Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 687. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

i agree with this, the only problem is when is the correct time to exit, you will learn it by losing, at least at the beginning

There is no "correct" time to exit this. Basically anytime you got a slight profit about 1 % then that would already be the best time for you to exit thus in theory people are always willing to stay up longer in hope to get much more which actually ends up burning themselves instead.
Thus Of course with a solid investment such as gold and/or real estate / BTC people tend to stay much longer though since it is meant to stay as a long term investment

correct in the sense of maximizing your profit, and minimize the damage from the fees, if you can alwasy exit at the correct time, your final income would be higher, so it's an important aspect

Indeed I has stated that it has no correct time as there are several aspect to look at and thats depends on each individual as well. Sense of maximizing profit and minimizing risk will be different somewhat one across another and not to mention that no every investment would be the same in this case.
Therefore there is no "correct time" on it because discussing about this will lead to an endless discussion because each person will have a very very different opinion onto this  Wink
Because its decentralized and no one can control the price of bitcoin. Yeah thats right we have a unique thinking skill so that we will not agree with their opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414

i agree with this, the only problem is when is the correct time to exit, you will learn it by losing, at least at the beginning

There is no "correct" time to exit this. Basically anytime you got a slight profit about 1 % then that would already be the best time for you to exit thus in theory people are always willing to stay up longer in hope to get much more which actually ends up burning themselves instead.
Thus Of course with a solid investment such as gold and/or real estate / BTC people tend to stay much longer though since it is meant to stay as a long term investment

correct in the sense of maximizing your profit, and minimize the damage from the fees, if you can alwasy exit at the correct time, your final income would be higher, so it's an important aspect

Indeed I has stated that it has no correct time as there are several aspect to look at and thats depends on each individual as well. Sense of maximizing profit and minimizing risk will be different somewhat one across another and not to mention that no every investment would be the same in this case.
Therefore there is no "correct time" on it because discussing about this will lead to an endless discussion because each person will have a very very different opinion onto this  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

correct in the sense of maximizing your profit, and minimize the damage from the fees, if you can always exit at the correct time, your final income would be higher, so it's an important aspect
i think invest in saving money is one of those tasks that's so much easier said than done. everyone knows it's smart to save money in the long run, but many of us still have difficulty doing it. 1. Pay yourself first.The easiest way to save money rather than spending it is to make sure that that you never get a chance to spend the money in the first place.
2. Avoid accumulating new debt.
3. Set reasonable savings goals.
4. Establish a time-frame for your goals.
5. Keep a budget.
6. Record your expenses.
7. Start saving as early as possible.

And also :
Buy the things that you really need and dont buy your wants.
Dont make a debt so that you can pay your debt.
And also having a patient.
legendary
i guess the only others option is too invest in those risky HYIP/ponzi, and hope to exit at the best time without losing anything, i don't see many oithers alternative, and there aren't without risk

Its not even an investment to begin with, it is basically surrendering your money to those thief if you are putting in your money into HYIP while there are still tons of other investments available and thats basically stealing from someone else

Bad idea, you dont try to double up what you invest in this case but more likely consider each investment to have an exit plan instead. The simple rules will be

Code:
get investment -> get a profit -> exit -> repeat the process

Otherwise you will be swimming in delusion of constantly wanting to get a big chunk of money without even getting an actuall profit for your investment because every investment got its own risk, you might not always get a profit but maybe a loss instead

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
i think invest in saving money is one of those tasks that's so much easier said than done. everyone knows it's smart to save money in the long run, but many of us still have difficulty doing it. 1. Pay yourself first.The easiest way to save money rather than spending it is to make sure that that you never get a chance to spend the money in the first place.
2. Avoid accumulating new debt.
3. Set reasonable savings goals.
4. Establish a time-frame for your goals.
5. Keep a budget.
6. Record your expenses.
7. Start saving as early as possible.
legendary
It's better to invest than save. I think right now, the market is open for any investment available. Wait for bitcoin to stabilize it self on the current market and put your money in cryptocurrency. Saving is a dumb way to make money off of interest rate, banks will always make more.

i guess the only others option is to invest in those risky HYIP/ponzi, and hope to exit at the best time without losing anything, i don't see many oithers alternative, and there aren't without risk

Bad idea, you dont try to double up what you invest in this case but more likely consider each investment to have an exit plan instead. The simple rules will be

Code:

Otherwise you will be swimming in delusion of constantly wanting to get a big chunk of money without even getting an actuall profit for your investment because every investment got its own risk, you might not always get a profit but maybe a loss instead

legendary
Saving is a dumb way to make money off of interest rate, banks will always make more.

Of course it is and so does the other type of company that offer you an X percentage for investing on their company. If the operator/company doesnt make more than what they promise to give you then they wont be making anything at all.

First, save money for three years to support yourself during investing money on any business.

Three years isnt needed for investing. Getting investment doesnt mean that you need a big chunk of money here, instead there is a lot of smaller investment that you can get i.e an oz of gold , although what you get in return for your investment will be in a small amount but atleast it is something rather than nothing for waiting for 3 years.

always try to double your investment

Code:

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

First, save money for three years to support yourself during investing money on any business. Investing in real estate is indeed good, however you should be well aware of the places and areas where the demand of the infrastructure is high. Do not be greedy while buying or selling the properties, always try to double your investment and expand your businesses in many areas, do not stick to one business means one investment.

Are sure for suggesting people to save 3 years of their money just to support their investment? I dont think that is a good idea since 3 years is a long time to do saving. How much did you get in 3 years saving? Do you compare it to 3 years of investing? Saving is good but investing is better
He only saying that you need a saving to have an extra money so that you can support your investment. He's telling that you must have an extra cash for incase of lose of your money in investing.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

First, save money for three years to support yourself during investing money on any business. Investing in real estate is indeed good, however you should be well aware of the places and areas where the demand of the infrastructure is high. Do not be greedy while buying or selling the properties, always try to double your investment and expand your businesses in many areas, do not stick to one business means one investment.

Are sure for suggesting people to save 3 years of their money just to support their investment? I dont think that is a good idea since 3 years is a long time to do saving. How much did you get in 3 years saving? Do you compare it to 3 years of investing? Saving is good but investing is better
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
It's better to invest than save. I think right now, the market is open for any investment available. Wait for bitcoin to stabilize it self on the current market and put your money in cryptocurrency. Saving is a dumb way to make money off of interest rate, banks will always make more.
legendary
Invest because your money can grow up when time passes

You forgot that when some time passes there is also a chance that inflation might happen and thus by that time the interest that you earned from your investment will be nothing but dust instead.

and it can secure your good future

Investing doesnt mean that you are securing your future with because there is a risk to everything you do. Putting your money in the bank got some risk as well and it is a bogus mindset to think that you / your generation will be a billionaire by 100years from now if you are getting some investment

but savings accounts generally earn a lower return than investments.

approximately up to 7.5 % interest value and it depends on the digit that you are putting in as well as the timeframe for it, goes higher with the increasing timeframe though. Actually the interest seem fair considering it quite safe depending on the other type of risky investment
You can earn interest by putting money in a savings account, but savings accounts generally earn a lower return than investments.

You can earn interest on fiat cash, but not on Bitcoin. The value of fiat cash decreases with time, due to inflation. That is why the banks pay you interest to deposit fiat. On the other hand, since it is protected against inflation, no interest payments are required for Bitcoin deposits. If Bitcoin replaces fiat cash, the practice of giving interest for deposits will come to an end.
Yeah thats right if you are save with bitcoin you would not have an interest you will only get is to save your money,but if you save in fiat money you can have a interest but you are not excepted or it have an inflation.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
You can earn interest by putting money in a savings account, but savings accounts generally earn a lower return than investments.

You can earn interest on fiat cash, but not on Bitcoin. The value of fiat cash decreases with time, due to inflation. That is why the banks pay you interest to deposit fiat. On the other hand, since it is protected against inflation, no interest payments are required for Bitcoin deposits. If Bitcoin replaces fiat cash, the practice of giving interest for deposits will come to an end.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Invest because your money can grow up when time passes and it can help some company to invest your money for they capital but they add some money to your money for paying what youve than for they investing are really helpfull and it can secure your good future
legendary

investing only in gold is no guarantee of a good return you need to trade well, if you really want to make money from it, then leaving your money in bank is also fruitless because of the low interest, in the end you need to gamble and risk more if you want to earn big, and this is what many are doing now at the cost of losing everything, they continue to try again and again that route
legendary
well the risk factor of investing its relative acording to the amount to be gain if you have a 5 % risk of profit and investment you get 5% profit

Where did you get this calculation from? Basically investing is actually risking a whole lot (100%) to gain a small interest out of it and it is not risking X percentage to get X percentage in return that would basically make you earn 100 % interest out of it which of course ponzi sites do offer 100 % interest and it is not investment though

in my opinion you safe 80% and invest 20% low risk

Not actually low risk, basically the risk will need to be calculate based on the investment itself. It depends on what / where will you put your investment on. Putting 1 % of your entire money into high risk investment is indeed a high risk choice despite it is just a 1 % of your money
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
well the risk factor of investing its relative acording to the amount to be gain if you have a 5 % risk of profit and investment you get 5% profit and if you invest like to gain 200% you are prob between lots of scammers that the honesty of quick deal of those 200% profit its very unreliable soo as i do say you should not invest in big % profit with big margin for error of scam and you safe at least 80% of you money/btc into a good pen wallet acount for safety in my opinion you safe 80% and invest 20% low risk but thats just me and besides that dont use all your money into btc hters still lots of buy things not in btc yet.
Jump to: