dogs on the other hand often bite people, and yet dog owners feel the need to keep telling people it won't harm them.

Good question, I don't have any Idea of where it comes from! Who called it this way in the first place? ^^

Orwell maybe.  You know:  War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength etc.

it does have an Orwelian twist: Islam is peace, you have to scrap the bottom of the barrel to get to the peace part, or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace

"Religion of Peace" is a political neologism used as a description of Islam. After the September 11, 2001 attacks, some politicians described Islam as a "religion of peace" in an effort to differentiate between Islamic terrorists, Islamism, and non-violent Muslims

So it appears the very phrase never was definitional of Islam, as it came into use AFTER 9/11 and in a politically driven context of historical revisionism. 

If for example, Mohammed had said those exact words, or some that reasonably well translated to that, that would be something all Muslims would defend.  Same if the Koran said those exact words.  My understanding is that they DO NOT.

Hence I'm back to thinking the very question "Is Islam a religion of peace," is in fact a good question to be debated.  It would appear that a devout Muslim would be permitted to say "No," to the question. 
Activity: 350
February 16, 2016, 02:51:36 PM
Yeah, Islam is a religion of peace. When they don't kill people. But on the other hand all other religions are of peace when they do the same thing.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
February 14, 2016, 11:27:02 AM
Islam or any other beliefs are not way to reach peace at all.
They will always reach one point so save its believers but kill its non believers.
It is truth for every religion. Sorry.
for every religion?Huh

I think some are peaceful and open minded and others are extreme and closed minded.

The problem is that the "peaceful and open minded" types, who claim that they constitute the majority of the Muslims, don't condemn the actions by their "extremist and close-minded" coreligionists. In the end, it is the silence by the majority which makes it impossible to prevent the terrorist activities by the fringe elements.

When they don't condemn the violence, do they still have the right to claim "Islam is peace?"

If and when they claim Islam is Peace regardless, should they just be laughed at?

Or what???

Muslims don't criticize obvious problems with their religion because any criticism is punishable by death.
This religion will have a hard time reforming itself.

Try to draw a picture of Mohammad raping a 9 yr old child.

What I'm not getting is why Western countries succumb to their demands for irrational behavior by openly not criticizing their religion.  Obama cannot even admit it is a problem. 

How can you reform this religion if you don't even admit there is a problem?

Activity: 392
February 16, 2016, 02:37:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
February 16, 2016, 01:30:31 PM

Great point.

Know them by their actions?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 16, 2016, 12:39:59 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2016, 12:32:43 PM
Pages:
Jump to: