Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a waste of time mentioning Bitcoin to friends and family? - page 3. (Read 14644 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In my case, they just interest to know more about bitcoin when I gave them proof that I really make money online. So hard to explain at first so need a clear output as a proof

yeah you right. same like my family. when i tell them about bitcoin and you can earn it online, my family hard to accept that, maybe because they scare for being scammed online.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
In my case, they just interest to know more about bitcoin when I gave them proof that I really make money online. So hard to explain at first so need a clear output as a proof.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
Telling our family about bitcoins is not a bad idea, as they would never make fun of you if anything wrong happens.
I think sharing with friends is bad idea though sometimes, because they make fun of you when things go wrong and they do not like it.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I've actually started talking about bitcoin to one of my coworkers, and he seems intrigued.  I think I posted this somewhere else, but I told him what a signature campaign is and that I'm in one and he seemed interested that I could earn money just by posting stuff in an online forum.  Admittedly the payouts aren't huge, but the bitcoin is paid out nonetheless.  I've told some other people, but I still have a hard time explaining the advantages of bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Depends on how you would otherwise spend your time. If you are confident that you are on your way towards becoming the next Einstein or for that matter, Satoshi Nakamoto, I guess it is a waste of time, relatively speaking.

I think also that the method of advertising Bitcoin is really important.
The community have to simplify the using and the explaining of how Bitcoin's works for everyone and especially for newbies with crypto currency's world

That's true , because many newbies don't even know anything about Bitcoin and crypto currencies world
So explaining them a little bit the things could help to advertise this powerful crypto currency
Activity: 742
Depends on how you would otherwise spend your time. If you are confident that you are on your way towards becoming the next Einstein or for that matter, Satoshi Nakamoto, I guess it is a waste of time, relatively speaking.

I think also that the method of advertising Bitcoin is really important.
The community have to simplify the using and the explaining of how Bitcoin's works for everyone and especially for newbies with crypto currency's world
Activity: 466
never give up tell them, show them also the profits of bitcoin, then they will be interested

ahh, the Amway approach
Activity: 434
I have considered telling my family and some of my friends about Bitcoin but whenever I've tried, they fail to understand why it does have value and why it is extremely important specially in the current socioeconomic context.. they don't get it and see it as something really strange. Needless to say I wouldn't tell them to put any money on it. In a way it feels like im keeping something amazing to myself, but at the same time, I don't want to put people into the pressure of holding through rallies long term because most people aren't cut for that.

How to introduce Bitcoin to absolutely clueless people and is there even a point? Should we just let time pass and wait for them to naturally learn about it once it goes more mainstream?

Yeah same with me. it's hard to introduce and tell our family and friends about bitcoin. once i tell my friend what is bitcoin and how it works. and he don't understand about that.
Activity: 471
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
never give up tell them, show them also the profits of bitcoin, then they will be interested

If bitcoin is introduced to them in a proper and positive way then I think they will be attracted towards bitcoin, and if we inform them that they can make money with bitcoins then they would really think to know about the bitcoins, because everyone wants to make money, and I don't think that its a waste of time.
Activity: 546
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
All you can do is talk about it to people who are around you, you can't do much about that.

You can't force them to get interested into bitcoin, I think the one thing that would help bitcoin get more known is media.

Since the media only puts out bad stuff about bitcoin, it becomes harder for people to adapt to bitcoin.

Very rightly said, the main problem that bitcoin is facing is the negative publicity from media and people are getting carried away with the news, as people are more influenced by press and media it makes it difficult for them to have faith in bitcoins, as it is said that bad news travels faster then good news, so people hesitate in getting into bitcoins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The trouble is you think you have time.
All you can do is talk about it to people who are around you, you can't do much about that.

You can't force them to get interested into bitcoin, I think the one thing that would help bitcoin get more known is media.

Since the media only puts out bad stuff about bitcoin, it becomes harder for people to adapt to bitcoin.
Activity: 756
It is times like these that remind one to make sure to inform family and friends that it is highly volatile and adventurous, not for the weak of heart . . . of course this follows all of the great things you say about Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
You need to have a well balance of life and bitcoin  Cheesy
True, and its not a waste of time mentioning or introducing Bitcoins to friends and family because if we introduce Bitcoins to friends and family means we are giving life to bicoins future.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
I have talked to people about btc and have gotten a few interested parties and some weren't as interested. It is hit and

miss with people. Sometimes and sometimes not. I have met acquaintances that have  been interested because they

have heard about it on the news at one point or other.

Yes I too don't think it's a waste of time trying to introduce bitcoin to our own members of family and friends.
It was not that hard for me to convince them that bitcoin is better than fiat in many ways, atleast for those who can
operate computer.
I just showed them practically how easy and anonymous to send and receive money via btc transaction and they are into bitcoin now. Of course some may find it difficult.
Activity: 336
No, just because your not seeing any results from the efforts you've made til now for introducing bitcoin, doesn't mean it's a waste of time... I would have surprised if they understood how it works and how great it is in terms of use and its potential... I've tried to go step by step since I'm the only tech person in my family (it sucks) and explaining to them the BTCitcoin is like explaining a college algebra to a elementary kid so it really takes time before they get a piece of how it works...I'm getting close there but it's just really hard teaching non tech people about it specially if their old...I suggest to gather them all up and try to compile some videos from YouTube that explains it real good and let them watch from time to time... I've seen positive results this way in shorter amount of time since the known speakers of BTCitcoin community do know how to attract people to BTCitcoin
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
Aleph.im
You need to have a well balance of life and bitcoin  Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I have talked to people about btc and have gotten a few interested parties and some weren't as interested. It is hit and

miss with people. Sometimes and sometimes not. I have met acquaintances that have  been interested because they

have heard about it on the news at one point or other.
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
IMO, yes. It is a waste of time to mention Bitcoin to my friends and family. I've show them the YouTube video on bitcoin.org repeatedly and it seems they will never get it. I was like, "Did you get it?" and they were like, "What was that?".
Some of my friends just don't give a fck about it. lol
Pages:
Jump to: