Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 682. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
invest is for people that they can loose.
save is for people that they have no reserve.

you can invest and loose or win.
you can save ... and you win always.

Saving isn't about winning or losing at all. Saving is about survival. Investment is about luxury.

Saving is not full about survival, just one thing that you always need in when you are in trouble or in some emergency so saving is always a must for

ever person in this world and investment is some kind of gambling but in positive ways, you can lose it and you can win it too
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
Buying it right now is the only good option as the prices are falling down

Wrong, be alert on the price movement that the price has been rallying since yesterday and we are now at $250

Basically if you are only looking for a place to secure your money, BTC will be the answer for it and you should put every money that you have to be in form of BTC as an investment because BTC is far more secure than bank

I don't think so, because no one that will guarantee your bitcoin other than yourself. You can't complain to police or other authorities when your bitcoin was lost if you are living in country where government don't recognize bitcoin. So, if it lost, then it's gone forever. In bank, they can give guarantee to secure your money.

Any Bank will always give a guarantee their customer that they will secure their money no matter what happened, otherwise there will be no one to put their money in the bank (marketing tactics).
In term of solely for security , BTC is indeed a better option ( Im a fan of securing my own belongings ) if you know how to do it properly but in term of solely investment , I would say that BTC is a risky bet for now due to its volatility and it will be much better to put your money in safe deposits as an investment
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
i doubt bitcoin price will keep failing there is a support that stands on 200 dollars mark soo buying them now would mean they have potencial to go up on the next years

Buying it right now is the only good option as the prices are falling down so it is a great news for the new entrants who wants to invest in the bitcoin and we wish that prices should go up in the next years but you cannot be sure that it would become true as market is volatile and so is the bitcoin.

bitcoin below $300 is a great buy. but just don't expect the price to double any time soon. it will take a year or more to happen. just buy and hold.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
Basically if you are only looking for a place to secure your money, BTC will be the answer for it and you should put every money that you have to be in form of BTC as an investment because BTC is far more secure than bank

I don't think so, because no one that will guarantee your bitcoin other than yourself. You can't complain to police or other authorities when your bitcoin was lost if you are living in country where government don't recognize bitcoin. So, if it lost, then it's gone forever. In bank, they can give guarantee to secure your money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
i doubt bitcoin price will keep failing there is a support that stands on 200 dollars mark soo buying them now would mean they have potencial to go up on the next years

Buying it right now is the only good option as the prices are falling down so it is a great news for the new entrants who wants to invest in the bitcoin and we wish that prices should go up in the next years but you cannot be sure that it would become true as market is volatile and so is the bitcoin.
Activity: 560
legendary
the way to go is take some % of money on the bank and invest in bitcoin.. currently more safe then keep on the bank....

Whats the point on taking some of your money in the bank and put in form of BTC if you are only looking for more secure places to keep it? Basically if you are only looking for a place to secure your money, BTC will be the answer for it and you should put every money that you have to be in form of BTC as an investment because BTC is far more secure than bank

But you should note ofcourse putting your money in form of BTC has some negative effect due to the price that keeps on declining , therefore someone should take extra precautions when doing it
Activity: 560
the way to go is take some % of money on the bank and invest in bitcoin.. currently more safe then keep on the bank....
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
You can better invest and make 300 double your money than hold it for your own and lose. Money is always rolling.
Activity: 728
As this is still early stage of Bitcoin on long journey to reach the destination so saving is not good at all in Bitcoin.It had better to invest in Bitcoin and sell when you see profits and buy back when market goes down like this at least for few years will be like this.
legendary
We dont need another altcoin stuff such as POS. You should go and tell your idea of this in bitcoin discussion section and Im sure you will be getting alot of negatives comment

i know, and i don't like the idea myself, but there is no better alternatives, for a secure investments with bitcoin, only pos can guarantee it at this point

"BTC itself is an investment itself" however with the price being manipulated and keep on declining that slogan would be a sweet dream instead. Actually my point of view will be towards on how secure you can keep your money in form of BTC , ability to secure your possesion for me is a far better investment then any other form of investment

Constantly keeping your money in form of BTC and put them in the wallet makes you safe from inflation indeed but you forgot that each day the price of BTC is declining and thats makes you lose the value of BTC that you bought

Someone has just lost over $15,000 because of the decline of BTC as he had 40 BTC which used to worth over $25,000 and now it's worth less than $10,000 - so keeping money in BTC is not safe.

Here is his story:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-need-bitcoin-to-be-690-to-break-evenwill-i-make-it-973092

the chances that this will happen again are far lower then when it was manipulated for reaching that 1200 ath

it should be much safer to invest now in bitcoin then in the 1200, but not because i now, i know that there wasn't a dump after it, but because it is far easy to sustain the current price

This is exactly what people said when we are hanging on $600 mark for quite some time, everyone said that this is the footstep that will hold but unfortunately the price keep on going down . It is still pretty unclear currently, I would suggest to look into BTC as an investment after the next halving or atleast some time before the next halving
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
We dont need another altcoin stuff such as POS. You should go and tell your idea of this in bitcoin discussion section and Im sure you will be getting alot of negatives comment

i know, and i don't like the idea myself, but there is no better alternatives, for a secure investments with bitcoin, only pos can guarantee it at this point

Constantly keeping your money in form of BTC and put them in the wallet makes you safe from inflation indeed but you forgot that each day the price of BTC is declining and thats makes you lose the value of BTC that you bought

Someone has just lost over $15,000 because of the decline of BTC as he had 40 BTC which used to worth over $25,000 and now it's worth less than $10,000 - so keeping money in BTC is not safe.

Here is his story:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-need-bitcoin-to-be-690-to-break-evenwill-i-make-it-973092

the chances that this will happen again are far lower then when it was manipulated for reaching that 1200 ath

it should be much safer to invest now in bitcoin then in the 1200, but not because now, i know that there wasn't a dump after it, but because it is far easy to sustain the current price
legendary

Here is his story:

Due to this volatile market, keeping your money in form of BTC as an investment is actually not a good idea. In the end it will be the same as keeping FIAT that suffering from inflation (difference would be BTC is much more secure in keeping your money in banks). It will be another different story however if the market is stable which unfortunately it is not going to happen anytime sooner

Everyone has been saying that if you want to be a Bitcoin pioneer, then get ready to lose money, because the volatility will be extreme.

I ditched this statements as I was a trader few months ago and It is not my nature to lose money. It is the fault of those people who thinks that keeping BTC for 10 years would gain them some profit as they are going into delusion that anything could happen to BTC in 10 years timeframe while as a trader you could keep on gaining some by riding on this volatile wave
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Here is his story:

Obviously, BTC isn't safe in it's current early state. Everyone has been saying that if you want to be a Bitcoin pioneer, then get ready to lose money, because the volatility will be extreme.
The point is, at the end of the travel, after many ups and downs, you'll end up with a lot more than you started with. But only the 1% of holders are going to handle the stress to hold over 10 years of bubble burst cycles.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
be your self
invest is for people that they can loose.
save is for people that they have no reserve.

you can invest and loose or win.
you can save ... and you win always.

Saving isn't about winning or losing at all. Saving is about survival. Investment is about luxury.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Here is his story:
legendary
Its better to invest but its better to save first then you can now invest your money so that you have an enough capital to invest.

It actually doesnt matter on your capital for this investment stuff. Either if you have a small or a big capital, the interest rate (percentage) will only varies a little. What matters will be the interest earn from your capital and of course you should know every investment got its own risk and with bigger capital the risk to bear will be higher as well

i guess you shouldnt invest it just let the money work for you  try some safe investments

try some safe investments

Such as? AFAIK there are none "safe" investment as every investment bear their own risk. Even putting your money into safe deposits is actually unsafe due to that alot of news regarding banks insolvency

And if you save in bitcoin keep your money in your wallet your money are safe into inflation/

what we need is a sidechain with the ability to turn bitcoin pos, so you can earn interest while leaving your coins/money safe in your desktop

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Investing money= risk of losing money/getting a good return from investment. (Risky)
Bank is secure investment but in long term, it doesn't increase. Inflation, duh. Invest in bitcoin.

banks are not that secure anymore, did you saw all the recents news about bank insolvency and bank robbery? i'll not trust a bank nowadays like i would not trust any exchange

what we need is a sidechain with the ability to turn bitcoin pos, so you can earn interest while leaving your coins/money safe in your desktop
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Investing money= risk of losing money/getting a good return from investment. (Risky)
Bank is secure investment but in long term, it doesn't increase. Inflation, duh. Invest in bitcoin.
yes it better to save and invest in bitcoin because if you save in a bank you are not excepted to the inflation or your money are in inflation. And if you save in bitcoin keep your money in your wallet your money are safe into inflation/
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Jump to: