Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 556. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
besides there is the profit which banks give to your money that covers the inflation.

This is totally stupid, the interest from the banks wont cover the inflation rate. Your post makes no sense at all because in the most logical thought, banks are there to make profit for themselves not yourself so giving higher interest rate then the inflation rate equals to giving away free money in their own expenses
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
well, you have to have money saved up since we all need money in every single aspect of our lives. besides there is the profit which banks give to your money that covers the inflation.

but at the same time, if you want to grow your money you will have to do some kind of investment. and to reduce the risks and still have a decent profit it is a good idea to invest in multiple places.

for example i invest in bitcoin, gold and a couple of other small businesses (with cash) for profit.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I'd recommend saving. For instance, I am holding my bitcoins at this moment.
Investing can yield you a lot of money, but you have to be sure you know about the market.
It is risky, but if you are good at economics, you can do it.

split your money some part saving at bank, and other part invest at bitcoin.
i save arround $50-$100 / month im waiting reach arround $5000 then i use it for buid small bussines, also i growing my money at altcoin trading.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I'd recommend saving. For instance, I am holding my bitcoins at this moment.
Investing can yield you a lot of money, but you have to be sure you know about the market.
It is risky, but if you are good at economics, you can do it.
Activity: 252
Saving money is much better then investing because currently most of investing companies turning into Ponzi schemes which give huge setback to investors and its very hard to recover from this so better save with keep bitcoins and wait for rise of price for better profit
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Saving vs Investing is a age old question.

Saving just means - (risk free investing) - I certain countries like India, you earn 10% PA saving money. (risk free annual interest). Not considering inflation.

Investing is good as long as you have information. Don't invest with the crowd. Invest on something you know that not many people yet know about. If you have no unique knowledge, you should stay away and save.

Saving can also have risks to depending on how you see it?

When your money is at a bank, and it defaults what happens to your savings then? FDIC covers a certain amount, but there is limitations.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Investing is good as long as one has money to live comfortably on a month by month basis. If one struggles to live with his own wage that's very hard of even thinking about it.
I invested in btc when I was able to and today I'm carefully looking after my investment

you are wise when it comes to investing your money. a lot of the panic sellers sell because they invest money that they can't miss in their personal life. they sell just to prefent themself from making bigger losses. they don't know what they are doing. these people should stay far away from any kind of investment.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Investing is good as long as one has money to live comfortably on a month by month basis. If one struggles to live with his own wage that's very hard of even thinking about it.
I invested in btc when I was able to and today I'm carefully looking after my investment
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Saving vs Investing is a age old question.

Saving just means - (risk free investing) - I certain countries like India, you earn 10% PA saving money. (risk free annual interest). Not considering inflation.

Investing is good as long as you have information. Don't invest with the crowd. Invest on something you know that not many people yet know about. If you have no unique knowledge, you should stay away and save.
Activity: 140
I think it's better to start by saving money and keeping it for a while, and after earning a decent amount of money then you can actually use it in trading and earn a decent amount of money from investing generally.
Activity: 126
Depending on whether you want some profit from this money or simply want to keep it, If profit is needed then investing it specially in lower risks on invested money fields like banks and real estate may be decent.
Activity: 210
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
i would really love to save money now for I dont have that much bitcoin, I am still on the process of earning as much as I can be. But once I have enough that will also qualify me to invest I might do so for of course I want to work on negotiation and let them grow..
Activity: 672
In my opinion investing on this moment is better than save money for later due to the point the bitcoin will be much more profitable in the future.
Also the halving is coming this year and that will also let you make profit.

invest is not easy as you think, im sure bitcoin can survive in future, but better to split your money, some parts at saving, and other part at bitcoin, also if you have more money you can invest at gold too.
Activity: 364
Saving money is more important, cause in case of emergency you have save some money for it. In this  days saving money is most important than investing.

Yeah you right. That's why i always save half of my money for emergency. and half for investment. i think it's the best way to save and invest our bitcoins.
The Best thing on this moment now is just make an investment. We all know that the value will be higher later.
So if you are now going to invest you will have some profit later.
Activity: 448
In my opinion investing on this moment is better than save money for later due to the point the bitcoin will be much more profitable in the future.
Also the halving is coming this year and that will also let you make profit.
Activity: 420
Saving money is more important, cause in case of emergency you have save some money for it. In this  days saving money is most important than investing.

Yeah you right. That's why i always save half of my money for emergency. and half for investment. i think it's the best way to save and invest our bitcoins.
Activity: 364
Both are very good to do. And saving money is always good. On each moment. But you want also to make money.
And than you need to invest. Of course there is a chance that you can lose money. But otherwise you cant earn some money. To earn money you must take risks.
Activity: 644
Saving money is more important, cause in case of emergency you have save some money for it. In this  days saving money is most important than investing.

The value of fiat cash decreases with time, due to inflation. That is why the banks pay you interest to deposit fiat. On the other hand, since it is protected against inflation, no interest payments are required for Bitcoin deposits. If Bitcoin replaces fiat cash, the practice of giving interest for deposits will come to an end.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
it depends on your target profit, If you want to earn serious profit then investing it in good operation might be decent but the risk is proportionate to the potential profit, If you want to earn a smaller but less risky profit then a bank might be your fit.
Its like what they say, no guts no glory. Even if there are risk, investing is way better than just saving your money on a bank. The return from investment are lucrative compared to interest earned in the bank. Sometimes you just earned cents from bank interest. Plus money on the bank will be eaten up by inflation rates.
Activity: 210
Jump to: