Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 664. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Hahaha user's problem, they got panic if they saw that bitcoin price is going down. But we all know that bitcoin price is temporary and its stability change anytime. Just have a long patience when the price of bitcoin goes up again.
And what do you think about bitcoin price that have reached $1,000 but went down and never go up to that price again? There were people who lost much because of that, and blamed their friends who recommended bitcoin for them as an investment. We need aware to little change in bitcoin price, dont need to panic, just aware it.
We all know that everything has a risk, so if you used something you must know the responsibilities. Yes you are correct they should aware about that, but why you used bitcoin or try it if you don't even know what it can do with your money? I think your friend should told you about that.
Investment is a way to get profit which we should reduce any risks or anything to get profit as much as we can. Seems you havent got into bitcoin in 2014 when its price was $600 and went down next months until $300 now. Hodling bitcoin is a risk, then I only can say good luck to you, hope you will get much profit.
Hahaha its not impossible that the bitcoin price goes up, because we all know that the stability of the price is not stable and change in every hour.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
Hahaha user's problem, they got panic if they saw that bitcoin price is going down. But we all know that bitcoin price is temporary and its stability change anytime. Just have a long patience when the price of bitcoin goes up again.
And what do you think about bitcoin price that have reached $1,000 but went down and never go up to that price again? There were people who lost much because of that, and blamed their friends who recommended bitcoin for them as an investment. We need aware to little change in bitcoin price, dont need to panic, just aware it.
We all know that everything has a risk, so if you used something you must know the responsibilities. Yes you are correct they should aware about that, but why you used bitcoin or try it if you don't even know what it can do with your money? I think your friend should told you about that.
Investment is a way to get profit which we should reduce any risks or anything to get profit as much as we can. Seems you havent got into bitcoin in 2014 when its price was $600 and went down next months until $300 now. Hodling bitcoin is a risk, then I only can say good luck to you, hope you will get much profit.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
I wouldnt recommend savings at all.

Theres better investments that earn way more

This is pretty much wrong. First of all you should note that saving is not to be considered as investment. Saving is much about securing your money and investment is about getting interest from your capital.
Saving could be deemed as a form of investment because you get an interest in return for saving however things are pretty much different because the interest that you got from saving isnt covering the yearly inflation rate therefore you are losing but the main point of saving isnt about "getting more" but for "keeping purposes"

Saving is a primary thing, you cannot invest unless you save money for the future, each and every individual is not born rich, that he can directly make an investments with holding a great capital, for a ordinary guy saving is primary thing and investment is the secondary.

Right. You have to save before you can invest, or more exactly said someone has to save before possibly someone else can invest, by borrowing the saved money.

This is also true in the nonfree market, the general market, that which includes the violence of the state. When the state invests in a road, it has to take money in taxes (someone has to consume less to pay the taxes, i.e saving), or by government borrowing (someone gives products to the government and get a loan certificate back, the value of which can be spent later, i.e. saving), or the government takes saved money from pensioners, widows and fatherless through inflation of the money quantity. i.e they take the value from the saved money.

If you think of it, like someone without the concept of money ingrained, it is quite basic and understandable. If you have nothing, and like berries, and can pick a little more berries than you need per day, you have to save a bunch of berries to take a day off, make a berry picker which is then an investment, to increase your productivity.

tl; dr You have to save before you can invest - it is basic and logical.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500

This is pretty much wrong. First of all you should note that saving is not to be considered as investment. Saving is much about securing your money and investment is about getting interest from your capital.
Saving could be deemed as a form of investment because you get an interest in return for saving however things are pretty much different because the interest that you got from saving isnt covering the yearly inflation rate therefore you are losing but the main point of saving isnt about "getting more" but for "keeping purposes"

Saving is a primary thing, you cannot invest unless you save money for the future, each and every individual is not born rich, that he can directly make an investments with holding a great capital, for a ordinary guy saving is primary thing and investment is the secondary.
Activity: 560
well banks got inlove from tecnology of blockhain we got the best and powerful bank in hands ,they are worryed and wanna now copy it?buy it?And i doubt they will reduce their fees ,their services and give a better interest on our deposits.Invest some 50% into bitcoin and others crypto you wont regret
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
its better to hold the money and not invest it anywhere, investing gives you only low percentage profit and you have to risk loosing the money even if you think that investment is safe, the safest place for your money is your bitcoin wallet
Ok but whats the use of holding all coins in wallet, atleast by invest one can earn small amount of money... i dont say that invest all coins but investing small amount can be good

Having bitcoin alone is a gamble, since some actually believe it can just drop like crazy since its volatile.

Then again what Id ask, is whats not volatile since almost everything is.. but yeah just in general some people actually leave some out to lend on the exchange threads to earn more bitcoin which is what id consider if you have rep.

Well, the bankers are holding:

How Many Here Own Bitcoin?" American Banker Conference #Bitcoin4Bankers

So you best be holding too.

I would speculate with a certain % of your BTC on a few interesting alt projects and wait for solid gains. Example: Maidsafe went from 8K to 13K and I've been calling that one out for a while. Easy profits and I ain't selling anytime soon, too low.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
for me, saving and invest is like 50:50 saving in the bank 50% and the rest i use to buy bitcoin. but it just 20$ since i have no job...

50 savings is decent, but I wouldnt keep a large principal in there since you never know when a new bank can take over.

And then your money gets complicated, so it depends on the size of your bank who youre with.

Theres better investments that earn way more, I rather put in a few into with being part of a stock or something if I know well enough about where its going to go.

Of course this is varied, but still a better option then savings..  Tongue
i have 20$ in bank deposit and 20$ worth of bitcoin. what would you suggest me to invest, please? my background is a student without job..  Cheesy
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
for me, saving and invest is like 50:50 saving in the bank 50% and the rest i use to buy bitcoin. but it just 20$ since i have no job...

50 savings is decent, but I wouldnt keep a large principal in there since you never know when a new bank can take over.

And then your money gets complicated, so it depends on the size of your bank who youre with.

Theres better investments that earn way more, I rather put in a few into with being part of a stock or something if I know well enough about where its going to go.

Of course this is varied, but still a better option then savings..  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Activity: 560
money was meant to be spent each year to cover inflation and starts a portion of our salary without us realizing it .What a year spent 10,000 dollars to maintain a level of quiet life the same amount the next year will demonstrate that our purchasing power decreases , forcing to cut some things to balance orçamento.Nao worth leaving the money in savings when the amount and little , if for example 50k dollars some banks may offer 1% but not one should live only such income reinvest part of this amount generated monthly will ensure a better return from month to month absorbing the inflation and keeping a job, set an option perhaps more risky and invest these savings in bitcoins , and its trajectory has a tendency to be up or valorization
I think holding bitcoin is a good idea because it is a big chance to increase its price and you can have a good profit maybe
hold just is not right, the bitcoin selling price is very volatile, you cant just hold ? if you hold and bitcoin prices down, what would you do?
Holding and also selling when the price of bitcoin goes up, he just forget to say also to sell when the price goes up. But holding coins even if its price are low is ok, you'll just wait again to increase its price.
You right, selling when prices rise and holding when prices fell, but as it sometimes does not correspond to expectations, then we must continue to monitor the price bitcon to be able to know when to hold and sell
Just keep monitoring on bitcoin price and just earn, don't get affect if the price goes down, just keep earning and wait until the price of bitcoin goes up, Don't depend on its price ,depend on its value.
should not be affected if the price drops, patience is the key, usually we fear if the price drops and reflexes to sell all bitcoin
Activity: 558
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

My sugestion and what i already do was do both of yours choice.. Saving money in bank was must and if you want to invest, never try on online investment first but invest on ofline first, i nver try on property but Gold is good for investing, because gold value was stabilized until the end of the world
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I always try to save money first and then invest in on a certain projects but do have this on mind that each project has a tendency to be a failure so never lose hope until you succeed , unfortunately my first project failed but i'm nearing on investing on my 2nd project with the hope of success this time Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
on second thought ---------------- better to spend it

on something that give you other money, you will ever the chance of use your money? i see many so caught by their investments, that everything they do is investing again with all their profit, basically it's like they have nothing

and even if they are professional and will not lose anything the simple fact that they are so addicted to make more money, will condemns them to not enjoy their wealth
Activity: 658
I think holding bitcoin is a good idea because it is a big chance to increase its price and you can have a good profit maybe
hold just is not right, the bitcoin selling price is very volatile, you cant just hold ? if you hold and bitcoin prices down, what would you do?
Holding and also selling when the price of bitcoin goes up, he just forget to say also to sell when the price goes up. But holding coins even if its price are low is ok, you'll just wait again to increase its price.
You right, selling when prices rise and holding when prices fell, but as it sometimes does not correspond to expectations, then we must continue to monitor the price bitcon to be able to know when to hold and sell
Just keep monitoring on bitcoin price and just earn, don't get affect if the price goes down, just keep earning and wait until the price of bitcoin goes up, Don't depend on its price ,depend on its value.
should not be affected if the price drops, patience is the key, usually we fear if the price drops and reflexes to sell all bitcoin
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
on second thought ---------------- better to spend it
Jump to: