Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 204. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
Its good if you have both, but you must know the difference of those two. Saving for me is really good in terms of liquidity while investing is better when it comes to make money or earn more money. But still i choose to invest my money i consider it as my saving and the good thing is im earning while im saving.
Yeah you're correct. Storing your btc in your wallet is safe. The potential of the value of the bitcoin is really high it is really continuing to rise up and probably in the near future it will double up.
It could be higher in the near future, to hold is the key and it will make you rich someday if you will become a bag holder.
There's a lot of money here, all you need is to understand bitcoin and take the risk to invest.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
Its good if you have both, but you must know the difference of those two. Saving for me is really good in terms of liquidity while investing is better when it comes to make money or earn more money. But still i choose to invest my money i consider it as my saving and the good thing is im earning while im saving.
Yeah you're correct. Storing your btc in your wallet is safe. The potential of the value of the bitcoin is really high it is really continuing to rise up and probably in the near future it will double up.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
There should be a good balance between saving and investing as you cannot afford to rely only on single method as you cannot be sure that your investment will surely give you good results and if it doesnt goes fine then you should save money for rainy days.

For me, invest and save have the same meaning. If you are investing money, you are saving it for future purposes. Maybe an investment can go wrong, so it's better to split your money among several or some investments, never put all your eggs in one basket and you will be fine. If you need money for emergency reasons, cancel one of the investments and use the money.
But still there is a slight difference if you think as if you are investing your money in bitcoin, like putting your money in bitcoin then yes you are saving too but if you are investing your money or bitcoin in any business then we cannot call it as saving as in it much of the risk will involve with losing.
That will depend what kind of investments did you put your money and sure if you are a smart investor you will have knowledge first about the things before you invest..its like the bitcoins i may say it is also an investment because you will risk your money we are not to safe in bitcoins right? Anything can happen thus it is both good to have in bitcoins and in invesment dont put all eggs in one basket.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
There should be a good balance between saving and investing as you cannot afford to rely only on single method as you cannot be sure that your investment will surely give you good results and if it doesnt goes fine then you should save money for rainy days.

For me, invest and save have the same meaning. If you are investing money, you are saving it for future purposes. Maybe an investment can go wrong, so it's better to split your money among several or some investments, never put all your eggs in one basket and you will be fine. If you need money for emergency reasons, cancel one of the investments and use the money.
But still there is a slight difference if you think as if you are investing your money in bitcoin, like putting your money in bitcoin then yes you are saving too but if you are investing your money or bitcoin in any business then we cannot call it as saving as in it much of the risk will involve with losing.

It depends the investment. If you choose a risk investment, the chances of losing the investment or part of it are big, but the return is proportionally high too. If you choose a safe investment the return is low, but the investment will stay all the time most probably intact.

And there are other kinds of investments which you need to send your money to other's hands and wait a long time to hit ROI, this one doesn't work as money saving.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Putting money in bitcoin and keeping for a longer time or for any time of the future is also a type of saving money. Because bitcoin is a currency and keeping bitcoin is the same as to keep any other currency. If someone will have money in bitcoin then it is like saving money.

Yes. You can also save money and invest with Bitcoin to ensure your financial success in the future. With this in mind, you can use cryptocurrencies alongside fiat currencies to help expand your capital over the long term. When considering to grow your wealth as time goes by, you could always rely on rare assets or commodities like Bitcoin and Gold.

If you only save but don't invest your money, then your capital would likely remain static as it won't be able to grow over time. The worst thing you could do is save your fiat currency for the long term, since they are subject to inflation, making them less valuable over time. You would only use fiat currencies for short term, while in the other hand, save your money into Bitcoin, Gold, and/or other rare assets that tend to become valuable as time goes by.

Nevertheless, whatever you do with your money, be sure to make good use of it to avoid becoming bankrupt in the future. Just my thoughts. Grin
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
quarkchain.io
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
I will prefer to invest some part of my money in bitcoins to let it grow in future and rest I will save for the future as if my investment fails then I need hard cash in my hands to take care of my daily expenses and that is only possible if I have saved money.
That's why I like to work on my money management skills because it allows me to spend the right amount of money on something that I need daily instead of going all in on an investment and being stressful because of the price moving in all kinds of directions throughout the week.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 272
1xbit.com
I will prefer to invest some part of my money in bitcoins to let it grow in future and rest I will save for the future as if my investment fails then I need hard cash in my hands to take care of my daily expenses and that is only possible if I have saved money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 672
If you keep saving money, the inflation will diminish your money because of high iflation rates. Saving purely money may not mean a good opinion. You can invest them in somewhere. Bitcoin, real estate, gold or another thing.

Yes I agree with you and that is what I always read and heard from financial agent.  You will lose some with savings due to inflation rate.  For instance, you have 2% per annum interest while at the end of the year, your savings will be less by tax and inflation.  Ending you lose a good amount of money.  So it is always better to have investment.
yes although risk of losing money in trading and investment also there as no one know about that either you will  make money in investment or not but chance of making money is always there and you can really make a good profit form investment and trading, so i will also like to choose trading and investment. and specially investment in bitcoin and trading altcoin is also a good and secure way of making money.
If you will be expert in earning money through trading and you will invest in a coin which will have a high potential to increase up in the market like bitcoin then you will not lose your money but you will earn a good profit but if someone will not know abut trade and will invest in some weaker currencies then he may lose.
Activity: 655
If you keep saving money, the inflation will diminish your money because of high iflation rates. Saving purely money may not mean a good opinion. You can invest them in somewhere. Bitcoin, real estate, gold or another thing.

Yes I agree with you and that is what I always read and heard from financial agent.  You will lose some with savings due to inflation rate.  For instance, you have 2% per annum interest while at the end of the year, your savings will be less by tax and inflation.  Ending you lose a good amount of money.  So it is always better to have investment.
yes although risk of losing money in trading and investment also there as no one know about that either you will  make money in investment or not but chance of making money is always there and you can really make a good profit form investment and trading, so i will also like to choose trading and investment. and specially investment in bitcoin and trading altcoin is also a good and secure way of making money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Putting money in bitcoin and keeping for a longer time or for any time of the future is also a type of saving money. Because bitcoin is a currency and keeping bitcoin is the same as to keep any other currency. If someone will have money in bitcoin then it is like saving money.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
Let's see..

Save money: Worth decreases
Invest money: Worth increases

What do you want? Yup, investing!  Grin
(Ofcourse you need more skills for investing than for saving, but they aren't hard to learn...)

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Activity: 232
Activity: 196
Investment means giving the money to someone who uses it for their business and pays you back a dividend (and you normally get some kind of share that can be sold later). Think stocks.

"Save in bank" is actually a kind of investment. You give money to the bank, they use it for their business and give you a small interest (if at all) as dividend, and you can withdraw your money. With current interest rates, this is pretty boring, the only advantage compared to keeping money in a safe at home is that it's easier to do most types of payment, and that you don't need your own safe...

Buying precious metals is not an investment because those metals won't work with the money you paid for them. It's mostly speculation (you hope that you can sell it for a higher price) and safekeeping (real value of money can fall due to inflation, while precious metals will mostly retain their "real" value). But you need to consider storage fees.

To decide which is better you need to know what you consider "good".
Do you want to maximize your ROI? Do you want to store your wealth safely? Do you want to enable entrepreneurs to build their businesses?

You need to answer.
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
I think investing is better than saving money as investments give a chance to your money to grow and to work for you. You should invest a part in gold and a part in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, ethereum and monero.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
I want to answer by giving example. I mined 40 eth and some xmr too. I sold all of my ETH when ETH was 0.025 I think and that thought that was a great profit. That time BTC price was around $700. I sold them and was enjoying the rewards and also paid some dues.
I lost my mining rig , there was a voltage issue and I stopped mining. And that was also a cause of selling those coins. If I could hold them, I would be rich in my country at least. I invested my time and money and it paid me back with profit.
Investing is good if you know where to invest. Sometimes it is better to cashout rather than holding. So it depends what is your project and you have to find out what will be the outcome of your efforts
Jump to: