Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 634. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 19, 2015, 11:31:23 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

I would do both because if I just save, it takes too long to wait for interest for it and when investing it I know the money will rise and I could save more.
Activity: 182
October 19, 2015, 11:05:20 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Saving and investing the money you earn is a good thing to do.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
October 19, 2015, 10:54:19 PM

I think save it investing is risky we don't know what will happen to the money that we invest.
risky but you can earn profit than in saving, but its better to save to keep safe your money and don't hany any problem about losing money,
Activity: 224
October 19, 2015, 10:45:53 PM

I think save it investing is risky we don't know what will happen to the money that we invest.
Activity: 210
October 19, 2015, 10:00:31 PM

Better do both.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2015, 08:03:20 PM
Well once upon a time, banks gave you high interests for just parking your money there. I mean a great fixed rate and complete safety. That era is gone now.

I'll give you a clear a answer then. If you have a goal in mind to save for, then save for that. The rest invest it as you see fit, in a balance portfolio with low and high risks options. And leave just some months ahead of monthly salary in your checking account/cash if you prefer that (or Bitcoin maybe?)
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
October 19, 2015, 07:53:00 PM
Well saving will lead into a long term investment return,but at crypto world is possible to get the same interest in a short period.One question the minimum salary at France is how much 1500 euros or more?Portugal has something around 500euros and i guess there is a 1% year .
Activity: 140
October 19, 2015, 02:29:45 PM

I do not like the risks and worry that comes with investing.  So I would just put my money in a savings account.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
October 19, 2015, 12:42:10 PM
Agree. Better to save money for bad times. Invest in good schemes

In common man life, investment are possible from a savings. Saving are meant for bad time situations and must be readily available for a emergency situations. Bitcoin has the awesome feature of savings which can be readily available for immediate spending and also a good investment in long term.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
October 19, 2015, 12:27:20 PM
Agree. Better to save money for bad times. Invest in good schemes
Activity: 154
October 19, 2015, 11:45:42 AM

Both saving and investing are good.  With investing, the return is high but there are risks involved.
Activity: 168
October 19, 2015, 11:00:25 AM

If you find it difficult whether to save or invest, do both, because both are good.  You put your money in an investment for long term goals and put your money in a savings account for easy access to ready cash.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 19, 2015, 05:04:41 AM
saving it's only good in a form of investment, liek bitcoin for example, but if you just save in the bank you will lose money due to infaltion of 8%
what are you even speaking ? in which world do you see an inflation of 8% ? are you saying per decade ?
however you get the interests on savings or you can just FD or bond it so you dont lose anything out of price increase.

it seems that right now the inflation is negative, but in the past(2014) there was a 7.68 peak, so we say an everage of 2-3 per year, still to much to cover you saving by simply locking your funds in a bank, you will lose money every year
yeas ...i knew it was close to 3% per anum and how much are you geting from intersts or FD's ?
international rate of FD's is 10% to a lowest of 7% depending on the bank and country...still .

here in italy it's very low, around 1% maybe 2 with the best bank, so it's not worth it at all to leave your money doing nothing in a bank

In France that's 0.75% in all of the banks. Ridiculous, I have nothing more to say. I might as well hold my money at my house. Interest rates are closely following the inflation rate and are being adjusted by the inflation rate in France. Current inflation rate is under 0.75%.

European economy is pretty much falling apart!

i wasn't aware that france has so low FD rate, that's unexcepted, i mean they ar enot in bad position when we tanlk about their economy

we are only lucky that inflation is negative now, but this does not mean anything, it will increase again in the future,

so hoping to making a good move with fd rate right now is a bit naive, especially because you need 1 year of fix deposit to have your rate, 1 year is enough for the inflation to fluctuate in a bad position, again..

Yes, 0.75%. It's nothing. Here apparently they adjust the interest rates every 6 months and they are directly related to the inflation rate. So it really doesn't depend how well one country is doing.

Then again country can't do to good when you have a negative inflation rate!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 19, 2015, 03:21:13 AM
saving it's only good in a form of investment, liek bitcoin for example, but if you just save in the bank you will lose money due to infaltion of 8%
what are you even speaking ? in which world do you see an inflation of 8% ? are you saying per decade ?
however you get the interests on savings or you can just FD or bond it so you dont lose anything out of price increase.

it seems that right now the inflation is negative, but in the past(2014) there was a 7.68 peak, so we say an everage of 2-3 per year, still to much to cover you saving by simply locking your funds in a bank, you will lose money every year
yeas ...i knew it was close to 3% per anum and how much are you geting from intersts or FD's ?
international rate of FD's is 10% to a lowest of 7% depending on the bank and country...still .

here in italy it's very low, around 1% maybe 2 with the best bank, so it's not worth it at all to leave your money doing nothing in a bank

In France that's 0.75% in all of the banks. Ridiculous, I have nothing more to say. I might as well hold my money at my house. Interest rates are closely following the inflation rate and are being adjusted by the inflation rate in France. Current inflation rate is under 0.75%.

European economy is pretty much falling apart!

i wasn't aware that france has so low FD rate, that's unexcepted, i mean they ar enot in bad position when we tanlk about their economy

we are only lucky that inflation is negative now, but this does not mean anything, it will increase again in the future,

so hoping to making a good move with fd rate right now is a bit naive, especially because you need 1 year of fix deposit to have your rate, 1 year is enough for the inflation to fluctuate in a bad position, again..
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
October 19, 2015, 03:16:51 AM
invest all your money at bitcoin Smiley

I don't know if its a good idea but personally I won't do that since bitcoin price unpredictable and all investments do have risks. But investing on bitcoins is a good investment but only invest a percentage of your money, not everything cuz you may end up broke if ever bitcoin will go down. Just my two cents Smiley
bad idea,you must have a cash for your real life, don't just depend in bitcoin or in bitcoin community, your salary may lose every month if you put all of your money in bitcoin and you are not sure if your money will earn profit or not.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 19, 2015, 02:35:06 AM

I don't know if its a good idea but personally I won't do that since bitcoin price unpredictable and all investments do have risks. But investing on bitcoins is a good investment but only invest a percentage of your money, not everything cuz you may end up broke if ever bitcoin will go down. Just my two cents Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
October 19, 2015, 02:15:24 AM

Do not ever invest money just by hopes because you may end up in a big loss. So better diversify you investments to reduce investment risks. All investments comes with some risks so investing everything in single product is foolishness. Do not ever do that even if you know it can surely give you good returns over the time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 19, 2015, 12:04:34 AM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
October 19, 2015, 12:01:48 AM
I say its better to save money... if you want to invest you can invest that is good too... But invest in a way that one investment if got scammed then it is covered up by other investment

Saving is the better options I agree. But if you save your money in bitcoin will make your money grow over time and you can get back your money in multiple times. Bitcoin has proven record of growth, so saving in bitcoin will be the wonderful choice to make your money to fly.

Savings like anything else needs a huge sum of cash.

Besides you need cash for other bills, but bitcoin is not always secure it will grow over time. So I suggest to invest in gold as well.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
October 19, 2015, 12:00:09 AM
I say its better to save money... if you want to invest you can invest that is good too... But invest in a way that one investment if got scammed then it is covered up by other investment

Yeah you can save money, but you need a good cash flow for other investments.

You cant have one thing wanting first, if you have zero cash flow.
Jump to: